No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I could send you a chunk. All I can think about right now is polishing it off. I AM going to wait until tomorrow.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• I just started intermittent fasting last Saturday with my fiance for our health, given our family histories of heart disease, cancer, etc. I am on day 6 and am blogging the experience here: Lauren Tries Out Alternate Day Fasting

So far I have found headaches on my feast days to be the biggest problem. I have done research on it and have been comparing notes with others, and it sounds like hopefully something that will go away. Ugh. Other than that, I seem to be doing a good job of getting all the nutrients I need on fast days.
      Blogging my weight loss experiment using alternate day fasting here:

http://tryingadf.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Hi girls. I'm new here. I was very impressed with results that Sabine ( i think you are my web twin - almost same age , hight,weight ) had last month so jumped right in. I was between 198 and 205 for last 6 months. Today is my 6 DD and it's really easy. My menu is simple 5 hard boiled eggs for day and salad ( tomato, cucumber, radish, or cabbage and carrots) without dressing.* Plus cup of coffee and 2 tbsp coconut milk.

Comment

• Welcome Elkay7 and Happy Hippo!

Happy, I've been trying to bring hard boiled eggs for my down work days. I brought three today...had one early, then two for lunch. For some reason they are filling...more so than scrambled, or fried. I'm still waiting for the "easy" part of down days, lol. They aren't bad, but not necessarily easy either. I've been going over my 550 JUDDD estimate, but I think I'm trying to spread things out too thin.

Saturday is my next down day and I think I'll have coffee with cream in the morning, then wait until dinner to eat all the remaining calories. We'll see.

Thanks for the link Elkay, I took a quick look, but will read more tomorrow.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
          My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Comment

• If I wait to long then I cant stop eating at all. And on DD 4 and 5 I was really bitchy, can't control my temper. Maybe because it's was Friday, Sunday and whole family was eatin all day long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
              I'm comforted to see so many of you on the same UDDD schedule as myself.
              I am really enjoying doing this with my Honey. I had a couples' lunch with him on Wednesday, and then yesterday we drank our lemon water together, then settled in for a lazy evening on the sofa, side by side. Not that we don't do stuff together, but wanting to avoid the fridge at the same time, or both be in the mood for a splendid meal on the same day--it makes it easy. He likes to go to bed early on the Down Days, so that he gets to food-time quicker, and I am always up for an early evening, so it has really worked out well. And there's someone to talk to about the details of food habits, right there, that is very enjoyable.

Hi Elkay7 and HappyHippo. It is nice to see some more people trying this out. I'm excited that someone is trying this because of what I posted, too! I'll check out your blog, Elkay. I love reading about other people's experiences with whatever I am trying.

I need to keep hard-boiled eggs in mind for when I want to eat on my Down Days. i love them with a smear of anchovy paste.

My last two Down Days have been fasting days. Well, I did have some homemade chicken broth yesterday afternoon. I guess that is SOME calories. But I do enjoy the fasting days more than the ~400K days. It is just easier for me mentally. The hunger level seems about the same, as a mini-meal of 140K just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

• Well I'm shocked that I'm another .8 lb down after my ud yesterday! 217.6 ....I'm not looking forward to when this slows down! Today is my 5th dd,plan to have my coffee and cream and then not eat till dinner. For dinner I'm keeping it simple with sautéed sausage and cabbage.

Anyone find that they a constantly hungry on an UD? Like I'm super ravenous on UD's and i could easily go over my calories if I let myself( another reason counting is so important for me).
                Veronica
                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Veronica, for me it's the opposite...I'm NOT hungry on my up days, lol. I'm finding it hard to get in all the recommended up day calories. Congratulations on your steady loss!

I'm down also this morning. I woke up yesterday and even this morning feeling kind of bloated (especially yesterday), so I was very surprised that I was down this morning. So my new low weight is 173.4, so that's 4.2 pounds in the two weeks that I've been doing ADF. Tomorrow begins my third week with ADF. I am so very happy with the results so far...as I said upthread somewhere, this is the biggest chuck of weight lost in such a short period of time for a very long time. I'm with you Veronica...not looking forward to when it slows down, lol.

Tomorrow is a down day and I'm going to try an IF. So, I'll have my usual Saturday morning coffee out with my mom, then try to have nothing until dinner. I think one reason why I'm going over my down day calories is that I'm eating too many meals. If I consolidate that down to 1 main meal and maybe ONE small snack, I should get closer to the goal. I like trying this tomorrow since my usual Saturday is kind of busy until around noon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post

Tomorrow is a down day and I'm going to try an IF. So, I'll have my usual Saturday morning coffee out with my mom, then try to have nothing until dinner. I think one reason why I'm going over my down day calories is that I'm eating too many meals. If I consolidate that down to 1 main meal and maybe ONE small snack, I should get closer to the goal. I like trying this tomorrow since my usual Saturday is kind of busy until around noon.
                    Thanks!

