No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabine what kind of Liverwurst do you buy? I like boars head brand. But I don't have a scale at home and now wondering how I can measure small amount?

Comment

• I just buy our grocery's store brand, Jones Dairy Farm Braunschweiger. It is NOT primal (nitrites, etc) but for LIVERWURST, I am willing to make an exception. It comes sliced, from a 3" diameter link, sliced about 1/4" thin. One slice, at about .80z, is 60 calories, 45 from fat, 13 from fat, 2 from carb.

If you have your deli measure/look at the label to see how many ounces your big piece is, and just divide it into 1oz portions, you would have about 75 calories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        I just buy our grocery's store brand, Jones Dairy Farm Braunschweiger. It is NOT primal (nitrites, etc) but for LIVERWURST, I am willing to make an exception. It comes sliced, from a 3" diameter link, sliced about 1/4" thin. One slice, at about .80z, is 60 calories, 45 from fat, 13 from fat, 2 from carb.

If you have your deli measure/look at the label to see how many ounces your big piece is, and just divide it into 1oz portions, you would have about 75 calories.
        I will try this. I'm afraid I would not able stop eating just 1 oz. Tomorrow I'm going to German market to get some good meats and headcheese.

Comment

• Mark's Daily Apple
          I've made MDA chicken liver pate twice and it's delicious, keeps for about a week.
          Veronica
          High weight: 263.8 lbs
          Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
          ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
          Current weight: 177.6 lbs
          Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• I buy liverwurst from Wellness Beef that's from grass-fed, grass-finished animals--and is the best liverwurst I've ever eaten. I great way to get in organ meats, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
              We gotta be careful that we don't lose sight of what the primal blueprint has taught us, Pre package may be convienient for a dd but not the healthiest option.
              Of course! It's just often the most balanced meal that I can get for the calories. Like I said, it's not the most bang for your calorie bucks (straight veggies), but it is somewhat filling and has a good mix of protein, carbs, and veggies. I've eaten an entire 12oz bag of salad on my down days before. It's a filling meal, but it leaves me feeling a little empty.

Comment

• Blah woke up feeling awful this morning , tmi but thought I was gonna die on the toilet! Blah! DD for me, and I've got a very messy house so I hope cleaning it will keep me busy till I can eat at 5:30. Hope everyone has a successful day!
                Veronica
                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Just got back from my 2 mile walk and it's sooo nice outside-finally some good weather! Another ud over here and not feeling hungry at all so no food so far. Contemplating moving tomorrow's scheduled dd to today because it would probably be an easy one. We'll see how it goes!
                  *Sara*

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy Hippo
                    I'm ready to post my April results. DD means on DD morning, UD weight is on UD morning.

DD UD Walk, miles

4/1 204.2 Gym, walk 2
                    4/2 202.4 Walk 4
                    4/3 202.6 Walk 2
                    4/4 200.6 Gym, walk 2
                    4/5 200.7 walk 4
                    4/6 198.6 Walk 4
                    4/7 200.2 Walk 4
                    4/8 199.1 Gym, walk 2
                    4/9 199.7 Walk 4
                    4/10 198.3 1/2gym, ankle
                    4/11 201.1 Walk 2
                    4/12 199.6 TOM, walk 2
                    4/13 200 Walk4
                    4/14 196.6 Walk 5
                    4/15 198.3 Gym, Walk 4
                    4/16 196 Walk 4
                    4/17 198.3 Gym, walk 4
                    4/18 196.4 Walk 4
                    4/19 196.6 Gym, hungry, headache
                    4/20 194.4 Walk 4
                    4/21 195.6 Walk 4
                    4/22 194.8 Gym, walk 4
                    4/23 196.5 Walk 4
                    4/24 194.8 Gym 0
                    4/25 196.1 Walk 4
                    4/26 195.3 Gym, walk 4 , sushi
                    4/27 197.3 Walk 4
                    4/28 197 Walk 2
                    4/29 197.9 Gym
                    4/30 196.6 Walk 4
                    5/1 195.1
                    Nice!
                    *Sara*

Comment

• I was trying to post my April results but can't separete UD and DD. or make it bold. But really I had every other day is DD starting on April 1.

