No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks demuralist! Well, i stayed fasted from lunchtime yesterday through to 10am today, which was another 18-hour fast... so that's 9 days so far in March... 'progress not perfection', as they say.. i'm glad I managed to keep a clean sheet on saturday, despite the fact that I kinda blew it on friday, because it's the weekend days that are challenging for me...

Anyway, I hope you're all having a fun fasting weekend

Hugs,
    Lucas
    Goals:
    • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
    • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Hey guys, thanks I didn't realize I lost 100 lbs either it sorta crept up on me lol! I weighed 263 6 years ago I dropped some after that and hovered any where from 255 to 230's for several years after that till I finally found primal 2 years ago. So I've lost 70 lbs since becoming primal and doing ADF. It's a long journey and it feels so good to be within 20 lbs of my goal.

Actually as of this morning I'm 162.8 so I'm 17.8 lbs away from goal! Surreal! I'm sure a plateau is around the corner and I'm well aware that last 10 lbs can be really hard to lose though. Today is an ud thank god! Yesterday I was very hungry and ate dinner way too early at 3 pm then started to get hungry again at 8:30 :/ also my baby had a hard night with cough runny nose and fever so again I'm on very little sleep. Really didn't want to skip my workout today but idk where I'll get the energy to do it. I leave for my trip on Wednesday so tomorrow is my last dd till I return. So far I'm down 2 lbs for week two of adf so I feel good about that.

Lucas~ I'm going to attemp doing the 6 hour eating window like you do on my trip I'll let u know how it goes!

Demuralist~ slow and steady wins the race as they say. I truely only think I've lost faster recently because I'm also nursing on top of everything else I'm doing! As for the whole skin thing, I def have wrinkly skin on my belly and some on my inner thighs, Its bounced back more than I expected it to but I did abuse my body for years and I know I will carry the scars of that forever. I say I might not be able to look good in a bikini after it's said and done but I sure will look cute in a pair of jeans
      Veronica
      High weight: 263.8 lbs
      Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
      ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
      Current weight: 177.6 lbs
      Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Hi there fast friends,

Made it to ten days (out of 16) this morning... just had lunch, not starting on day 11! Yay!

Hugs,
        Lucas
        Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Originally posted by exsugaraddict View Post
          Hi there fast friends,

Made it to ten days (out of 16) this morning... just had lunch, not starting on day 11! Yay!

Hugs,
          Lucas
          Lucas

i just started reading about lean gains and i didnt realize it was a 16/8 time frame. i think ive been doing this for quite some time without realizing it. i usually never ate breakfast and at about noon would eat something and i typically wouldnt eat past 8 or 9 pm. it seems though that there are other rules to follow like on workout days which meal should be your largest etc.

do you calorie count as well Lucas?

Its interesting reading about the different ways one can fast, theres ADF, leangains, Eat stop Eat, the warrior diet. its nice to have options in case one hits a plataue you can shake it up and try another way. i think for vacation a 16/8 will work nicely from 12-8pm.of course there will be alot of non-primal things on the menu so idk if it even help at all but im still going to try.
          Veronica

Comment

• Today is my last dd, so far so good but it's only noon. Feeling hungry already and because my daughter has swim class I don't get home till 6:30 tonight. So question is whether to eat a early dinner at 3 pm or wait till 6:30 :/ I'm leaning towards earlier just cause I don't want to be hangry with my kids in the hustle and bustle helping change and shower my daughter while have my son strapped to my back. Today's weight after yesterday's ud is only up .6 so I'm pretty sure I'll have another drop after today of at least a half pound, which would put me at 2.5 lbs for the week, I hope we shall see tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!
            Veronica

Comment

• Hope you are all doing well, it's been quiet for a few days around here.

Ok so results for week# 2 is a loss of 3.8 lbs! Dropped another 1.8 after my dd, kinda sad to stop for the week I feel like I'm on a roll! So my weight is 161 lbs , only 16 lbs away from goal! I've lost a total of 13.8 lbs with two weeks of adf. I'm nothing but pleased as I didn't even expect it to be that much.

So i leave for vacay tonight and my tentative plan is to do a 16/ 8 fast while on vacation, I'll keep you guys posted!
              Veronica

Comment

• Hi there Vero!

