No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also doing every other day rotation, but I have been thinking eventually I would do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and I think I'd do exactly what you said...just the average of the two.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Eating a LOT today. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage for breakfast, cashews in between. Had a brat with some cheese and (yikes) kettle cooked tater chips and getting ready to dinner of bacon and eggs again. Still craving the breakfast foods! I wanted to make potatoes, but I am resisting. I finally calculated my numbers on JUDDD. Mine are approx 2800 on UD and 571 on DD. Well, i don't count, and I'm not going to but it was fun to see what they thought I should be eating.
      The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Kicking through a plateau this week by trying ADE. Today is my first ever fast of this length, though I've done several 20-24 hour fasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacobhrobertson View Post
          Kicking through a plateau this week by trying ADE. Today is my first ever fast of this length, though I've done several 20-24 hour fasts.
          A few people have done a complete fast on the down days. Most of us just attempt to eat the number of calories indicated on the JUDDD site calculator. A full fast is not required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leaflard View Post
            Also, what do those of you who have chosen set UDs and DDs do on that extra day?

For example, I am going to have Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday be DDs, and Monday, Wed and Friday be UDs. That leaves pesky Sunday. My instinct is to simply do a moderate day that represents the average caloric intake between an UD and a DD which would be 1250 calories. Does that make sense? What do y'all do?
            good question , i do every other day now but i was thinking of having my dd's be MWF and up days be TuThSa & Sun but i wondered how many calories i should eat sunday since saturday is an ud,...... i was thinking about 1285 as well. i just want to relax and have fun on the weekends , not be grouchy cause im hungry!

speaking of over achieving for food on an up day.......i think i went overboard! making bbq ribs and cole slaw which doesn't seem like a big deal. till i realize i have to make the bbq sauce from scratch so it doesn't have HFCS or sugar junk. and then i had to make mayo from scratch for the cole saw because regular mayo is made with crap canola oil. i made the bbq sauce last night but everything else today, too much! but hey now at least i have bbq sauce and mayo in the fridge for the next month!
            Veronica
            High weight: 263.8 lbs
            Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
            ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
            Current weight: 177.6 lbs
            Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post

speaking of over achieving for food on an up day.......i think i went overboard! making bbq ribs and cole slaw which doesn't seem like a big deal. till i realize i have to make the bbq sauce from scratch so it doesn't have HFCS or sugar junk. and then i had to make mayo from scratch for the cole saw because regular mayo is made with crap canola oil. i made the bbq sauce last night but everything else today, too much! but hey now at least i have bbq sauce and mayo in the fridge for the next month!
              Can you share your bbq sauce? Was it sweet? Spicy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                Can you share your bbq sauce? Was it sweet? Spicy?
                It's sweet and tangy, The Best Homemade Healthy BBQ Sauce | Primally Inspired I balked at the amount of honey but like she says this makes a TON of sauce and you only use a couple tbsp at a time. I calculated on MFP and per 2 tbsp came up with 43 calories, 0.7 g fat, 9.2 carbs. Also I accidentally used maple syrup instead of molasses but still turned out great. Enjoy!

I put half of it in cleaned out empty bottles of maple syrup and gave one to my friend and my mom both are primal as well. I still have a Tupperware full for my house!
                Last edited by vlo1125; 04-17-2013, 04:30 PM.
                Veronica

Comment

It's sweet and tangy, The Best Homemade Healthy BBQ Sauce | Primally Inspired I balked at the amount of honey but like she says this makes a TON of sauce and you only use a couple tbsp at a time. I calculated on MFP and per 2 tbsp came up with 43 calories, 0.7 g fat, 9.2 carbs. Also I accidentally used maple syrup instead of molasses but still turned out great. Enjoy!

I put half of it in cleaned out empty bottles of maple syrup and gave one to my friend and my mom both are primal as well. I still have a Tupperware full for my house!

Excellent. Exactly what I'm looking for! Kisses!

Comment

• Holy hell! This was amaze balls! Highly recommend the bbq sauce and the cole slaw recipe Husband-Approved Cole Slaw | Joyful Abode
                    Veronica

Comment

• I used to make cole slaw by sprinkling salt and sugar (one could no doubt use some other natural sweetener) over the shredded cabbage and leaving it for an hour or so until it had given up its extra water, then discard the water and dress it with some olive oil.

Comment

Holy hell! This was amaze balls! Highly recommend the bbq sauce and the cole slaw recipe Husband-Approved Cole Slaw | Joyful Abode
                        Nice! Summer is coming and I love this kind of comfort food for that time of year. Both have been safely bookmarked, thank you.

Comment

• Welcome Jacob and banu!
                          Veronica

Comment

• Banu's a spambot.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              Banu's a spambot.
                              Lol!

Just had 4 squares of 85% dark chocolate , I had a day filled with awesome food. kinda sad tomorrow is a dd but that makes me appreciate the UD's so much more. Good night people!
                              Veronica

Comment

• It's my two week weigh in so I'm 215.8,that's a 2.2lb loss for the week. My total loss since starting ADF is 10.2 lbs!

Woulda been lower but I am up .6 cause yesterday was an up day but that's to be expected. Can't wait to see what week #3 brings! Ok another dd where I have nothing to keep me busy, wish me luck!
                                Veronica

Comment

Working...
                                X