No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demuralist~ glad you had a great Easter!

Lucas~ maybe changing your eating window will help? Being the daily weigher that I am I most definetly notice a cause and effect on the scale though i at times have those random "whooshes" where I'll drop for no reason as well.

I was up 3 after Easter and now after my dd yesterday I'm 165.6, not the drop I was looking for but to call yesterday a dd is a bit of a stretch. I have all this left over ham enticing me and I kept sneaking a piece here and there out of the fridge yesterday. I'm sure I had more of a 1000 cal day than 500 so that's why it wasn't an impressive drop. Anywho, 4.6 lbs of vacay weight left to go! Hope that if I step up my efforts I'll see it gone by the end of the week. Trying use up all that ham, I made ham and potato soup, had a ham and cheddar omelette this morning. Gonna throw the bone in the freezer for a future soup, then tonight for dinner were having tacos on lettuce shells. My husband lost 11.5 lbs his first week primal 265 lbs to 253.4 lbs! I hope that's motivating enough to keep him on the right path!

Just read this http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-i...ge-2/#comments what do you guys think? For me it explains why I've lost this weight 3 times and gained it back!
    Veronica
    High weight: 263.8 lbs
    Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
    Current weight: 177.6 lbs
    Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Very interesting article. As an overweight kid (and adult), helps explain why it seems harder for me than for others. Sobering, but also very true -- I will always have to work very hard at this.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Howdy fastfriends,

getting back on track... I'm four LG says for seven so far in April....

Hugs,
        Luke
        Goals:
        • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
        • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Oh I know ! It says the fat cells are determined in adolescence ages 9-13. Guess who started packing on the pounds at age 10?! This girl! At 6th grade I was 150 lbs, 8th grade graduation 183 lbs, high school graduation 220 lbs. at age 20 I weighed 240 lbs and lost 90 lbs in 6 months with a very intense low calorie diet. Gained it all back plus 20 within 3 years. Then I lost 74 lbs in 7 months on that same diet( 6 week body makeover) and then got pregnant and gained it all back. Then I lost 50 lbs with weight watchers and gained 40 lbs back. Then I found primal and here I am 2 years later and down another 90 lbs. sigh can you say yoyo dieting?!

Even though my predetermined fat cells are against me and always waiting for me to slip up and fill back up, I know with primal eating and lifestyle I have the necessary tools to battle it. I've always said that watching my weight/dieting was my lot in life, I just didn't know why!
          Veronica

Comment

• Genius-boy here ran headlong into an oreo cookie last night... it came out of nowhere and ambushed me - I never had a chance... still on 4 LG days for April... .... im still in better shape than I was when I started doing lean gains again at the beginning of March, but I need to stop stumbling and fumbling around.... jeeesh!

I hope you guys are having a more disciplined day

Hugs,
            Lucas
            Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• One Oreo? Pffft! I've been attacked by malted eggs and peanut butter m&ms ....finally had to just throw everything out. Still IF ing, but need to tighten up my eating!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Sounds like were all in the same boat, still doing ADF but can't keep my calories under control :/ today was a dd and I managed to avoid eating till 2:30 but i can't seems to stop picking things here and there, closer to 1000 cal day again. My mom suggested I take a break from adf but I feel like I already did on my vacation and I've been fumbling to stick to it since I got back. Was 164 today so that's good but I've just been feeling super bingy lately , perhaps my TOM is around the corner.....
                Veronica

Comment

• We do seem to be all in the same boat. I had a run in with some left over coconut frosting yesterday.

I would tell you to not stop the ADF as your mom suggests, but perhaps for a week or two have your down days be 800 calories then work your way down to 500. Guilt and stress make it harder to stick to a plan.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi there fast friends,

Tonya, it was actually three oreos... but my denial is well-developed, so after the first one I just go 'hmmm... this isnt happening, this never happened'... haha... 'it's funny because its true'

Doing good today... made it to five days of 18-hour fasts for April, and I'm now going for number 6... got a good long run in this morning as well, which always leaves me pumped up with endorphins for the day....

Demuralist... coconut frosting? Mmmmmm.... I'm having a homer simpson moment... yum!

it can suck when things get frustrating and you're slipping and stumbling... goodness knows I do it enough... eventually I seem to get back on an even keel and get a rhythm going again, though... I hope that's starting today...

Hugs.
                    Luke
                    Goals:

Comment

• I love the beauty of IF for that reason. New day. New resolve. If I have a messy eating day I know I can clean up my act tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Ok I allowed that frosting to mess up 2 fast days in a row, with a very generous helping on the non fast day between, so in the trash it went. Seriously I cannot allow the enemies into the house for extended periods.

