No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 pounds in a week seems like a bit of a reach, even if it is your first week back. Careful not to let your disappointment with the scale put you in a mood that might actually derail your progress.

When I travel, I generally just stick to one meal a day. That way I allow myself to savor the flavors of the place that I am in without going overboard and without feeling deprived. The rest of the time I focus on the destination itself.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^ I do what Chris does. On my last several vacations, I've come back the same weight or sometimes a loss (depending on how active we are). The one time I did come back with a gain (it was not a one meal thing), I dropped the weight within a week by getting back on the track the very next day.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Hi there fastfriends!

Veronica, it sounds to me like you're doing great! it's a pain to get on the scales and see a rise, but the process is like a diagonal spiral, I think.. some days you go in the opposite direction, but the overall trajectory is upward (or perhaps, I should say downward)... keep it up!

I'm ahppy to be back on the 'lean gains' wagon... I just completed another 18-hour fast, so that's seven days out of 12 so far in March..

Hugs,
        Lucas
        Goals:
        • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
        • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Ok peeps I pulled a miracle out of my you know what cause I dropped that 3 lbs after my dd! So that's a total of 10 lbs lost for my first week on adf! Woot woot! I think I gained that 3 after my up days cause my carbs were super high that day and I drank a live soda kombucha, maybe the probiotics has a party with the prebiotics and gave me bloat!? Idk anywho glad it's gone for now.

I think you guys are right I'll try to focus on a good quality meal and not let too many snacks and junk in while on vacation. I almost always gain 10 lbs when I travel but we're such foodies our destination is just as much about food as it is the sights. I went to PR this summer and gained 15lbs! But we were visiting family and PR food is almost always fried and terrible for you so not too surpriseing. It took me about two weeks to lose it so I know as long as I get back on track as soon as we get home it's manageable.
          Veronica
          High weight: 263.8 lbs
          Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
          ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
          Current weight: 177.6 lbs
          Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• Bravo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• herro fast friends!

Well, this morning at 10am was eighth 'Lean Gains' day of March. Now comes the big test - the weekend.... eeeeeek! When I did LG a few years back, I found that I needed to stay on program for at least five days out of the week to make real progress... six days out of the week and the fat just fell off... the weekend is always the challenge though, as there will no doubt be eating opportunities... wish me luck!

Lean Gains days in march so far: 8
              Hugs,
              Lucas
              Goals:

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• Good luck Lucas! I'm with ya...need to buckle down on the weekends too!

Comment

• Lucas, I can't remember if your LG plan is just about the timing or are you doing food restrictions of some sort as well? (besides Primal of course)
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Hi there guys!

demuralist - just doing 'nuts and bolts' primal... nothing special other than that (that's quite enough for this little bear! )

Tonya - yup, weekends are definitely my dark valley of temptation... let's check in here over the weekend to see how we get on... good luck!

Hugs,
                    Lucas
                    Goals:

Comment

• I have trouble when I am not at work, and since I only work 3 days a week, I have 4 day weekends. Very difficult indeed. Best for me to stay busy and out of the house.

Oh yes, 'nuts and bolts' primal is quite enough, add in the fasting and it is a challenge. By the end of the month you will be quite proficient at it though, it won't even take any thought at all!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Lucas, good idea. I'm follow a FB women's IF page as well. Those ladies encouraged me to try and stick with it everyday instead of taking weekends off. I think that might be the key for me. Talk to you all monday!

Comment

• Hey peeps! Dd going well, walked , did an hour dvd that's a combo of aerobic , strength training and yoga. I've just been hungry the last 2 hours so that's not too bad as I'll eat in an hour. Only up 1 lb from my ud so that's good. I agree with you guys weekends are tough cause you have more time to sit around and think about eating! Saturday is my ud but I work Saturdays so I'd almost prefer it to be a dd since I'm busy. That means Sunday when I'm relaxing at home with my family I'll be hungry and probably crabby:/
                          Veronica

Comment

• hope everyones weekend is going well. this morning i dropped another 1.4 after my dd so thats exciting! i have two more dd's till vacation and while im not expecting a huge loss since last week was so big, ill be happy if i do drop some more. ive noticed that i prefer to workout on dd's and not so much on ud :/ skipping today but i cant skip the next 4 days before my trip. im nervous i really am gonna hate to see that scale jump back up after vacation, sigh i just need to stop worrying about it.

its hard not to worry since this is the lowest ive weighed in 12 years. my all time high was 263lbs, as of today i now weigh 100lbs less than that. this was the weight i was at when i first met my husband which seems nuts to me, my lowest weight ever was 152lbs but i think i started gaining rapidly shortly after reaching that number.

i think a goal of 145lbs for a 5'4(really 5"3 3/4)33 year old with a medium build is good(not to mention ive had 2 kids). i had a friend tell me that when she and another friend saw me recently that the other friend had asked her if i was ok. like ive lost so much weight i look sick. this made me laugh. i told her you do realize that 164 lbs is still overweight, im still in a double digit in pants (12), i could still stand to lose 20lbs and i would still be considered at the top end of what i should weigh. i think people just see you drop alot of weight and think you are too thin but if they saw someone who started thin and got up to the 160's they think that person was fat. preception is a funny thing.
                            Veronica

Comment

• Hi there fast friends,

Well, I'm still on eight days... don't ask... ok, do... I went out last night and went to a dinner with friends... and had a glass of wine... and got happy... and then got hungry... and.... oh well.... I'm on course to make today my ninth lean gains day in March, though... nine our of 14 isn't quite mind-blowing, but it's better than zero!

veronica, you lost 100lbs?! That's amazing! That means you are officially one of those people who get called 'an inspiration'... and you are! well done!!

Hugs,
                              Lucas
                              Goals:

Comment

• Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Lucas, way better than zero! You are doing it more than you are not.

vlo, I never realized you had lost so much! Truly amazing!

I am currently at my lowest weight in 15 years also, but have only lost 55 to get to this point. I still have at least another 55 to go. I am 5'7" so I don't have to go as low as you do but I also started higher at 289. I am keeping a long term view because I got to where I was by trying to lose a lot quickly, succeeding only to gain it back and then some. So half a pound a week on average is perfect for me. It also gives my older skin (56 yo) the chance to spring back.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X