No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Had a really good consistent IF week...so far 😏 remembering how much better I feel sleeping without a full belly helps me to not snack after dinner!

Go Lucas!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Just back late tonight, will report tomorrow but wanted to congratulate Lucas on getting his LG groove on, the pudge is on notice!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi there fast friends!

Thanks demuralist! I'm definitely making progress, albeit with some hiccups along the way... I wiped out on Friday and Saturday... well, not quite wiped out - I remained primal but there was no fasting, no sir! dinner and lunch and all sorts... ... oh well, back on track today, thank goodness!

Hugs,
        Lucas
        Goals:
        • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
        • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Hello fast friends,

Everyone's disappeared... ..... it's so ronereee around here! ANyway, I'm getting back on IF track after my weekend of shame... This morning marked my 15th 'lean gains' day in march. 15 out of 24 isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but I think I'm making slow progress... here goes number 16... wish me luck!

Hugs,
          Lucas
          Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• you can do it!!! Maybe, to assuage guilt, you should just allow yourself the weekend off, and hit it hard during the week. Gotta live right?

Today is a 500 calorie day for me. So far so good, but then I have been at work all day so it is pretty easy to this point. I will make myself an omelet for dinner tonight. Will keep myself busy the rest of the evening. I have a ton of yard work to catch up on, want to practice at least an hour a day on my calligraphy, and I have 2 baby blankets to knit for twins due in early summer. That on top of my normal life of course.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Very difficult to get back into the VLCalorie days after not doing them for a while. Yesterday, I made good quality food choices, just a few too many of them. Likely came closer to 1000 calories than 500, but I did lose this morning so that helps motivate me to continue with the good choices and not try to sneak in treats or worse, junk!

Today is a non-fasting day, and tomorrow is another shot at the 500 calorie fast.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Last day of vacay today. I did 16/8 fast 5 out of 7 days. I was pretty conscious of my choices the first 3 days or so then it kinda all went out the window. I feel very bloated and gassy but that's to be expected when I add wheat back into my diet. I can't decide if tomorrow is going to be a dd or if I should just concentrate on keeping it primal and then do a dd then next day. I guess my weight tomorrow will help me decide. I brought my dvd with but only ended up doing it once :/ but the last two days a lot of walking happened so I hope i haven't derailed my progress by too much.

Demuralist~ that first dd is always a toughy, I'm sure the next one will come more naturally.

Lucas~ I agree with demuralist maybe taking the pressure off on the weekends will make you feel less like your cheating. Aim for 5 out 7 days of the week.
                Veronica
                High weight: 263.8 lbs
                Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Last two days I've been hun-gry.....like bottomless pit hungry. IF is going well...been sticking to my 16/8 more or less...sometimes 15/9. Any of you find that happening? I feel like I cycle in and out of having times like that. Need to get to the store...had a hard time staying primal while feeding my hungry belly. Cupboards a little slim around here...

Sounds like you all are hanging in there! Have a great day all!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I most definitely go through phases in which my very low calorie days are a breeze, and then suddenly for no apparent reason they become a chore (and that basically translates to not so very low calorie). When I am in that phase, I generally just switch to a limited eating window. But I am not a breakfast person, and have gotten out of the habit of eating late, so a tight window of 5 or 6 hours is not really that hard. I can however stuff quite a lot of food into a window even as small as an hour!

Today is a VLCal kinda day. I have errands to run after work, so I won't get home until after my witching hour, so I anticipate a successful day.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Hi there fastfriends!

Thanks for you encouragement guys... ... so I forgot to check in yesterday, but I stayed on the straight and narrow and clocked up another lean gains days... I stayed on track again yesterday, so this morning i completed my 17th LG day in March... feeling good!!

Tonya, hunger is a funny thing... I find that it passes if I can just wait out the hour or two when it hits... I know there's a failry simple body chemistry thing going on that makes that happen, but I can't recall the details... anyway, when hunger hits I just try to tell myself - "wait until 'current time + 2 hours' and see if you're still so hungry". The hunger will almost always have passed by then... if I tell myself 'I'm starving... and I can't eat for another 15 hours???'.... well, that doesnt work out so well for this little bear...

Demuralist, I'm just like you... a busy schedule is conducive to fasting success... yesterday I was so slammed all day I literally didnt have a chance to think about food...all a bit stressful, but good for the waistline

Hugs,
                      Lucas
                      Goals:

Comment

• My biggest issue with not being able to put off eating is work avoidance. If I have a chore I don't particularly want to do, preparing and eating and cleaning up a meal will put it off for a while. I do much better once I have started even the most onerous task, because then I just want to get it done. And if I can put off eating, the hunger definitely goes away. I get it in waves, with each successive wave slightly stronger than the last and with them getting closer with each wave as well.

However, often, just putting something in my mouth will kickstart it, and create a situation in which I can't seem to stop eating. This is why it is best for me to hold off until 5 or 6pm to eat. If I eat something that looks like a lot of food (large chopped salad with homemade dressing or roasted veggies with a splash of olive oil), with a lean protein source (fish of some sort), those are the very low calorie days that are most successful. Especially if I don't walk into the house until 5!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Back to the drawing board! Got back from my trip and didn't get home till 2 am and we all went to bed and stayed asleep till almost 11 am, could have easily made this a down day but I didn't and ate junk for lunch and dinner and I paid for it dearly as I had the worst headache ever! I don't take pain relievers and I was very tempted to so you know it was bad! Weighed in this morning at 173.6 lbs, so that's a 12.6 lb gain. Basically I'm back to my ADF start weight minus 1 lb. sigh, I was hoping to avoid putting it all back on but i wasn't just making bad choices, the last 3 days or so I noticed some real binge eating which I haven't done for quiet some time. Just goes to show how addicting processed wheat and sugar filled foods really are.

So anywho dd#1 starts today for me. I think it's gonna be tough cause I'll also be going thru carb and sugar withdrawals but I zneed to get this weight off stat. I feel gassy and bloated and very uncomfortable. Sick even. Blah! Got a busy day planned so hopefully it won't be too bad.
                          Veronica
                          High weight: 263.8 lbs
                          Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
                          ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
                          Current weight: 177.6 lbs
                          Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Hi there fast friends!

Well, I made it to the 18 day mark for March... Hopefully I can make it 20 by April 1...

Veronica, so sorry to hear you had such a crappy day... I've had a booming headache all day today myself - I caved in and took the painkillers though... I think we all have slips and stumbles - goodness knows I seem to have them with some regularlity! I think it's just a case of getting back on the horse and keeping moving forward... in time the cumulative effect of all this self-restraint will deliver rewards - the slips are all part of the journey - so I wouldn't say you're back to square one; you're just climbing over another obstacle that was in your path... I hope you're headache has gone away!

Hugs,
                            Lucas
                            Goals:

Comment

• Lucas, Congrats on 18!!!

Veronica, So sorry about the rebound and the headache.

Yesterday was an excellent fast day. Had my normal cream in coffee in the morning, then tea and more tea throughout the day, then spinach and salmon for dinner, then more tea. done. today is a non-fasting day and it is going well.

This weeks fasting schedule may get a bit messed up, I usually do Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and Sunday I have to do a prep for a colonoscopy (sorry TMI), so all clear liquids, I won't be counting calories though. Monday I will sleep through most of the day as the anesthesia wears off after the procedure. Tuesday is supposed to be gorgeous so I may change work days to Wed, Thurs, Friday and then I would also switch fast days to Wed and Friday as they are much easier when I am at work.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Whatcha doing this weekend?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X