No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potatoes didn't have a massive effect on my weight. Only up .2 of a pound.
    I know it's not what you meant, but:

What if we combine all of these fads into one? A warrior potato leptin iodine up-day/down-day cold-thermogenesis leave-a-bite-on-the-plate vote-for-moderate-candidate non-gmo single-farm-sourced fair-trade-certified locally-grown leangains bulletproof intermittent fast? Let's all try it together and see who gets the hungriest the fastest and who gains how much weight back! Come on everyone, it will be so much fun!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      I know it's not what you meant, but:

What if we combine all of these fads into one? A warrior potato leptin iodine up-day/down-day cold-thermogenesis leave-a-bite-on-the-plate vote-for-moderate-candidate non-gmo single-farm-sourced fair-trade-certified locally-grown leangains bulletproof intermittent fast? Let's all try it together and see who gets the hungriest the fastest and who gains how much weight back! Come on everyone, it will be so much fun!
      Those are the ones I've got covered! Anyone up for the others?

Comment

• I would love to have my DD on Mon, Wed, Fri. But this is same days that I have class in gym. For last 2 weeks I just walk 2 -4 miles on my DD and it's was fine. Did anybody tried heavy exercise , weights on DD?

Comment

• Lol-lets see, I'd be a JUDDD with with eeevil SAD, random egg and meat fasting just for kicks, 5:2 for maintenance, modifed 5:2 because my body.did'nt get the memo to stop losing weight, potato hacking, primal virgin super girl But no out of control hunger, I've lost over 40 pounds, and I'm now maintaining effortlessly. Actually hit a new low today of 129.5lbs and bought my first ever size 4 jeans yesterday (started at a size 14). So, my body seems to like the wackiness
          *Sara*

Comment

• I feel like I'm ready to try this. I haven't eaten yet. If I go through with it, this will be a down day.

Comment

• I'm still feeling good....think I'll make it until dinner. For dinner I'm planning chicken liver and mushrooms...haven't plugged that into MFP yet to see about calories, but it sounds good so I may just have to play with the amounts until it fits lol. May also have a green shake or pulverize my greens and make a soup.

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
              What if we combine all of these fads into one?
              Ooooh I think I've got most of those...haven't tried the potato diet yet...doubt my three one-bite potatoes a couple of days last week count for that. I'll try harder, promise!

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              I feel like I'm ready to try this. I haven't eaten yet. If I go through with it, this will be a down day.
              Yay, glad you've joined us.

Originally posted by Happy Hippo View Post
              Did anybody tried heavy exercise , weights on DD?
              Not me, course I'm coming from being almost completely unfit, so I'm just doing mostly body weight.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
              My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                I'm still feeling good....think I'll make it until dinner. For dinner I'm planning chicken liver and mushrooms...haven't plugged that into MFP yet to see about calories, but it sounds good so I may just have to play with the amounts until it fits lol. May also have a green shake or pulverize my greens and make a soup.

Ooooh I think I've got most of those...haven't tried the potato diet yet...doubt my three one-bite potatoes a couple of days last week count for that. I'll try harder, promise!

Yay, glad you've joined us.

Not me, course I'm coming from being almost completely unfit, so I'm just doing mostly body weight.
                Just got done doing three potato hack days, go reset my sugar cravings, and I lost 5lbs. I also did it a couple times when I was actively losing weight and had fun with them
                *Sara*

Comment

• My dd today -- and the start of my period. So far so good and the bloat is slowly going...

Your story inspires me, mom23kids! I just might be able to get my obese sisters on board with ADF if they don't have to change their diets.
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Do you think fasting might help with feeling fatigue constantly...perhaps just start off with a morning fast and build it up to skipping breakfast/lunch?
                    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
                    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
                    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
                    GW: 130lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                      Do you think fasting might help with feeling fatigue constantly...perhaps just start off with a morning fast and build it up to skipping breakfast/lunch?
                      No, definitely not a good idea.

I recommend eating a Primal diet for at least 6 months to get your nutrient stores replete before doing any sort of fasting.

Are you eating organ meats & seafood? A lot of fatigue is due to micronutrient deficiency, dehydration, lack of salt or thyroid issues. Your previous diet would set you up for an iron deficiency, for sure. Eat some beef!
                      Last edited by Dragonfly; 04-13-2013, 11:57 AM.
                      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Feeling tired, hungry, and bored. I still have plenty of things to do on my list, just feeling cranky.

So, what better than to come on MDA and complain?!

I'm planning my meals for tomorrow, and so far I've come up with salmon and coleslaw, bratwurst and rotkohl, quiche, a chef salad. Rats. That's FOUR meals. And I didn't even put in the frosting experiment. Choices, choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                          Do you think fasting might help with feeling fatigue constantly...perhaps just start off with a morning fast and build it up to skipping breakfast/lunch?
                          Have you had your vitamin D tested? Symptoms of a deficiency include fatigue, depression and being lethargic. I'm deficient and working with my doctor to get my number in the normal range. A LOT of people are low and don't realize it. A simple blood test can tell.
                          *Sara*

Comment

• OMG, Sabine, I am not sure why but I always start planning food when I am on dd. In the Starvation Experiment that Ancel Keyes did, most of the men spent their spare time looking at cook books and magazines with recipes and pictures of food. They became absolutely obsessed. mmmm

Lizard, along with Vitamin D, and I know it is counter intuitive on a Primal diet, but have them check your iron-mine is actually low, but I am not big into organ meats, you know from animals, right?
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OHMYGOSH! Red Death must be near. Today has been the worst dd yet. So munchy. I keep taking nibbles of things. Half way through the day I contemplated making today a UD, but I fought it as much as possible. Probably nibbled my way into 500cal. A couple nuts, a couple bites of dark choc, goat milk, pepperoni.... yeesh. Talk about complete lack of will power. I haven't had a day go like this before. This is not hunger. This is pure munchie attack which I haven't suffered in over a month. Yuck. Don't expect anything from the scale tomorrow. Stupid cycle.
                              The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Okay confession time. My last DD was Thursday (today being Saturday). I was sooooo hungry I ended up eating over my calories by about 300 (I think). And it sent a chain reaction. So...I decided to just get through the weekend and start over again on Monday. I had what I thought was a 6 pound loss then a 4 lb gain and have stayed steady all week which is very frustrating. I know that the weight I am now has been my body's go to weight for close to 20 years with some movement up and down so breaking past this is hard. I am at 178 now. If I can get below 170 I believe I can start really losing again.
                                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                                height 5'3
                                SW 215 lbs
                                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                                LW 172 lbs
                                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X