No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing I have been successful keeping in the house is chocolate. And what I did there was to keep so much chocolate I could not possibly finish it and if I ate some I immediately replaced it. Then I allowed myself to eat as much as I wanted of it. Once there was a virtually endless supply and it was no longer off limits it lost its pull. This has not worked for anything else.

The show was a huge amount of fun. My son went with me and we talked 2 of his friends into joining us. The guys were curious but extremely hesitant. I guess curiosity finally got the better of them and they had a great time.

We had BBQ for dinner and will for lunch today. But I have a salad with the meat piled on top. Very good
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlo1125 View Post
      Messed up today, oh well there's tomorrow, mess up tomorrow, oh well there's the next day etc etc and before you know it it's been a week
      Hi there folks! Yes indeed - a certain level of consistency - that's the key! So I made it on the Friday thru saturday fast, but then totally blew it on saturday night... so I'm now on seven LG days for April, and heading for number 8....

Hope you're all having a happy sunday!
      Lucas

seven for 12
      Goals:
      • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
      • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Hello fast friends!

Hmmm.... day 8 completed.. .... now heading for my ninth fast of April... my back is killing me today, though.. I think I must have slept funny... owwwww! I keep shifting around in my chair and then sneaking off into the bathroom to stretch (I feel weird doing it in front of my coworkers!)...

Anyway, that's my little monday grumble..

hope you're all well!
        Lucas
        Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Lucas, put some heat and ice on it tonight. Always helps me!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• build your desk up so that you can stand up, sitting always makes a sore back worse for me. Hope it corrects itself quickly!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Awwww... thanks folks! You're both dead right... I've been thinking of setting up a standing workstation for a while... my back is a bit better, and I've been doing some stretching which seems to be helping... it's funny when something in my body just starts to complain without me doing anything special to annoy it!..

On the IF front, I completed my 9th 18-hour fast this morning... now starting number 10...

Hugs,
              Lucas
              Goals:

Comment

• that feeling when the body complains for no apparent reason, very annoying!

So, I can't remember, Lucas, you do an 18 hour fast with a 6 hour eating window? What is it that throws you off on the weekends? What you eat, or when you eat?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hi there folks,

Demuralist, well, I dont want to give the impression that I only get off track on weekends ... I blew it last night... and when I say I blew it, I don't mean I had a few nuts; I mean I 'Ben-and-Jerrys'-blew-it'.... haha... oh well, get up and try again... the truth is that the weekends are more difficult for me because I dont have the same easy structure and routine as I have during the week... during the week I go into work, and bring a packed pre-prepared primal lunch... and that's it... in the evening I generally either have some wholesome activity, like going to meditation or a 12-step group I attend, that keeps me out of temptations' way... but when the weekend comes, my activities are all over the place and there's often a restaurant with friends, and I'm very vulnerable to peer pressure when it's saying things like 'cheesecake'... haha... anyhoo, I'm still doing pretty good and making progress, albeit slowly...

It looks like the completion of my 10th LG day for April will have to wait a few more hours, thanks to last nights Ben and Jerry's attack.....

Hugs,
                  Lucas
                  Goals:

Comment

• ps: yup, I've been doing an 18-hour fast followed by a six hour eating 'window' (which basically means one full meal and a snack a couple of hours later)...
                    Goals:

Comment

• Lucas...I kinda feel like I have days like that from time to time. Sometimes it's ok and I make good choices. It's almost like if I've had several IF days in a row my body needs a break. But then there are days like yesterday....must've been a full moon. 😳 I ate a bunch of famous Amos cookies last night. Tiny, crunchy little cookies...and they weren't even that good! Lost my mind!