I've only been at this a week but I find saving all my cals till dinner to be best, it's easier to deal with the hunger all day when I know I have a nice sized dinner to look forward to!

Side note I made thisCold Sesame (Cucumber) Noodles | theclothesmakethegirl yesterday( I used almond butter instead of sun butter) and damn was it good, also half the recipe is only 160 cals so another good one for a dd along side some protein!
                    Veronica
                    High weight: 263.8 lbs
                    Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                    ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                    Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                    Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Okay, one julienne peeler on the list, lol. That looks REALLY good!

Comment

• Glad to read more posts this morning. It feels really supportive to do this alongside y'all!

Finished my dd (w tea/cream and water) yesterday, no prob, but noticed that I have a bit of difficulty sleeping on my dd's, so I may shift to one small meal in the late afternoon.

I'm going to eat to hunger today, but in my usual eating window, so I will have my last meal at 4pm or before. Eating after that really disturbs my sleep.

Measurements are the same as last week, but considering I now have my usual premenstrual bloat, I am very pleased!
                        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• At first I was finding myself hungrier on my Up Days, as if the act of eating set off my hunger mechanism. But now (a month in) I am finding I have normal hunger on Up Days.

Indeed, one of my problems is that I am not hungry enough to eat all I would like to TASTE. Let's face it, three meals of food every two days, does not allow for much scope. I am finding it is making me fussier about what I am eating. I only want to eat stuff I REALLY want. Why waste an experience on something I'm not enthusiastic about? This is making getting rid of leftovers more difficult. I need to change my cooking habits if I am going to be eating this way.

Comment

• I totally agree. I am only 2 weeks in and I am finding the same exact thing.

Saving my calories on my down days for the time of day that I really tend to look for calories (my witching hour-coming in the door from work) has really helped. As has making my dd's M-W-F and allowing the weekend for the ud's. Having an up day on a day I have to work all day is a waste, I am unlikely to cook something really good after work. Plus at work I tend to eat at my desk, what a waste of a good lunch!
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Whoop! Seem to have broken through the up-down 278-200 bounce. Down to 274 this morning. Quite the whoosh. I wrote in my journal that I had more potatoes today with my breakfast. But, I don't really care. I have lost so much weight in the last 2.5 months of primal (officially 41 lbs this morning) I could probably suit to slow down a bit. So, I will enjoy my potatoes a couple times per week, damnit! I fully expect to be a pound heavier in the morning, but, I'm just ok with that. The trend is steadily going downward, which makes me happy enough.

So, I FEEL like I've lost 40lbs... but I don't think I LOOk like I've lost it. I can definitely tell in my face and how my clothing fits, but everything else pretty much looks the same (to me.) Boyfriend says I look like I have, which should be good enough for me, I guess. I have so much to lose though, I think it will take awhile before *I* start to notice major differences in my appearance. Hard to believe just the beginning of February, I weighed a whopping 315 pounds. Oh, boy was I icky. I remember when I started my new job I was SQUEEZING into my uniform shirt, most of the time leaving the bottom button undone. We wear long aprons, so you couldn't tell. Now it fits just perfectly, and I 'spect soon it will be noticeably loose.

Seems like on ADF I really can't do anything wrong. Even if I have an off primal day, within in a few days time I'll be right back on track. Ya know, there are people out there that do this "diet" (It's a lifestyle for us) with the regular SAD. They literally eat ANYTHING on their UD and still lose weight, albeit, probably not as quickly as we are.

I am also in the "struggle to get enough calories in" on UDs camp. I usually wind up eating one meal and a snack or nibbles of food here and there. Just not hungry enough to justify making food. I also like to cut out eating about 4pm since I rise at 2am every morning. Something in my head seems to think that I need 8 hours for my body to release "things" before I can get an accurate reading on the scale. Does anyone else find it amazing that after the day is over, you can weight 5lbs more than you weighed that morning... go to sleep, wake up and weigh 1lb less than the morning before? I do. What happens to it all in our 8ish hours of rest?
                              The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• I apologize if this has already been linked...but I don't check in here very often. Interesting if you haven't checked it out.

Video: Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Michael Mosley | Watch Michael Mosley Online | PBS Video
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X