No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of the rest of you guys notice that after several days of IF that you have a ravenous day?? I feel like happens to me from time to time where I can just tell I need to eat breakfast and catch up that day or something. It's a different type of hunger...like I might get sick...hot and faint.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Tonya- I def have those kinda of hunger days, maybe it's our bodies telling us we are deficient in something? I mean other than calories lol!

Well I lost the 1.5 from my ud , so 167.2 just like Monday. Makes me feel like a wasted a dd :/ I hate re-losing weight I had already lost, it's not as exciting as losing new weight and it feels like you are wasting time. Anywho still 6.2 lbs left and I highly doubt I'll lose it by Friday so it'll take longer than the week I wanted. But when I gained 15 lbs on a 10 day vacation it took me 2 weeks to re-lose that weight so I'm figuring it'll probably be the same.

Had a nice fatty breakfast even though I wasn't very hungry this morning, but as I meal planned my day I wasn't hiting my max calories so I had to have it. I left a little wiggle room in case I get snacky later so I won't go over like I have been all week. Today will be nice though, making a chocolate brownie mug cake with whipped cream so I'm looking forward to that.

Never got back to the 2nd half of my dvd yesterday so that's on my agenda today and then off for my walk! Ttyl!
      Veronica
      High weight: 263.8 lbs
      Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
      ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
      Current weight: 177.6 lbs
      Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• vlo...speaking from experience...I wonder if it would be more encouraging for you to weigh once a week?? That way you're seeing the trend, and not the constant up and down along with the emotions that accompany???

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi there fast friends!

Vero, I never weigh myself for precisely the reasons Tonya points to... I think water retentions and goodness-knows-what other factors can make my fluctuate in ways that have nothing to do with how much bodyfat I'm actually carrying... so I just rely on the mirror test...

Im just starting my April 'lean gains' effort today, because I blew it yesterday... oh well... thankfully the trend is definitely taking me in the right direction... so I'm aiming for 25 'lean gains' IF days on April, following and 18-6 breakdown... wish me luck!

Hugs,
          Lucas
          Goals:
          • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
          • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• I usually have one of those hunger days every couple of weeks and oddly it has not generally created an up tick on the scale.

On my up days, I am working really hard at learning to listen to my body and not pre determining what I should eat. I don't track on those days because of that and because it makes it feel like a diet instead of the way I am eating for the rest of my life.

I weigh daily. I have 2 places that I track that. In one of them I post every time I get on the scale. In the other, I only track if the number is lower than previous numbers. Both scales show the downward trend, but one is jaggedy. But I have been doing it for so long that the ups and downs appear very small. If I don't weigh I feel like I have lost a piece of information I will never be able to retrieve. Also, the last time I decided to stop weighing and just use clothes and my naked reflection to keep my size in check I gained a huge amount of weight. I totally managed to kid myself.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So the one thing I was looking forward to eating all day didn't happen! I didn't realize I didn't have any almond flour so I couldn't make it! Argh! Super upsetting! Oh well had two pieces of dark chocolate instead.

As for weighing daily it's been a habit of mine for 12 plus years so idk if I can stop . The brief times I have stopped and then got back on I've put on substantial weight. It sort of keeps me in check and let's me know on a day to day basis how my choices affect my body whether it be bloat or fat. I'd love to get to a place where I can do it once a week, perhaps at maintenance.

If I don't calorie count I over eat,I've never been any good at intuitive eating. I must say I didn't count for about 4 months after losing the bulk of my weight and maintained that whole time. Again just being primal pretty much keeps my on maintenance weight but I have to calories count and watch carbs to lose.
              Veronica

Comment

• Whelp 850 cals on my dd today. Didn't eat dinner till almost 7 pm which was just too late, in the 20 minutes it took for my fish to cook I had stuffed my mouth full of pork rinds and plantain chips. I need to eat by 4 or 5 but today was my daughters swim class so it was either eat at 2:30 or eat at 7 :/ hope I make still make some progress for tomorrow's weigh in. Was up 1 lb from my up day so we shall see.
                Veronica

Comment

• I sometimes plug in my food on my up days and usually find I did not overeat as much as I thought. So now I just don't bother.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Howdy fast friends,

Day 1 down, 24 to go... day from hell in work today, with lots to tension among colleagues (and resultant chocolate craving in me... Anyway, it's 11pm and I'm off to collapse into bed...

Hugs to all!
                    Luke
                    Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Lucas, Fantastic that you were able to stick to it through stress, congrats!

Veronica, I started making my morning coffee as a cold brew and find it does not need cream to taste good. It is just as strong but much mellower. I drink iced coffee so it just made sense to try it. Anyway it saves me that 100 calories I was using in the morning to use later in the day. I still use cream on my up days though.
                      Last edited by demuralist; 04-03-2015, 10:05 AM.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Demuralist~ I was just thinking the other day that perhaps I should switch to green tea on dd's, so I'll def have to try cold brewing coffee, thanks for the suggestion!

Lucas~ ew I hate those kind of days but it's a good thing you stuck it through!

Sigh. 167.2 lbs is my weight this morning. I've made no progress since Monday and still have 6.2 lbs of vacation weight to lose. I took too many liberties this week with calories and carbs and am going to buckle down more this next week. Also my excercise hasn't gotten back on track either, only walked 3 times this week and did my dvd once. Gotta kick that back up a notch.
                        Veronica

Comment

• Well, first, sorry Veronica, somehow I cannot get the idea that your name is Valerie out of my head!!! I apologize. Second, for the cold brew, I put a cup of coarse grounds in a mason jar, filled it with filtered water, covered it, put in fridge for about 15 hours (did it in the afternoon and overnight). Then I filtered the grounds out (pour over method) and added enough water to make a half gallon of coffee. Keep in the fridge. I use it up in about 4 days and it tastes just as good day 4 as it did day 1.

It is very hard to turn things around after you let loose on vacation. You will get there, this is a journey not a race.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Thanks for the recipe demuralist!

Well the day after my week weigh in I lost 3 lbs overnight , after an ud!?? I don't get my body sometimes. Then I dropped another pound after my d's so this morning I was 163.4 , only 2.4 lbs left from vacay. But it being Easter today I totally over indulged. I cooked everything myself so it was all primal but I know carbs were through the roof and I used a lot of maple syrup and honey in my recipes so too much sugar. But it was a good day spent almost entirely outside in the sun. All the food turned out wonderful and my kids had fun. So all in all worth it. Hope you all had a nice Easter!
                            Veronica

Comment

• We went to a picnic, weather was lovely, spent the day with good friends, it was a great day!

Food was not primal or even remotely healthy, it was however fantastic. Today is a non-fasting day as well. Tomorrow I am back on track.

The number I see on the scale almost never has any relation to what I did the day before. Sure when I first started the 4:3, it did show what I expected, down after a down day and up after an up day. But now, it shows smaller fluctuations generally with a slowly downward trend. I find it very interesting, but not particularly informative.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Hi there fastfriends!

I haven't posted for a couple of days, but things are going ok... Im on three for six... that's three days of 18-hour fasts so far this month... it's not the storming start I was hoping for in April, but that's ok...

veronica, there is no rhyme or reason to what my body does, at least when it comes to food... I'm into running, and I spent ages trying to work out what the perfect combination of foods would be to make me lose fat and have lots of energy for my morning run... but in the end I had to accept it's the cumulative effect of my general diet, over weeks and months, that makes the difference...

Anyway, I hope you're all having a happy monday..

LG days in April so far: 3

Hugs,
                                Lucas
                                Goals:

Comment

Working...
                                X