Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
    ... I know this is the time most people would cut themselves some slack but I know if I don't watch it that I could very well gain all my weight back if I'm not careful. ....
    I think you are very wise (and strong!) to be thinking this. Good for you.

Comment

• I am hovering as well. We are having a crazy summer, though not nearly as crazy as yours! Good luck with the job search for hubby!

I think exercise can be a great stress reliever if you don't over do it. I certainly agree that you can't cut yourself slack right now, but my advice would be to just try to get back to where you were last month and hold it there till your life settles in a bit.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sabine~ hi! I've been wondering if you would pop back in here! How are you?!

Demuralist~Hovering is better than gaining! thanks, he's been applying everywhere in 4 different states so crazy is the right word for it! Not knowing where I'm going to live after the summer is very stressful! Not to mention I've lived in Illinois my whole life, I don't know how well I'd deal with the change but I'm going to have to manage.

Well I had another crappy couple days and got up to 175.4 yesterday, yikes! Yesterday was a dd but I'm sure I ate well over my 500 calories but it must have not been too bad cause I'm down to 172.6 today, I'm very bloated , so I know it's mostly water weight, I weighed 165 last Friday for Christ sake! Too much over eating and poor choices this week for sure. I'm going to have my UD today and track my calories cause that really is what works for me. Also I seriously have to get a handle on my carbs and stay in the 50-80 range.

Started my slim in 6 back up so that's good, after about a week of doing it I can always feel a difference so I'm looking forward to that! I have a wedding this weekend so it was totally the wrong week to gain 10 lbs but hopefully pulling my head out of my butt and excercising snaps me out of it!
        Veronica
        High weight: 263.8 lbs
        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• I just got back from a 4 day family trip and actually lost 3 pounds, lots of walking and dancing, and really pretty decent food choices. It was all about the experiences, even the food ones, but for the food we were very careful not to waste a meal by just eating anything. We were in NYC and did pizza, cheesecake, and a bagel even, but soooooo much walking.

So now I am back to within 2 pounds of my recent low, and newly motivated! Heck if I can lose weight on a vacation, I should be able to do it at home right?

Veronica, I have lived in PA, a few towns in FL, and now TN. Each very different, and wonderful in its own way. You just have to make it your own and get on with it.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good lord has it been rough for me lately! I'll have a few good days where I lose 4-5 lbs then have a few bad days where I put it back on. I was up to 177 two days ago! I haven't been that high since September! Tuesday night I started a diet bet out of desperation for motivation. It's a $13000 pot and I had to put in $35. Well so far so good, had a perfect dd yesterday and UD today, down to 172.8 lbs this morning. I want to get back down to the 161 I was in March and then then try to get to goal by the end of the summer. Summer has always been hard for me in the weight loss dept with tons of bbq's , bday parties , weddings, etc but I just need to take it one dd at a time. I have plans both Saturday and Sunday so that'll be the real test.

How's everyone else doing?
            Veronica

Comment

• Gonna keep checking in as it helps keep me accountable, where is everyone?!

So this morning 171.6 , going down so I'm happy! It's dd# 2 and I already have a huge batch of chili I made yesterday so dinner is a no brainer. That was one of my issues lately, not planning my meals ahead, it made sticking to my calories a lot easier so I need to make sure I do it. Sigh hoping to be back in the 160's by the weekend but I have a baby shower tomorrow and a girls night Sunday. I'm sick of my progress being derailed and feel like I've taken three steps back so I hope this is enough to give me the strength to not over indulge. Anywho check ya later folks!
              Veronica

Comment

• One thing I have yet to master doing ADF, and that is keeping the leftovers under control. Seems there are always good things in the fridge, and yet, there's a limit to how many times I want to eat something in a week. I MUST get better abut putting food directly into the freezer. And labelled!

Right now I have guacamole, picadillo, broccoli, kale, and tomato/cucumber salad. And none of them are for dinner tonight(ribs, and coleslaw made with cabbage from our garden).

Comment

• Hi Sabine! So where are you at this point in your ADF journey? I know you were doing the maintenance thing for awhile. I do that sometimes too where I cook every day then Have way too many options and then something inevitably goes bad!

