Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fastfriends!

Hmm.... has the MDA forum been down for a couple of days? I haven't been able to log on .... anyhoo, I'm glad everything's working now... I'm still trundling along, though unlikely to make 25 LG days in April at this state... I'm now on 14 out of 20...

How are you guys doing??

Hugs,
    Lucas
    Goals:
    • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
    • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Doing good with IF...but had to get on the scale at the dr today. Not pretty. Time to resurrect MFP and count my calories. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Finally! I've been trying to log on for days and couldn't , I think the forums were down Lucas!

Not that I have much to report I'm still in the same boat this week. 167 lbs as of this morning, I really only had one nearly successful dd last week. I have no problems not eating till about 3 or 4 pm it's just when I start eating o can't seem to stop lately.

Tonya~ so essentially I have been doing a 16/8 style on accident, I truely don't think this style of IF works for me, I can pack in amount of calories in a short amount of time!

demuralist~ I think your right trying to do dd after a failed dd back to back doesn't work. Because often times I did successfully fast the whole day so then it feels like fasting every day but not getting any benefit from it cause as soon as you break the fast you are consuming too many calories. I have also thought about a set fasting schedule like M-w-F and taking weekends off. I haven't been low carb for awhile I used to always make sure it stayed in the 50-75 grams range and lately I noticed its around 120 grams. It's hard to give my husband left overs, he is not a left over guy and he hates eating a meal more than twice in a row. Like I made chili yesterday so there's a ton left over, if he eats it for lunch today too he's not gonna want it for dinner tonight. While I'd just eat it for every meal till its gone. I am gonna portion out and freeze a bunch for days I don't feel like cooking.
        today is a dd, Ive had my coffee wish me luck!
        Veronica
        High weight: 263.8 lbs
        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• My husband would rather not eat leftovers either, but he would rather cook for himself even less! Actually I don't serve him the same meal two days in a row. I somehow got ahead of myself, I put the newest meal under the stack in the freezer, by the time he sees it again, he forgot all about it. I try to keep 6 meals ahead, he only gets these on some of my dd's so it could be 2 or 3 weeks before he sees a meal again.

I am doing pretty well now. I really think what finally cracked the code was that I literally do not make any rules about my ud's except...eat exactly what I want (not what I think I should eat) and eat only when I am really physically hungry. I try to eat mindfully and stop when I am full but the first 2 rules are now going to be set in stone, and I will work on those last 2. Surprisingly I do not abuse it, once I 'allowed' myself to eat what ever I want, 99% of the time it is something 'healthy'. And the other 1% usually makes me so full that I end up not eating the rest of the day.

On my dd's what is working for me right now, I make a massive (I mean humongous) salad full of nutrient dense (read that very low calorie/high nutritious) veggies and top it with a generous portion of baked fish (or even a can of tuna). I have not been counting the calories for this, it is likely over my 500, but it is keeping me from eating even more. It takes a long time to eat that thing and it is very satisfying.

I have also been eating at least an hour before my husband, so when I do cook for him, I am full, much easier to resist taste testing!

p.s. my fast days are Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or (usually) Sunday. This works best for me, makes it very easy to schedule things. I could not get the hang of ADF at all.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm not doing ADF right now, more of a Fast 5 (so I probably shouldn't really be posting here), but I could only successfully continue DDs when my UD nutrition was pretty solid. Didn't mean I couldn't have treats, but I suffered (and this is ultimately why I've stopped for right now, though think I'll be back again some day) if I ate too much junk. Unlike Demuralist, I never really got over the just eat junk to settle back into nutrition
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Howdy folks!

Well, I'm glad the forum is all running properly again... I missed you guys!

Demuralist, glad to hear youre getting back into your rhythm - it's all about figuring out what works best for you I guess...

So I completed my 15th LG day this morning, now going for number 16!

Hugs,
              Lucas
              Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• YEAH!! Lucas, you must really be seeing the benefits by now.