Comment

• Today is a completion of 1 week. I weighed myself and I lost 1/2 a pound. Let me tell you guys... I'm SO HAPPY!
                        I haven't seen the scale go down in FOREVER!!! i was 165.5 and today I weighed 165.0. I feel I was expecting a bigger drop because the inches on my body I CAN FEEL ARE SMALLER. wow. So, i expect the scale to drop to where my inches are very soon. I feel SO MUCH smaller in my clothes.
                        I am still having trouble figuring out my UD and DD, but I know that in time it'll just fall into place. I have MAJOR HOPE
                        for this weight-loss experiment w ADF will be a success. AH to be at 153lbs again (where I was before the Holidays and I never got rid of) will actually be OFF OF ME in time. 15 pounds would be perfect and it's not that much to lose after all. 150 is really tiny on my muscly body. But the point of me saying that was I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!

Anyways, I have a few question...

are bananas and yams ok on UD? I'm not sure if I should ditch them. I guess JUDDD can be used on SAD, so the answer is probably yes, I can have them, but I want to become a fat burning machine! I feel it happening already...

Fat burning machine suggestions... ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoga11 View Post
                          Today is a completion of 1 week. I weighed myself and I lost 1/2 a pound. Let me tell you guys... I'm SO HAPPY!
                          I haven't seen the scale go down in FOREVER!!! i was 165.5 and today I weighed 165.0. I feel I was expecting a bigger drop because the inches on my body I CAN FEEL ARE SMALLER. wow. So, i expect the scale to drop to where my inches are very soon. I feel SO MUCH smaller in my clothes.
                          I am still having trouble figuring out my UD and DD, but I know that in time it'll just fall into place. I have MAJOR HOPE
                          for this weight-loss experiment w ADF will be a success. AH to be at 153lbs again (where I was before the Holidays and I never got rid of) will actually be OFF OF ME in time. 15 pounds would be perfect and it's not that much to lose after all. 150 is really tiny on my muscly body. But the point of me saying that was I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!

Anyways, I have a few question...

are bananas and yams ok on UD? I'm not sure if I should ditch them. I guess JUDDD can be used on SAD, so the answer is probably yes, I can have them, but I want to become a fat burning machine! I feel it happening already...

Fat burning machine suggestions... ??
                          Congrats on the great start!

I eat a banana on some of my uds- use them to make those amazing banana/egg pancakes that are posted in the recipe section. I'm not in weight loss mode anymore, but am maintaining nicely, even with the occasional banana
                          I've never had a yam, how sad is that lol.
                          *Sara*

Comment

• Well, I had totally forgotten that we're meetng a group of people at pizza hut for supper tonight, before my dds musical ugh. So ud it is! I just spent some time on their website and their naked traditional wings look decent-I can get 5 of them with a small side of ranch dressing for 340ish calories and almost no carbs/sugar. And their on deal today, so the cost would be $3 I'll also eat something before we go, so I'm not tempted to grab a breadstick.
                            *Sara*

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy Hippo View Post
                              Sabine what kind of Liverwurst do you buy? I like boars head brand. But I don't have a scale at home and now wondering how I can measure small amount?
                              You can buy a portable scale on Amazon for just $8 (free shipping if you have amazon prime). I have this one. Amazon.com: American Weigh Signature Series Black Digital Pocket Scale, 1000 by 0.1 grams: Kitchen & Dining

When I was counting and weighing everything, I carried it around in my bag.

My journal

Comment

• [QUOTE=serenity;1177894]You can buy a portable scale on Amazon for just $8 (free shipping if you have amazon prime).

Thank you. I didn't even realized its was so cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X