This weekend was a draw, which is actually a good thing! On Saturday I was 170.4 lbs it was an UD and I had a baby shower to attend, I started out good, or at least gluten free cause I did eat some Puerto Rican rice. Then they busted out the moscato and I was done for! Had about 5(small) glasses of wine and that made me a little too care free and I ended up eating some desserts and 2nd helpings of the food. :/ so the next day I was up 2.5lbs but it was a down day so I just had my coffee and got right back to it. Now Sunday night I had dinner plans so I chose seasons 52 because I knew they had a healthier menu and also nothing you order there is over 475 calories, perfect for a DD! I did have a cocktail there and my dd clocked in at about 900 calls but I still consider it a successful dd. today I weigh 170.8 so I'll take it, to an UD and I have my meals planned out. I've got my sights set on being back in the 160's this week!
                  Veronica

Comment

• Anyone still doing alternate day fasting? We all seem to have disappeared over the summer. I'm up 18 lbs from my last post in June and am feeling crappy. Had a weird summer where we were on month long road trip( 3 weeks in New Jersey and a 2 weeks in North Carolina)I tried to be good and stayed gluten free(but still ate a ton and sugar and processed crap *eyeroll*) and I also did power 90 in its entirety. I guess I let my old CW way of thinking take over. I thought that as long as I was excercising hard every day that I could have some leeway with my eating. How depressing to excercise everyday for 3 months and come out fatter at the end of it! What a waste of time! What's worse is since August I've been trying to get back into being strict primal and doing alternate day fasting and I'm
                    Failing miserably. I think part of the problem was I was doing chronic cardio and it was making me ravenous and then I'd binge. But for awhile I had been having an issue of sticking to the 500 calories on a dd, or fasting all day just fine but binging at dinner.

I want to try again now that I've quit the insane excercising and see if I can get this extra weight off me quick. I never thought I'd see 189 lbs one scale again and I want it gone fast! It's already been on me for 2 months and I feel like everyday I let it sit there will make it harder and harder to lose. So if any of you are still
                    Out there and need to recommit and have support I'll be here!
                    Veronica

Comment

• Anyone still doing alternate day fasting? We all seem to have disappeared over the summer. I'm up 18 lbs from my last post in June and am feeling crappy. Had a weird summer where we were on month long road trip( 3 weeks in New Jersey and a 2 weeks in North Carolina)I tried to be good and stayed gluten free(but still ate a ton and sugar and processed crap *eyeroll*) and I also did power 90 in its entirety. I guess I let my old CW way of thinking take over. I thought that as long as I was excercising hard every day that I could have some leeway with my eating. How depressing to excercise everyday for 3 months and come out fatter at the end of it! What a waste of time! What's worse is since August I've been trying to get back into being strict primal and doing alternate day fasting and I'm
                      Failing miserably. I think part of the problem was I was doing chronic cardio and it was making me ravenous and then I'd binge. But for awhile I had been having an issue of sticking to the 500 calories on a dd, or fasting all day just fine but binging at dinner.

I want to try again now that I've quit the insane excercising and see if I can get this extra weight off me quick. I never thought I'd see 189 lbs one scale again and I want it gone fast! It's already been on me for 2 months and I feel like everyday I let it sit there will make it harder and harder to lose. So if any of you are still
                      Veronica

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
                        Anyone still doing alternate day fasting? We all seem to have disappeared over the summer. I'm up 18 lbs from my last post in June and am feeling crappy. Had a weird summer where we were on month long road trip( 3 weeks in New Jersey and a 2 weeks in North Carolina)I tried to be good and stayed gluten free(but still ate a ton and sugar and processed crap *eyeroll*) and I also did power 90 in its entirety. I guess I let my old CW way of thinking take over. I thought that as long as I was excercising hard every day that I could have some leeway with my eating. How depressing to excercise everyday for 3 months and come out fatter at the end of it! What a waste of time! What's worse is since August I've been trying to get back into being strict primal and doing alternate day fasting and I'm

Good luck with your journey. I've exercised too much in the past and it's backfired on me as well. Although now I have problems with the motivation to exercise "enough" whatever that is.

I'm going to do a potato hack starting next Monday, but may alternate day fast afterwards.

You might get more support starting a new thread. People new to the idea might not want to read all hundred plus pages to get to here

Again, good luck.

Comment

• Thanks! Ha I was just looking into the potato hack, it's something I'll keep in my back pocket if I hit a plateau. I've been doing ADF sucuessfully for a little over a week. I've lost 10.2 lbs so far and I'm feeling good! I joined a diet bet and also join the JUDDD forums on low carb friends. It's strange cause we're all doing JUDDD over there but they are doing it with SAD so it's not the same. Let me know if you decide to ADF, if love to have a fellow primal follower to talk to!
                          Veronica

Comment

Working...
                          X