Comment

• I haven't had a successful dd in awhile. Sunday was a dd and I managed not to eat till 1:30 and then ate way over my calories. So I said ok Monday is my dd , probably ate about 1200 cals but a lot of carbs, so I said ok I'm just eating normal on Tuesday no calorie counting. So today is my next attempt at having a dd. I had 100 calories of cream in my coffee , 150 calories of yogurt and strawberries for lunch. And my dinner will be 250 calories. I'm breaking it up to see if it helps me stick better to my 500 calories since I've been having such a hard time of it lately. I have been sick for a few days anf not really up for much though. I just really need to get over this bump and keep going. Going to set a goal to get down to 155 lbs by Mother's Day, wish me luck!

Tonya and Lucas~ maybe these non primal slips mean you should cut back on IF a bit? Something I've been considering since I've been having a hard time .Or maybe if your breaking your fast at least Try to make it be with primal foods. i try to think of it as primal first, IF/Adf second, and if I absolutely must at least gluten free third.
                        Veronica
                        High weight: 263.8 lbs
                        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• So I have been having trouble getting my dad's to be 500 or less calories. But what I decided to do yesterday was to have one meal that was a massive bowl of greens and other chopped very low calorie veggies with a splash of oil and vinegar topped with a generous piece of baked fish. I ate this when I got home from work instead of waiting a bit later. I usually wait to eat later so that I would not be hungry at bedtime. But then I would tend to munch while cooking my dinner. Eating earlier worked so much better. Then I just drank a lot of fluid the rest of the night. And actually was not hungry later. Now I don't know how many calories that actually was but I consider it a success because I managed to control it, enjoyed it, and felt it was a very reasonable choice for a meal. I am thinking this is my go to plan for my dd's. I also know that I do better if I don't try to limit my ud's in any way.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday was an epic fail , I weigh 166.6 as of this morning. Breaking up my calories does not work for me, I was ravenous last night. Sigh so here we go again today is another dd attempt. What I'm trying today is no coffee and cream this morning, just drinking green tea. Maybe saving the extra 100 calories and putting it back into dinner help help satiate me.

Demuralist~ sounds like a good plan, I'll try it today. Load up on veggies with a piece of fish on the side. Sound like we're in the same boat.

I've been wondering wth my problem has been lately and why it's been harder for me to stick to my calories and I think there's a couple reasons. #1 the vacation screwed me up. It made my carbs and sugar cravings come back and put me back into a binge mode. And #2 now that my husband has been doing primal with me I have to cook his meals everyday, so even if it's my dd I have to prepare his food. I just stayed out of the kitchen on dd's when I was just worrying about me and left him to his junk. But it's a miracle he's even eating primal and I'm trying to support him , if I said go cook your own dinner he'd go order a pizza!

So anywho still gonna keep trying to get back on track with this till it sticks! Today is my day!
                            Veronica
                            High weight: 263.8 lbs
                            Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                            ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                            Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                            Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Vlo....hang in there. I feel like there is definitely an ebb and flo in my body's wants and needs too. Sometimes eating well and making good choices is really easy. And sometimes...I'm just ravenous....like cra-zay hungry. Sometimes it actually helps me to just take a day and eat normally and not IF. Have you tried any other patterns like 16:8?

Comment

• I will tell you that trying to do a dd after a failed dd does not work for me. That essentially is a diet, day after day of trying to restrict calories. I would like to suggest that you set your dd's on a calendar, if you eat too much on one, take that as a learning experience and have a "normal ud" in which you focus on getting highly nutritious foods (assume the downfall of the dd was a serious nutrition imbalance your body was forcing you to try to correct), then back to your regularly scheduled program the next day.

For the husband food thing, argh, been there done that, it is very difficult. I have now taken to making extra on my ud's and putting away a meal for him in a pyrex dish, which I can throw in the oven on my dd and add a salad or what ever veggies I am having or some sort of grain (he does not care for fish). He also sometimes uses these as lunches at work. I keep them in the freezer.

Also, you should note that my plan is not low carb, depending on your definition of low carb, as veggies do have serious carbs. However, I do not generally eat most grains, and I never eat them on dd's (well I never plan to eat them on dd's), but I am not low carb by any means as I eat fruit and lots of veggies.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X