Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Side note: has anyone recalculated since they drops some weight? The juuddd calculator is now telling me a dd is 419 cals and an ud is 2093. However I'm gonna stick to 500 dd and then to 2012 cals instead.
    On the JUDDD thread at lowcarbfriends, the general consensus is NOT to recalculate unless you stop losing weight(for at least three weeks). Then try the new lower totals, OR try UPPING your Up Day calories. Strange, but more food on the Up Day (and hence a greater variation in Up and Down Day totals) seems to get some people going again on weight loss after a stall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
      Yay! That's great progress. Do you think it's only from ADF, or have you made other simultaneous changes?
      Just ADF. I don't have a car and live in a city, so I do run most of my daily errands on foot, though.
      Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Question:
        I usually eat around 1500 calories

How do you know what you should have on an UP day vs a down day?

what are the common ratios for IF ? carbs/fat/protein

I'm usually around 65-70 fat/ 5-10 carbs/ 25 protein

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoga11 View Post
          Question:
          I usually eat around 1500 calories

How do you know what you should have on an UP day vs a down day?

what are the common ratios for IF ? carbs/fat/protein

I'm usually around 65-70 fat/ 5-10 carbs/ 25 protein
          Use the calculator here.

You can do low carb if you want, but it is not necessary.

Come on, breathe. Nice, slow deep breath. Let it out. That's right.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            Use the calculator here.

You can do low carb if you want, but it is not necessary.

Come on, breathe. Nice, slow deep breath. Let it out. That's right.

did you just say I don't have to do such low carb??!! I COULD KISS YOU!! haha
            I ate a yam the other day and upped my carbs to 45 a day and i felt SO much better then at 20 carbs a day.
            I didn't lose weight on 20carbs a day either. thanks for the LINK!
            up: 2100 down: 425
            Last edited by Yoga11; 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Hi Yoga11, welcome! Yes, I used the calculator from the link that eKatherine posted. It gave me a ballpark figure to work with. I tend to eat slightly over the down day calories, most down days, but I can't seem to eat all the up day calories they recommend. We have quite a few people posting on this thread, and each of us is doing this in a slightly different way, lol. I'm sticking mostly to primal low carb, but I am less strict on my down days with that. Up days are mostly primal low carb high fat (which may be why I'm not so hungry on my up days).

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
              My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                Hi Yoga11, welcome! Yes, I used the calculator from the link that eKatherine posted. It gave me a ballpark figure to work with. I tend to eat slightly over the down day calories, most down days, but I can't seem to eat all the up day calories they recommend. We have quite a few people posting on this thread, and each of us is doing this in a slightly different way, lol. I'm sticking mostly to primal low carb, but I am less strict on my down days with that. Up days are mostly primal low carb high fat (which may be why I'm not so hungry on my up days).
                Oh, gotcha~ ok, I guess it's really just not ONE way. just what works for you.

So, up and down days is just another way. Eating window is another way, that can also be added in with the un&down days.

with the "eating window" way... how do you know what calories you should be eating IF you are NOT also adding in the Up and Down

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoga11 View Post
                  Oh, gotcha~ ok, I guess it's really just not ONE way. just what works for you.

So, up and down days is just another way. Eating window is another way, that can also be added in with the un&down days.

with the "eating window" way... how do you know what calories you should be eating IF you are NOT also adding in the Up and Down
                  That's a bit off-topic here, but I will answer anyway! You eat to satiation with the "eating window" type of IF.

Best to ask those types of questions in the IF thread you started ...
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    On the JUDDD thread at lowcarbfriends, the general consensus is NOT to recalculate unless you stop losing weight(for at least three weeks). Then try the new lower totals, OR try UPPING your Up Day calories. Strange, but more food on the Up Day (and hence a greater variation in Up and Down Day totals) seems to get some people going again on weight loss after a stall.
                    if it aint broke dont fix it! got it! didnt want to lower my cals anyways lol!

yoga~welcome! i eat 65% fat/25 %protein/ 10 %carb always ,be it up day or down day. thats the beauty of it nothing has to change except one day is low calorie, one day is high calorie.

252dip~ an easy way to make it to your ud cals would be adding an extra tbsp of butter to something or more cream in your coffee, i always find planning my meal the day ahead and totaling it on myfitness pal helps too. though i have the opposite problem i could easily over eat on an ud!

of course right as im taking my daughter to pre-k a hail storm starts, i got soaked from head to toe and couldnt walk the track at the gym because my shoes felt like giant sponges! got home into time to change to something dry scarf down lunch and now im headed back out the door to go pick her up. crap day!
                    Veronica
                    High weight: 263.8 lbs
                    Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                    ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                    Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                    Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      That's a bit off-topic here, but I will answer anyway! You eat to satiation with the "eating window" type of IF.

Best to ask those types of questions in the IF thread you started ...

Well, I know that it's best to ask those question in the other thread, but why not ask? aren't we all just trying to get along?

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        The calorie difference as you lose weight is tiny, probably less than measuring error for the foods you eat. Really, reducing your DD food by 1-2 calories a day is not significant.

Originally posted by Yoga11 View Post
                        did you just say I don't have to do such low carb??!! I COULD KISS YOU!! haha
                        I ate a yam the other day and upped my carbs to 45 a day and i felt SO much better then at 20 carbs a day.
                        I didn't lose weight on 20carbs a day either. thanks for the LINK!
                        up: 2100 down: 425
                        Yeah, do what feels right. I am eating potatoes only on my DD, with a HFLC lunch and a high carb supper on my up day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                          Leaflard, if you're like me, you'll get a bit frustrated because on my up days I am not hungry enough to eat all that stuff I dreamt about, lol.
                          LOL! I was thinking about this on the way home from CrossFit today when I hadn't had anything to eat yet! I was thinking, heck, it's already noon and I haven't eaten yet and am not hungry...then I got home and fired up the stove and stuffed myself with eggs and skirt steak, potatoes in bacon fat and kale. Thing is, now I'm so full and I have soccer tonight, I don't know how I'll get in the remaining 1k calories unless I make fat bombs!

Comment

• Also, what do those of you who have chosen set UDs and DDs do on that extra day?

For example, I am going to have Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday be DDs, and Monday, Wed and Friday be UDs. That leaves pesky Sunday. My instinct is to simply do a moderate day that represents the average caloric intake between an UD and a DD which would be 1250 calories. Does that make sense? What do y'all do?

Comment

• So full of energy today, maybe I'll leave work early and walk home the long way.

Comment

• I do an every other day rotation, so one week I am eating MWFU, the next week I am eating TRS. If I continue this method, I can see myself enjoying the switch to just two regular days per week, say MR, to make weekends easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X