I forgot to check-in yesterday... In answer to your questions, I don't count calories... I just 'keep it primal' in a very general way, and I've been following a 18-hour fast / 6 hours normal eating approach... when I've did Lean Gain a few years ago I found it 'rock my world' effecting... I dropped all my excess podge pretty quickly... I found that I needed to be doing it at least five days (and ideally 6) days out of seven though... 14lbs in two weeks is incredible!

Hugs,
                Lucas

Today I just completely my 12th day in March... so that's 12 out of 18... I'm off course if I wanted to see dramatic fat loss... in fact I'm probably just in the maintenance zone... so I need to step giving myself days off!

Do keep us posted on how you're getting on on your vacation... travel is always the danger zone for me... it sounds like you're doing great though...
                Goals:

Comment

• I am on vacation right now, so I am following an 18:6. Basically I have coffee in the morning, which technically breaks the fast because I use cream, but since it is zero carb I don't count it. ( I know it does, but it is my way). Then around 2:30 I have an apple with almond butter and 6:00 dinner is protein and a salad (yesterday it was steak and salad, today it will be chicken).

I only expect something near maintenance till I get back home.

Have fun on your vacation, V!

Lucas, since you are fasting more this month than last, I can't believe you are not making at least some headway. I bet as you start to settle in you will be more compliant.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Just now checking in from over the weekend. I did continue IF every day through the weekend...but fairly sure I wasn't at a calorie deficit. 😏 Still working on that balance of healthy eating and allowing splurges. Yesterday was a bit messed up...but due to random circumstances. Helped drive a friend to a treatment center five hours away so had to get up at 3am. So yesterday's eating patterns were messed up to say the least. Headed off to workout and lift fasted. New day...good choices!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• New to MDA and this thread. Wanted to add that I have been doing IF for a few years, typically once per week. Tuesdays or Wednesdays tend to work best for me and my schedule. From the time I wake up on Tuesday (or Wednesday), I don't consume anything except water and/or herb tea until lunch the following day. Took some getting used to, but now it's relatively easy, I look forward to it, and I rarely struggle with hunger. I found that it helps me tremendously to forgo taking any vitamins/supplements during the fasting period, as that tended to make me ravenously hungry. I work out as usual the first day of the fast, but not before breaking it on the second day. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether this is a good or bad way to do IF?

Comment

• I just read an article that a study was recently published on that very subject. I can't find it now but maybe a quick google search will bring it up. I am away from a computer this week and the phone is too difficult for this right now.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hey guys made it safely to to my destination. Today I started my 16/8 ate some gluten free pretzels which aren't exactly primal but I'm not gonna worry too much about that on this trip. Gonna make the best possible choices and not sweat it. My husband ran out and grabbed pizza for lunch, can't get much more SAD than that. I opted for Brazilian sausage with a side of yucca fries. Most undoubtly fired in bad oils but a better option than pizza.

Jon, I think your doing a eat stop eat style , which is one or two days of 24 hour fasting per week I think. I think that's really good if you can do it. You are definetley getting the benefits from fasting.

Demuralist ~ I do the same thing in regards to coffee, it technically breaks the fast but I don't care I'm still gonna do it!

Ok peeps check ya later!
                          Veronica

Comment

• hello fast friends,

So 10am this morning marked my 13th Lean Gains IF day so far in March… woohoo!… I feel like I'm starting to get back into the rhythm of IF...

Demuralist, thanks for the message… I feel like I am seeing a little progress, but at this stage I'm sure it's just water loss… I'm not big on weighing myself, so I wait for the longer-term reward of actually seeing a podge-free tummy areas... patience and consistency is my focus for now

Veronica, pizza is the devil! The devil I say! Get behind me satan!

Tonya, up at 3am?? Owwww! My face hurts just thinking about it…

Hugs to all,
                            Lucas
                            Goals:

Comment

• hello fast friends,

Hey, where did everyone go?

Just got the end of my 14 'LG' day in March... I seem to be getting into the rhythm of IF again, which makes me happy - this podge has got to go!

Hugs,
                              Lucas
                              Goals:

Comment

• I think everyone is vacationing
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X