No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH HELLO RED DEATH! And 5 lbs of freaking water weight. Alright, I'm done weighing until this is over. It's just going to irritate me. Stupid. LAST red death I actually LOST weight. Back to normal, then. I really need to get things done around here today, but I'm stuck in this chair with a heating pad with the cramps that came from the bowels of HELL. I hate this shit. You either have periods, are pregnant, or go through death of menopause or you ARE dead. Such is a woman's life.

Sorry to gripe, ladies, but it's just one of those days.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Gladmorning : Dandelion root tea will help you to get rid of water weight on TOM days.

Comment

• I decided I needed a "refeed" as I'd been feeling a bit depleted, so I did 4 ud in a row. Since I didn't have much to lose, it made sense to me that ADF was only going to be a few weeks for me.

I ate to satiety, but I noticed only two of the four days were close to my supposed maintenance calories. The other two days were around 1000 calories.

I had been maintaining my measurements for the last 2 weeks, but felt lighter this morning, so I measured & found I had lost another 1/2 inch on waist & hips!

Bowing out of this thread, since I am pretty much at my goal. I really like calorie cycling and will continue to do this, albeit in a more intuitive way.

ADF has been really helpful and I notice that my appetite seem more in tune with what my body needs. I ate eggs & bacon yesterday morning at 9 am, had an active day and wasn't hungry at all until 6pm. That rocks!

Thanks so much for all the support!
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Whats ADF?

Comment

• ADF is alternate day fasting. There are a number of us doing ADF, but in different ways. I'm alternating an UP day of normal eating with a "fasting" day of eating around 500 calories. The theory is based on the Dr. Johnson's JUDDD diet (they have a website) and numerous other fasting websites. It's pretty interesting and it seems to be working for almost everyone who participates in this thread.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
            My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Verrrrrry interesting. I've been Primal for 4 months now and have been puzzled and curious why there are some days that I'm not really hungry and don't eat very much. Thanks for the tip to google JUDDD, will check it out now.
              I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

Comment

• Originally posted by MaryIM View Post
                Verrrrrry interesting. I've been Primal for 4 months now and have been puzzled and curious why there are some days that I'm not really hungry and don't eat very much. Thanks for the tip to google JUDDD, will check it out now.
                I went from a size 14 jean last fall, to a size 4 now, thanks to JUDDD. It's pretty awesome
                *Sara*

Comment

• And I was just reflecting further this morning how much I've changed mentally just in the 3 weeks I've been doing JUDDD...it's sort of remarkable...and the loss of 6+ pounds in 3 weeks is also very encouraging.

Comment

• I was ready to throw my scale out the window yesterday! I think I'm done weighing on up days. Today I weighed 212.8 but I had to keep checking and I stepped on the scale three times and got the same weight. The 4th time I stepped on it it said 213.6, then stepped on it 4 more times and got that same number. Idk if its time for a new scale. The weight it gives me can vary up to 2 lbs at times! I always take the higher weight it gives me as my weight though.

So anyways if I'm 213.6 that means that so far for the week I'm down 2.2 lbs, which would be great but i weigh on Thursday so idk what the next 2 days will bring. I'm rock steady, I don't cheat on my ud's or dd's so I just gotta keep doing what I'm doing and hope that it's my scale being wonky (yesterday it said I was 216!) and not ADF that's not working.
                    Veronica
                    High weight: 263.8 lbs
                    Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                    ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                    Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                    Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                      I was ready to throw my scale out the window yesterday! I think I'm done weighing on up days. Today I weighed 212.8 but I had to keep checking and I stepped on the scale three times and got the same weight. The 4th time I stepped on it it said 213.6, then stepped on it 4 more times and got that same number. Idk if its time for a new scale. The weight it gives me can vary up to 2 lbs at times! I always take the higher weight it gives me as my weight though.

So anyways if I'm 213.6 that means that so far for the week I'm down 2.2 lbs, which would be great but i weigh on Thursday so idk what the next 2 days will bring. I'm rock steady, I don't cheat on my ud's or dd's so I just gotta keep doing what I'm doing and hope that it's my scale being wonky (yesterday it said I was 216!) and not ADF that's not working.
                      Have you changed the batteries in your scale? Mine started acting up but after I changed the battery it started giving me consisten readings again
                      *Sara*

Comment

• I was getting used to eating two 900 calorie meals. I just did 2 down days in a row, and today I am going to absolutely stuff myself. My goal is to eat the same number of calories on average per day. That gives me 2500 calories today.

