No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wowowow! Thanks emmie! That is so helpful and inspiring. And congrats on your weight loss!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      Otzi- there IS a potato thread on the JUDDD thread of the lowcarbfriends forum!
      interesting. Thanks!
      65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by emmie View Post
        I did JUDDD for just over a year to lose my final 100 lbs. I did it because I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid with what my endo thinks is also a "genetically slow metabolism." I maintain on very low calories, and need to be even lower (<1000) to lose. That was difficult on a daily basis, but the alternate days worked well. I ate 400 DDs and 1400 UDs to start, and later went to 350 DDs (according to the JUDDD calculator).

Even now when I find my weight creeping up a couple of pounds, I'll do at least 2 DDs a week to get things back under control.

In maintenance, I cycle calories more informally, but I still find it helps.
        Thanks for sharing. I dont know what I need to do. I am supposedly not pre-menie, and had thyroid checked a few weeks ago, and supposedly it is okay. Low cal, low carb, low fat, high fat (not necessarily all at the same time) calorie/carb cycling, but I just cant find my groove back.

I thought maybe I was too low in calories, so tried going up a little since about the first of the year, but still under BMR but gained about 10lb. So I started doing tators yesterday, but then I have dinner (fish and salad) But I could see doing it every other day, tators for a DD. I just really hated the thought that I needed to go under 1200 to lose. But maybe that was the trouble and 1200-1300 was too high instead of being too low. ugghhh I just really don't know. I just know I have ended up with about an 8lbs loss in a year of primal. An entire year.

Anyways, good read, enjoying the info. Something for me to think about. Thanks

Oh I noticed the resveratrol. I have some, maybe I should get back into that habit.

Comment

Emmie- It is great to hear from someone who has done this long-term and had success with it. Do you have a journal, where we could read the details? Were you primal during your JUDDD loss?

Comment

Emmie- It is great to hear from someone who has done this long-term and had success with it. Do you have a journal, where we could read the details? Were you primal during your JUDDD loss?
            Here is a Success Story from a guy who had great long-term success doing alternate-day fasting, by-the-book but also in more and less strict versions at times. And anyway it's a really good read if you haven't seen it before.

100 Days of Change – My Transformation Story | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple
            Last edited by sjmc; 03-26-2013, 04:43 AM. Reason: um you might want the actual link too haha

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I wonder if I could construct the carnivorous version of this plan.
              This is basically what I'm doing. Not per se because I wanted to, but because it seems that animal products are about all my body can tolerate well. It's a work in progress (and your sharing of details has really helped the journey - thanks).
              -- Ruth

Comment

Just started 2 weeks ago and the initial results are promising (though whether the trend continues or not, that is the key). While I don't love the structure of this, I'm already noticing many non-scale benefits -- including remembering what true hunger feels like. Having been overweight for over 30 years, I don't recognize or react to body signals (though it is certainly getting better after a few years of Paleo/Primal).

I'm doing JUDDD in combo with Primal (primal only because I eat butter), VLC, moderate protein, and fat as my lever (high on my up days, more moderate on my down days), and predominantly animal foods.
                -- Ruth

Comment

Thanks for the link, Sjmc. I read that story when it came out, but had completely forgotten that he did ADF.

Today I am hoping for another energy-filled Down Day. I was really feeling the energy surge last time.

Comment

Thanks for the link, Sjmc. I read that story when it came out, but had completely forgotten that he did ADF.
                    I read it too, but I read things like that and it doesn't register, or I don't think it applies so it just doesnt really sink in. Therefore I am just amazed when ppl can remember and post things like that So I enjoyed re-reading, picking up some new things.

Enjoyed that other forum also, though I only read through the tator part so far.

Comment

I am getting some good stuff out of the lowcarbfriends forum, but I found the calorie counting and junk food eating a little off-putting, so I thought a JUDDD thread here amongst the primal folk might help to balance that.

Comment

there are several low-carb boards i visit, since that 's what brought me to primal, and YES! the crystal light and daily pepperoni is gross.

today will be a dd for me and although i am feeling kinda hungry, (dinner was 16 hours ago), i think i'll run errands before coming home to broth and some eggs. feel fine.
                        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

today is a dd for me as well. I think so far that my hunger is more mental than physical. It doesn't help that I got a lousy sleep last night.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Jumping in. Yesterday was my first DD and today is my first official UP. Tracking in MFP because I CAN NOT just estimate and wing it. If I could I would not need to lose weight. You can friend me to see my food journal.
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

I've been interested in this way of eating but I've never tried it. I think I'm going to jump on board and give it a shot. I have a ton of food to eat up in the fridge from a cooking binge this weekend so it'll be a few days before starting though.

Comment

lol, don't know what i was thinking!!! am braising some meat right now, and the goodness of its beefy aroma is making me salivate like crazy!!!

i guess i'll just not eat at all til the 24-hour mark, having skipped out on the eggs and broth already.
                                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                                X