No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! An UD, I can eat!!!! The scale was quite generous today another 4.9 drop. For a total of 9.9 lbs since I started this on Wednesday. WOW!

Comment

• Just tried datk chocolate for the first time, wow-that's intense lol. I got Lindt 85% and had 1/2 of a square, so it was only 29 calories. I think it would taste better with a handful of almonds, or fresh berries
      *Sara*

Comment

• Originally posted by Jezzebelle View Post
        Yay! An UD, I can eat!!!! The scale was quite generous today another 4.9 drop. For a total of 9.9 lbs since I started this on Wednesday. WOW!
        Congrats! That's awesome!
        Veronica
        High weight: 263.8 lbs
        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
          Just tried datk chocolate for the first time, wow-that's intense lol. I got Lindt 85% and had 1/2 of a square, so it was only 29 calories. I think it would taste better with a handful of almonds, or fresh berries
          Maybe try 70 % next time!
          Veronica

Comment

• Glad it's going so well Sabine!

Just had breakfast so I'm nice and full, sigh i think Im Over achieving with my menu today, lots of cooking but I tend to want to eat new and exciting things on my ud to make it count! At least the pot roast will be in the crockpot, but I still have to brown it first and prep the veg, bake the squash and make the mash, and make the stir fry. Ill probably feel stuck in the kitchen all day but I'm sure it'll be worth it!
            Veronica

Comment

• Here's what happened to me. It got to the point where my weight loss stalled. I was barely losing back down to my lowest weight on my down days. Perhaps I was eating too much of the wrong carbs on my up days, even though I was carefully tracking my intake. I probably will explore this in the future.

Right now I'm on the crazy steak-and-eggs bodybuilder thread, eating beef and eggs twice a day. My weight is down from 147 on Sunday to 143.6 (yay!) this morning, even though Sunday I wasn't 100% with it (it was supposed to start Monday and Sunday I was trying to use up fruit and vegetables in the house) and both days I felt like I had eaten way too much food.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                Back to 211.4 after my dd,I think instead of having an ud Saturday and a moderate day on Sunday I should have had two moderate days of 1300 cals each. Ill try that this weekend and report the results.

I'm pretty sure I didn't conceive this month so ill have at least another month of ADF and hope I can lose another 5-10 lbs. I can't say I enjoy ADF but I do enjoy the results, and most days it's easy. But when you have a rough dd it can seem daunting to continue.

Very much looking forward to my up day, chorizo and goat cheese omelet, bacon kimchi stir fry, pot roast and mashed butternut squash topped with bacon, and various snacks. Yippee!!!!
                Thats so great it went back down after one day. JUDDD is awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  Here's what happened to me. It got to the point where my weight loss stalled. I was barely losing back down to my lowest weight on my down days. Perhaps I was eating too much of the wrong carbs on my up days, even though I was carefully tracking my intake. I probably will explore this in the future.

Right now I'm on the crazy steak-and-eggs bodybuilder thread, eating beef and eggs twice a day. My weight is down from 147 on Sunday to 143.6 (yay!) this morning, even though Sunday I wasn't 100% with it (it was supposed to start Monday and Sunday I was trying to use up fruit and vegetables in the house) and both days I felt like I had eaten way too much food.
                  ooo congrats! what do u think the shift is coming from? more animal fat?

I have to say I feel like I'm really jolting my metabolic rate doing JUDDD. My body should be able to take in a lot of calories and little. not just get use to a little.. then I can barely eat any calories to lose weight. I'm really liking JUDDD!

Comment

• Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
                    Had a solid dd yesterday and stayed on track, yay! This morning's weigh in was 128, which is right in the middle of my maintenance range. Really happy about that, after my indulgent weekend
                    woohoo! great job! are you staying all Primal?! what is it now 4 days primal??

I can't wait to weigh in on Thursday! 1 full week of JUDDD
                    Last edited by Yoga11; 04-30-2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Sabine, I might have to try your fat fast down day!

Originally posted by Jezzebelle View Post
                      Yay! An UD, I can eat!!!! The scale was quite generous today another 4.9 drop. For a total of 9.9 lbs since I started this on Wednesday. WOW!
                      That is amazingly fantastic!!! Congrats!

Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
                      Just tried datk chocolate for the first time, wow-that's intense lol. I got Lindt 85% and had 1/2 of a square, so it was only 29 calories. I think it would taste better with a handful of almonds, or fresh berries
                      I get the Lindt 90% which is REALLY intense, lol. I've actually developed a taste for it and find the other stuff too sweet now. Never in a million years thought I'd ever say that!

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                      I perused that thread yesterday and may eventually try that as I LOVE steak and eggs, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                      My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• How did you get multiple quotes on a page? I always end up having 3 posts in a row.. that way seems much easier

and congrats Jezzebelle!

Comment

• I've been doing ADF for 48 days now. I'm down 24lbs. It's really a lot easier than I had ever expected. I think I'll probably keep fasting at least once a week even after I hit my goal. Of course, I have 80lbs more to go, so that will be awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by FarmerPete View Post
                            I've been doing ADF for 48 days now. I'm down 24lbs. It's really a lot easier than I had ever expected. I think I'll probably keep fasting at least once a week even after I hit my goal. Of course, I have 80lbs more to go, so that will be awhile.
                            That's amazing! Keep it up!
                            Veronica

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                              That's amazing! Keep it up!
                              Thanks everyone. Think I made a mistake having almost 600 calories for breakfast. My belly isn't too pleased at the moment. Lol. Ended up having 1 avacado, 3 eggs, and a cup of broccoli. Still have under 1200 to get in to reach my 1796... My current thought is eww! It's funny down days I can't wait til it's an up day then after an up day it's like yay a down day, my belly can rest. Lmao

Comment

• Naturally we are programmed to overeat, since generally food wasn't always as readily available as it is now. Even fasting two days out of the week will create a large calorie deficit, and cause us to use some of what our body has stored.

Comment

Working...
                                X