No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will let ya'll know how the weekend off ADF goes. This weekend is normal, and I'll try it this weekend. Mind you, my weekend is sunday/monday. That's the only time I get to see the boyfriend. We love to cook and eat.

Today is down day and it's going great. My last down day sucked. I will say my little potato frenzy last night left me two lbs heavier this morning. I don't care much. Two pounds heavier on the scale, but my pants fit way loose today. In fact... I was having a horrible problem. I went to a sale/swap meet to sell some chickens and goats. All day long I kept having to run behind the truck to pull up my UNDERWEAR! Yes. My fecking panties. I would walk around, etc and before I know it, they were off my butt and bunched in the bottom of my jeans crotch. GR! Weird problem to have.

Will be interested to see what the scales say tomorrow after down day. Haven't felt a lot of hunger today, which is just awesome.

My baby cakes is making his DELICIOUS stir fry tomorrow. Um, can I say I am so spoiled to be dating an asian that cooks awesome traditional asian cuisine? He makes egg rolls like you wouldn't believe. Makes them with rice spring roll wrappers too, so really, not all that unprimal

Just in love with the day. Don't mind me.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• LOL, can't wait until I have your weird problem!!

Today was my down day and I seemed a bit hungrier than normal, or rather, I just wanted to eat I guess. Made it through only slightly over my target down day calories, but still have a while before bedtime.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
      My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Well I'm not sure how I feel about today, after I ate lunch I felt awful! I made http://www.health-bent.com/poultry/paleo-orange-chicken and idk if it was the tamari but my stomach hurt and I feel bloated. Too much sodium i think. So yea I feel like the scale will be up tomorrow which would really suck but I shouldnt be weighing daily anyways so that's my fault. Ive made it before ( its really good!)and felt fine so idk if i felt off cause today is the first day i stopped the whole30. i only did it for 1 week but i think i had everything today that i had been forced to avoid. Bacon of breakfast ,Half and half in my coffee, tamari in my lunch, and for dinner we had burgers on oopsie bread( contains dairy) and 1/2 ounce of cheddar and bacon. Can you tell I missed all those things lol!

Still after all that im only At 1966 cals, so im debating eating that last 100. I'm already at 61 grams of carb so if I do Eat i don't want it to have carbs. I prob won't eat it and then regret it tomorrow lol!.

Off topic I finally got my hands on a copy of Wheat Belly from the library so started reading today.
        Last edited by vlo1125; 04-07-2013, 07:13 PM.
        Veronica
        High weight: 263.8 lbs
        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Ok so weight was 222 this morning, only .2 up after my ud, I can live with that, according to MFP I had almost 4000 mg of sodium yesterday so I think I'm retaining water. Today is dd# 3 which some of you said you've found the hardest so I'm a little nervous. Think I'm taking the same approach as dd#2, have my coffee and cream in the morning and not eating again till dinner. Though dinner will probably be early 5 or 6 pm if I can hold out that long.
          Veronica

Comment

• If you are eating low carb you probably need the sodium, just drink more water/fluids.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Okay, wow, I'm down another 1.2 pounds since yesterday. And, that was with no BM for two days, lol. (Sorry for TMI!) So, that's almost 4 pounds since I started UDDD last Saturday.

Yesterday was slightly rougher for a down day than it has been. For some reason, even though I wasn't that hungry, I just wanted to snack all day. I think my calories were probably slightly over 600 for the day (I have to add those bites of things to MFP). Today is an up day.

Comment

• congrats!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Doing well here. My dd sometimes creep up a bit calorie-wise, but my ud are much lower than usual--I'm just not as hungry!
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• just an fyi note here, you can take it or leave it....eating to your limits on your ud has 2 positive effects, it makes your dd more doable and it keeps you from stalling.

Now I have yet to hit my ud limit, but I am not losing either. Today is a dd and I will work hard to keep it below 500. Then tomorrow, I will plan my fat and meals to try to hit my 2200 and see what happens.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                      just an fyi note here, you can take it or leave it....eating to your limits on your ud has 2 positive effects, it makes your dd more doable and it keeps you from stalling.

Now I have yet to hit my ud limit, but I am not losing either. Today is a dd and I will work hard to keep it below 500. Then tomorrow, I will plan my fat and meals to try to hit my 2200 and see what happens.
                      I am losing just fine, so my n=1 is that I will keep on trusting my hunger over some numbers that can only be general guidelines, anyway.

I only have about 8 pounds of fat left to lose, so it may work differently for me than for someone who has a lot more to lose.

Comment

• congrats on the success of the n=1 then!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                          congrats on the success of the n=1 then!
                          Thanks, demuralist!

Comment

• So good to hear everyone is doing well!

252dip~ congrats on the 4 lbs!

Demuralist~ I agree with eating all the up day calories, I think it helps me have better control on my dd. also if you combine the total calories for an ud and dd im only getting 1285 cals per day. i really dont want to go lower than that till i have to. yesterday was just shy by 100 only because I really couldn't think of anything else to eat. It will be a rare occurrence for me not to eat all 2100 cals. As for the sodium maybe I did need it, I'm on my cycle now too so that could be bloating me too.

Dragonfly~ only 8lbs more to lose, I bet that feels amazing to be so close to goal!
                            Veronica

Comment

• I think I may have to try more fatty foods then, lol. I'm not skimping on fat by any means, but I'm not feeling hungry most of the time, so I think when I am, I may have to try fatty stuff to get the calories up. If I try hard, I make it to 1500 calories on my up days, but that's way shy of my JUDDD up day goal of 1981. I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry as that's what got me into this mess in the first place, lol, so since I'm falling way short of my fat "goal" for the day, I just have to get more in.

Comment

• 252, myabe if you just switched to slightly less protein you could get in more fat and thus more calories. I find that fat is less filling, because of the volume, but stays with me longer. I just looked at your diary for today, maybe if instead of the cheese at the end of the day you made yourself a sort of milkshake, with cream and cocoa powder and sweetener of choice and maybe a dollop of a nut butter maybe an egg. I also add MCT oil to my smoothies if I need the fat, as it is tasteless and mixes much easier than coconut oil.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X