Now that I am getting my rhythm, I am about to go see my mom in Florida. I leave tomorrow. But I will fast for my 2 drive days (Thursday down and Tuesday back), then most likely do an eating window or single meal every day while I am there. I don't usually have any issues when I am there as long as we don't buy a bunch of ice cream.

p.s. I don't think we will be policing this thread so tightly that we can't allow people doing various versions of fasting in, RMS!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi there folks,

Thanks demuralists... I think I'm starting to see some progress alright... ... ive still got some distance to go though...

RMS, I reckon demuralist is right... I follow the 'lean gains' approach, which is a daily fast of a certain number of hours (basically limiting you eating 'window' to a certain period each day)... so I don't actually fast for entire days at all... I just do 18-hours fast, then a six hour eating window...

I made it to 16 days for April this morning... roll on 17!

Hugs,
                  Lucas
                  Goals:

Comment

• Hello everyone...

it's a bit lonely around here today... oh well, I know you'll all be back... 17 days down for me, starting into number 18!

I'm also gearing up for 10 days of travel, which is sure to present some challenges... I'm gonna be in Peru from Saturday 25 through to Monday 3....

Hugs,
                    Lucas
                    Goals:

Comment

• Hello fast friends...

It's a bit ronereee around here! Anyhooo... I completed my 18th LG day for April this morning, but I've been munching this evening, so I'll have to make a fresh start maņana...

Heading off for a big conference in peru tomorrow morning as well, and it will defo be challenging to keep the fasts going... im not gonna just let loose though - I'm determined to keep moving forward... more to come!

I hope you're all doing well!

Hugs,
                      Lucas
                      Goals:

Comment

• Have a safe trip Lucas!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Having a regular routine works best for me so I usually eat about an oz of Mac nuts with s little butter first thing in the AM around 7 then do the rest of my eating between 11-7.

Wanderin Jack

Comment

• Back from Florida. Had a great trip.

when traveling I essentially do an eating window, except that I add a splash of heavy cream to my morning coffee. I usually only drink one cup, then switch to water and teas.

I lost back a few pounds that had creeped up with my lackadaisical following of the plan the few weeks previous to my trip. So I was happy not to see an even larger number on the scale and that has motivated me to get back on my bandwagon. Well that and a wedding I am to attend in a few weeks. I am not trying to lose a bunch of weight for the wedding just would like to not feel bloated.

Today is a fast day.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Hi there friends!

Things are a bit quiet around here, huh? I just got back from my work trip in Peru... it was an amazing trip! food was a bit all over the place though... lots of grazing and not many proper meals, and more than one slip into sugar-land... anyway, I'm back in action, and back to my routine, now... so far I'm on two fast days for May....

How is everyone else doing?
                              Hugs,
                              Lucas
                              Goals:

Comment

• Whoa I've been gone nearly a month! Crazy town! In that time frame I'm pretty much where I left off, still doing alternate days fasting but failing by over eating. I was hanging out at anywhere from 165-170 and today I hopped on the scale and saw a whopping 174.4 so that was fun. I've had a really shitty month otherwise as well which hasnt helped. My children kept passing each other a virus back on forth that gave my baby a really high fever for days at a time, 105.3 is a scary number! And just when I would think it was gone the other would shoot up with a fever. It was no fun and lasted like 3 weeks. No sleep for mom for sure. Then my husband was notified that he is being laid off as of June 15th. I am a stay at home mom so this is our only income other than my makeup sales gig I have on the side. But he makes 99% of our income so this is devastating. We are very seriously considering moving across the country to go live with his parents awhile if he can find a job on the east coast. So right now my life is very much a mess and I'm sure that's not helping me have my head on straight to keep myself in check. I know this is the time most people would cut themselves some slack but I know if I don't watch it that I could very well gain all my weight back if I'm not careful. Excercise has just been walking and that is not enough. I lost all the shape and definition I had just two months ago so I need to get back to doing slim in 6 because it really shapes me up in a short amount of time. Today is a dd, which ironically have not been hard at all for me to do, I don't get the intense hunger pangs anymore but when I break my fast I binge eat so that's the part I need to fix. Seeing the scale that high again is a slap to the face so i need to make this work!

How's everyone else doing?
                                Veronica
                                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X