I am driving to visit my children at college tomorrow, so I will do an eating window. It is a non fasting day, but a tight eating window will feel good. Because even though that frosting is absolutely amazing going in, it sits like a rock in the stomach, at least the quantity I had.

My daughter is co-director of a group that, among other events, puts on a week of events that are essentially about sex education/consent/gender based violence/etc. Tomorrow is the last day and they end the week with a drag show where the directors all cross dress and lip sync. The money that gets thrown into the stage is then used to help fund next year's events. I am going to see her in her last one as she graduates in May.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi there fast friends!

Just finished my sixth LG fast in April... 6 for 10... now comes the weekend... always the tricky part... so I'm going for day 7 between now and Saturday morning...

Demuralist, I hope the weekend event goes well! It's great that your daughter is doing that work.. I work in human rights, and a lot of what we do focuses on women's rights...

Hugs,
                          Lucas
                          Goals:

Comment

• Congrats on another success and good luck with the weekend.

I am very proud of my daughter for sure. It has been a very hard road to get these events on the campus of a public college. And now students from 2 more of our state universities are doing their own versions of similar events with the help of my daughter and her co- director. Spreading awareness is a very good thing.

Working for something bigger than we are is really what being here on the planet is all about. Congrats on your human rights work.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Lucas~ keep it up!

Tonya~ I agree that with this style of eating tomorrow's a new day, however one can get in trouble with that line of thinking as well. Messed up today, oh well there's tomorrow, mess up tomorrow, oh well there's the next day etc etc and before you know it it's been a week/ month and you've made no progress. It reminds me of when I used to start my diet on Monday , mess up and then say oh well I'll start again Monday and then would binge eat the rest of the week. I've got to be really careful I don't fall into this pattern.

Demuralist~ sounds like your daughter is doing good work and it also sounds like it would be a blast! Hope you had fun at the show! Also I agree if there is something in your house that you can't keep your hand out of you need to dispose of it quickly! For me it's these olive oil kettle cooked chips, we buy them cause they are primal(just barely) and something that's nice to have when we make burgers or hot dogs but as soon as a bag is opened I make several stops at the pantry grabbing a handful here and there and before I know it I've eaten the entire bag! I need to stop buying them, I can't trust myself with it.

So yesterday I was feeling really down on myself and felt like this week was a total failure and then I realized I ended last week at 167.2 and I'm ending this week at 164 , that's 3.2 lbs and actually awesome so what it my problem?! I think it's cause I know I could have done way better this week. Still haven't gotten my calories or carbs under control and again only walked 3 days and did workout DVD once. Last few days I have had a bit of a sinus/ cold thing going on so I haven't felt like exercising. Still have 3 lbs to re-lose, so looks like might take a week longer. I need to remind myself I'm not racing anyone and that its ok if it takes some time but I also feel this sense of urgency since I am close to goal that i want to get there as quickly as possible.
                              Veronica

Comment

• Lucas~ keep it up!

Tonya~ I agree that with this style of eating tomorrow's a new day, however one can get in trouble with that line of thinking as well. Messed up today, oh well there's tomorrow, mess up tomorrow, oh well there's the next day etc etc and before you know it it's been a week/ month and you've made no progress. It reminds me of when I used to start my diet on Monday , mess up and then say oh well I'll start again Monday and then would binge eat the rest of the week. I've got to be really careful I don't fall into this pattern.

Demuralist~ sounds like your daughter is doing good work and it also sounds like it would be a blast! Hope you had fun at the show! Also I agree if there is something in your house that you can't keep your hand out of you need to dispose of it quickly! For me it's these olive oil kettle cooked chips, we buy them cause they are primal(just barely) and something that's nice to have when we make burgers or hot dogs but as soon as a bag is opened I make several stops at the pantry grabbing a handful here and there and before I know it I've eaten the entire bag! I need to stop buying them, I can't trust myself with it.

So yesterday I was feeling really down on myself and felt like this week was a total failure and then I realized I ended last week at 167.2 and I'm ending this week at 164 , that's 3.2 lbs and actually awesome so what it my problem?! I think it's cause I know I could have done way better this week. Still haven't gotten my calories or carbs under control and again only walked 3 days and did workout DVD once. Last few days I have had a bit of a sinus/ cold thing going on so I haven't felt like exercising. Still have 3 lbs to re-lose, so looks like might take a week longer. I need to remind myself I'm not racing anyone and that its ok if it takes some time but I also feel this sense of urgency since I am close to goal that i want to get there as quickly as possible.
                                Veronica

Comment

Working...
                                X