Comment

• Well yesterday I woke up with a general sense of well being and today I have a renewed interest in changing how I think about food and why I'm doing ADF in the first place. The general sense of well being I credit to eating this way, and the other, well, I started actually READING the JUDDD book last night, lol. I recognized some of the "other" health benefits in the pages that I read last night because I've been feeling better in general lately, and suddenly I got "convicted" to really "do" the diet. One of my main goals has been to reduce inflamation. I have a history of a pre-cancerous tumor which was removed a few years ago, and the recent biopsies of the area have shown that the cells are abnormal again, but not quite precancer...so my goal is to reduce inflamation.

So, today is a down day and I'm embracing it, lol. If I eat as planned my calories will be right back down where they should be at 500 calories.

Comment

• Sending good vibes your way 252.

Still staying away from the scale. Last night was horrible. I wound up having about 3/4 cup of ice cream. About 10 min after I ate it, I broke out in an itchy rash. What the hell? Unrelated? What could be in the icecream to cause that?

Today I am bloated, crampy and miserable. I have been doing some reevaluating myself. I have become some what.... Lax in my primal living. I need to tighten up the reins and get back it to %100. Getting into ADF has made me concentrate too much on my weight loss and less on why I changed to primal in the first place.

The back of my mind is still obsessing over pizza and sweet. I am not sure where this is coming from. Is it all because of TOM? Why else would this be going on so viciously that I cannot squelch it? The thought trailed through my mind today that I should just go ahead and have the binge, because if I don't I'll just continue to think about it...... NO! I am fighting with every ounce of my will to get passed this, but it is getting really, really hard. Really, this makes me realize that I am not completely healed of my bad habits from before primal. This last three weeks or so of smooth sailing has come to a halt, and I am fighting old demons again. Mostly because I have gotten lazy! I need a reboot.
                            The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Well, I can say from personal experience that my TOM was insanely craze inducing. I don't have them anymore, but honestly my whole personality changed at TOM and I really did have a tough time mentally in a lot of areas. Edited to add: sending those good vibes your way as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                                Sending good vibes your way 252.

Still staying away from the scale. Last night was horrible. I wound up having about 3/4 cup of ice cream. About 10 min after I ate it, I broke out in an itchy rash. What the hell? Unrelated? What could be in the icecream to cause that?

Today I am bloated, crampy and miserable. I have been doing some reevaluating myself. I have become some what.... Lax in my primal living. I need to tighten up the reins and get back it to %100. Getting into ADF has made me concentrate too much on my weight loss and less on why I changed to primal in the first place.

The back of my mind is still obsessing over pizza and sweet. I am not sure where this is coming from. Is it all because of TOM? Why else would this be going on so viciously that I cannot squelch it? The thought trailed through my mind today that I should just go ahead and have the binge, because if I don't I'll just continue to think about it...... NO! I am fighting with every ounce of my will to get passed this, but it is getting really, reallyhard. Really, this makes me realize that I am not completely healed of my bad habits from before primal. This last three weeks or so of smooth sailing has come to a halt, and I am fighting old demons again. Mostly because I have gotten lazy! I need a reboot.
                                Have you done the potato hack yet? It works wonders for me, to get rid of suga cravings etc. It's my reboot I'm doing a three day one right now to get my maintenance range a bit lower, and to also prepare me for the primal plunge It's also tom over here and.the potato hack totally eliminates cravings. I went to the store last night to buy more potatoes and there was NO temptation to grab a sweet treat. Walked out with my potatoes, feeling great!

I also have been doing some evaluating of my diet and have decided to fully jump into primal eating, starting on May 1st, and giving myself three months to totally make the transition from a SAD diet, to a fully primal one. I really think 5:2 IF+primal eating+strength training and walking may be the perfect combination for me, for weight maintenance and optimal health. I have a big family tree of cancers, diabetes and other ailments. I want to stack the odds in my favor as much as possible! Yesterday I saw my next door neighbor for the first time since she's had her masectomy. We're both in our 30's-now that's a reality check.
                                Last edited by mom23kids; 04-23-2013, 08:50 AM.
                                *Sara*

Comment

Working...
                                X