Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Though I've only had 1 glass of water today too, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Maybe not chugging water all day is keeping my hunger at bay?
    HEY! I've noticed the same thing. I started drinking water like crazy a month ago. Even more so when I started IF/ADF. Then I read an article which caused me to do more research on how folks over drink water and (possibly) "8 glasses of water per day" is unnecessary- Mark even mentioned something about this.... Won't go a lot into it, but I stopped drinking so much water and I have found the last two dds to be easy peasy. Plus, I am no longer cold all the time OR constantly thirsty. I was over hydrated, me thinks.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Are any of you guys here also on the Low Carb friends JUDDD thread? If so, I have to stop posting over there--the moderators are making it impossible to post, they delete all links and my account is severely limited, so I will not post there anymore--could someone tell the others, I tried to but the post was moderated out. The mods there must really hate Mark Sisson!

Comment

• Wow, that's kind of shocking.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
        My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
          Wow, that's kind of shocking.
          A couple weeks ago, i posted a link to an MDA article, got a nasty email saying not to do it again, and now, every time I post something, I get a message that says: "Your post will not appear immediately, it must be approved by moderators" The posts take 4-8 hours to get uploaded and if there's any link at all, it's deleted, making me look like an idiot.

Comment

• good reason to ditch that forum.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
              good reason to ditch that forum.
              Yeah, I can't operate like that. The trouble is there are some good people and we were having some good discussions, I hate to just abandon them. Oh, well, they'll get over it.

Comment

• at their heart, the LCF is a sales tool, if it isn't something they sell, they delete it.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• A DD Hack - Page 46 - Low Carb Friends

I'll bet Mark won't care I post their link! Anyway, there was some good discussion of RS and potatoes for DD's on the last couple pages of the thread linked above.

Comment

• what is RS?

I don't care for potatoes.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Resistant starch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                        HEY! I've noticed the same thing. I started drinking water like crazy a month ago. Even more so when I started IF/ADF. Then I read an article which caused me to do more research on how folks over drink water and (possibly) "8 glasses of water per day" is unnecessary- Mark even mentioned something about this.... Won't go a lot into it, but I stopped drinking so much water and I have found the last two dds to be easy peasy. Plus, I am no longer cold all the time OR constantly thirsty. I was over hydrated, me thinks.
                        I think we're on to something with not over hydrating, I was able to fast till 7 pm today no problem with only one glass of water. I also just had a glass with my dinner , and will have another before bed. I just think chugging it all day causes my stomach to react like food is on the way and when it doesn't get it, it growls angrily at me! Lol!

Sirloin Roast with Gravy Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes had this with cauliflower mashed with kerrygold and cream cheese. Delish! Tomorrow is my official one week weigh in from staring ADF, hope I can report a loss!
                        Veronica
                        High weight: 263.8 lbs
                        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          what is RS? I don't care for potatoes.
                          Neither do I.
                          Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                          Resistant starch?
                          Very informative post o the topic by PKlopp.
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76153.html

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
                            A couple weeks ago, i posted a link to an MDA article, got a nasty email saying not to do it again, and now, every time I post something, I get a message that says: "Your post will not appear immediately, it must be approved by moderators" The posts take 4-8 hours to get uploaded and if there's any link at all, it's deleted, making me look like an idiot.
                            Something like this happened to me on a forum once, and it wasn't even because of a post I made, but because I was friends with a group who was making posts they didn't like. The whole group (including some other who never engaged in the arguments) were put on moderation. I don't mind taking responsibility if I post something, but it's pretty bad when you get put on moderation for just being part of a group. I haven't been back since even though a couple of the moderators asked me to come back. I get enough frustration in life, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                            My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• I'm going to be doing another Fasting Down Day today. Tuesday felt very good, AND my pains were radically down and milder yesterday. I know I am always saying 'don't assume your results are from what happened the day before, sometimes it takes time to build,' but when it is something good like that, the temptation is pretty high. Maybe I'll edit my saying to add 'only for bad things, though, if it is good, you were a genius, keep doing it!'

I am very careful with what I post on Lowcarbfriends. When I read their Terms of Service(yes, some people actually read those puppies) I was surprised at how strict they were. But they do have a flourishing JUDDD thread, so it is worth it to me. I think of it as visiting as very strict and narrow-minded Great-Grandmother, who has cool stuff in her curio cabinet, that she will take out if I am well-behaved. And as I support Mark having this site, by buying some of his products, if I hang out there for any length of time, I will probably buy something from their website. Forums like these are such a great resource for people who like to connect. I think they cut themselves off from some opportunities by being so strict, but that's their choice. I'm not going to show my knees in their parlour if they would get upset.

Comment

• Hi,

11 days in with 4 successful down days for a total of 6 lbs lost, water weight of course but interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X