No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum, the shake sounds good. I have some raw almond butter that I'd like to try, and I just got that really nice sized container of raw cream from the Farmer's market yesterday as well. And, I also have 2 dozen eggs to eat up, lol. I think I'll try that! Thanks!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
      So good to hear everyone is doing well!

Dragonfly~ only 8lbs more to lose, I bet that feels amazing to be so close to goal!
      Thank you!

I never was more than 20 lbs over (maybe 140?), even before going Primal, and I lost 15 in the first year, but I gained back about 5 lbs of what I had lost due to lack of activity/overeating this past winter.

I do approx 16/8 IFs anyway, but ADF is a kinder, gentler way for me than 20-24 hour fasts and is really helping me to reduce my hunger. And I had already ramped up the slow moving, so I am doing about 2 hours (or more) of gentle walking/hiking daily, plus lifting heavy every 4 days.

It's great to have support, though! I usually do this on my own.
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• Change of plans! The shake is out because I think I'll have plenty of calories for the day, lol. I work with two other Celiacs, one of which is an avid baker. She is very respectful of whatever diet I'm on at the time (LOL) and since Feb 1 when I started PB, she has not been tempting me, though she does ask to be polite. I'll usually say no thanks, or if it's something I want to try, I'll either tell her I just want a bite, or I'll take it and throw it away after my bite. Today however, she tried a new chocolate cake recipe, and I was all over that thing. Fortunately for me, her idea of a serving size is NOT like most of America's idea of a serving size and the piece was very small! Still, I'm figuring that took care of my calorie deficit for today.

Comment

• chocolate is always a nice surprise
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm a whole week into this now - I've settled into MWF being down days - weekends I eat what I want while staying primal. Tracking daily, weighing daily. I'm down 3 pounds! My down days average 700 - up days average 1500. I will be working on getting the numbers a bit closer to what protocol directs. I didn't follow the induction phase - so I'm going to do that now that I'm comfortable with the while UDDD thing.

Today being a down day I will REALLY try to keep it close to 500. Tomorrow I will try to keep it close to 1800.

Does anyone know if Mark has addressed this topic - I know he has talked a LOT about IFing, and eating within a "window" of time - and this is pretty much the same. I guess I can assume he would approve of this.

Its SOOO great to read of others success!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Tomi - congratulations!!!!

Comment

• Tomi~ yay 3 lbs!

Well I'm def feeling hungry today, I just ate a banana. Could be I'm just noticing it more cause I'm sitting Around doing nothing today, my daughter is home sick from school so otherwise I would have been running around. :/ gonna have Bistec Encebollado (Steak and Onions) - Hispanic Kitchen for dinner with cauliflower rice and avocado. I'm literally counting the minutes. It's better to be busy on dd's for sure!
                Veronica
                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• I dunno people how you do it, you are all heroic doing it again and again. I ate too much this weekend (3 lbs up), so decided to fast today. It is 5 pm, and life sucks. I had more caffeine than ever (2 cups), even tried a diet red bull for the first time, and a chili-lemon-salt hot water. It's 5 pm, and I slept in till 5 am today thinking it will help, and I still have to go to a class till 9 pm, and the only thing I want now is to eat. Anything at all. Cardboard will be good. My productivity was shit at work all day and I had to sit down at 3 pm, as I could not focus. Still can't focus. Went for 2 walks, before work and a long one at lunch... considering sneaking out 30 min early too for another walk to get mind off food. So, yeah, kudos to you all!
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• drink lots of fluids, I drink a 16oz cup of tea first thing in the morning, then a 20oz smoothie, then 2 50oz bottles of water with ACV, another smoothie, 2 more cups of tea, another smoothie, and another cup or 2 of tea. (my down days are not calorie free-just very low)

I am finding that I have a much better down day, if the day before was not a carb fest of a day. I feel pretty sure that the walking, while taking your mind off the food is probably burning up fuel and making you hungrier (it would me).

good luck
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh, I am hydrated to the gills, I must have drunk 4 or 5 liters of fluids today, hot, cold, caffeinated and carbonated.
                      If i don't walk, I will break down and eat. The only thing that holds me is that I made it this far. But when I get home today by 10 pm, there will be leftover stew in the slow cooker after my folks' supper. If I can bypass that and go to bed hungry, and fall asleep I will be golden.
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• You have done well. For me, generally if I can avoid the first bite I am good to go. But even a taste of the stew and there would be no stopping rule.

You can do it!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• why do duplicates keep happening?
                          The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• I have been a little out of control on my last two UDs. Nothing nonprimal- but a lot of carbs in the form of potatoes. Tonight had some white rice with our stir fry. I am not going to weigh tomorrow. I know my number will be up and it will only just annoy me.

Another annoying thing is... being in between pant sizes! UGH.

Oh, and... TMI I haven't had a bowel movement for a week. I don't feel... constipated, really. I just wonder if that is why things aren't changing on the scales this week. I have been bouncing between 276-278. I just can't believe with these two last big UDs that... ya know... nothing.

So, no potatoes this week. I never eat rice, but no rice this week. I'm really not sure what to eat. The only thing that sounds good to me is breakfast food. If I make breakfast food, I'll want potatoes. Fortunately I have a full work week and a lot to do before this weekend. We will be planting a lot of the garden this weekend which is very exciting. Peas, carrots, beans, broccoli, cabbage, kale, cauliflower and lettuces. Then, come first week in may it'll be the peppers, tomatoes, melons and squash.
                            The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Leida~ so you aren't eating anything on your dd? See now that's heroic I could never, the only that keeps me sane is that I get at least 500 cals on my dd.

I held out till 6 pm for dinner and ate it in 7 minutes flat. I still feel hungry which is no good, ill have to drug myself tonight to get to sleep. Which I probably won't be able to now since my daughter slept for 4 hours this afternoon so she'll probably be up all night I chewed almost an entire pack of sugar free gum to make it through today. Today was not an easy dd.
                              Veronica
                              Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                              ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                              Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                              Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                                why do duplicates keep happening?
                                Idk but its so annoying!
                                Veronica