Alternate Day Fasting-Support and Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all,

I feel like I'm getting back into the rhythm of IF... and not before time!... I completed another 18-hour fast this morning, so that's four days so far in March... now comes the difficult part, however... the weekend! *makes scared face* .... I have a dinner tomorrow, so Saturday is going to be non-fasting... I'm going to try to fast 18 hours from today lunchtime until tomorrow morning though... keep up the good work Veronica and Demuralist!

Hugs
    Lucas
    Lean Gains fast days so far in March: 4
    Goals:
    • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
    • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• wow, Lucas you are kickin it, congrats. You should be seeing some serious changes there.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• First dd successfully completed! My big bowl of soup kept me satisfied the rest of the night which was awesome. Scale went down a little today but I'll report my loss after I've completed a full week. I wasn't really that hungry this morning surprisingly. But I have zero energy today, I went for my daily walk and I'm comtemplating skipping my excercise DVD because I got zero sleep last night ( fussy baby). I've already eaten breakfast and lunch and it's only 1 pm lol, but my stomach is cramping really bad, like I ate something that disagrees with me :/ breakfast with egg bacon cheese omelette and an apple and lunch was fish tacos on romaine lettuce shells with salsa, hot sauce and sour cream. So idk what it could be but I'm in a lot of pain, cramping is that bad
        Veronica
        High weight: 263.8 lbs
        Primal start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
        ADF start weight 10/12/15 : 188.2lbs
        Current weight: 177.6 lbs
        Goal: 145 lbs

Comment

• maybe it is not food related? sometimes the day after a dd I have slow bowels (sorry TMI), and that could be it, or (again TMI) that time of month?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Whelp idk what the heck made me so sick yesterday but TMI it completely cleared me out! I'm down total of 5.8 in the last two days which is crazy since yesterday was an up day and I did manage to eat all my calories despite being quite ill after lunch. I was fine by dinner though. Another sleepless night though so I might skip my excercise again today. So far so good though it's great to see that even though I weigh a lot less than the last time I did adf that it can still work for me!
            Veronica

Comment

• When I do ADF (ahem, not so much right now.......), I always some degree of TMI issues on my UDs. Not sure what happens. I do better if my first foods are pretty gentle (eggs, banana, etc.).
              -- Ruth

Comment

• ok, sorry for the TMI but, I think that the reason I so often do lose after an UD and not after a DD is that there is not enough waste to prime the pump, so to speak, after a DD and the extra after the UD moves it all along.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hi there friends,

Well, I blew it last night... went out for drinks with friends and then hunger struck when I got home... I gave in and ate some 'honey bunches' cereal... pure sugar! doh! I guess you have to have a slip once in a while... time to get back on the horse

Hugs,
                  Lucas
                  Goals:
                  • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
                  • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Comment

• And that to me is the beauty of this plan. It essentially is all about allowing yourself to let loose and get back on it the next day. Not cheating just a part of the plan.

I just try hard to make sure those times I go far afield are genuinely worth it. No guilt, just enjoyment.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Rms~ good tip, tomorrow for breakfast ill try a banana!

demuralist~ that makes sense since more waste would be created. i never used to have weight drops on up days before though so it was crazy to see an even bigger drop after an up day than a down day. i know though its only cause i got sick but ill take it!

Lucas~ days like those will happen, what i find is i try to stay primal, if i cant do that, i try to stay gluten free at least. and then there are the times where i do indulge in whatever and say tomorrow is a new day!

so today is dd #2 and i am miserable. baby was fussy again last night so no sleep. i actually got super dizzy this morning twice where i had to sit back down. brain fog and so hungry, way more hungry than dd#1. also although i like what im having for dinner i doubt its going to keep me as full as the pho soup but im at work today. i didnt feel the soup would travel well so instead i made a quick chicken avocado salad with cilantro and home made mayo. it looks like a pitiful amount compared to the huge serving i got from the soup :/ hope im not hungry an hour after eating it! its def one of those stare at the clock and count down the minutes till i can eat days.
                      Veronica

Comment

• Darn, hate those kind of days. I find it much easier if I stay busy. As soon as I get bored I get 'hungry'.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• *delurk*
                          Just saying hi to everyone in this interesting thread. This kind of fasting system appeals to me, so I've been reading for tips and motivation. Hoping it suit me too - going to give it a try.
                          *relurk*

Comment

• Jump on in. The flexibility of IF is fantastic. I actually practice a 4:3 because it is easier for me to know that Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday are always my down days though if needed I can switch out Saturday for Sunday.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Welcome steamroller!

Yesterday sucked, not gonna lie! I was ok after dinner but this morning felt weak and headachy. Had my coffee and cream and a banana and 2 slices of prosciutto. Then we went to wizard world in Chicago with the kids so I packed myself snacks. Macadamia nuts ,cherry pie larabar , and cheesestick. Still feel off as I haven't had one full meal yet but about to stop at a chipotle and get a salad bowl.
                              Scale went down another 3.6 lbs so I can't complain! I've already surpassed what I lost on my first week of adf 2 years ago and haven't even hit my week 1 yet! Hopefully I can keep it up but I have a feeling I'll def gain after today's up day.
                              Veronica

Comment

• I've only been doing IF for a few weeks. So far I really like how I feel though, and have been blown away by how great my fasted workouts go. I always thought I had to eat before working out or I'd die! I've been doing 16/8 or 14/10 maybe every other day?? Just wanted to pop in and say that there have been times I've had trouble with my gut after my "break" fast meal as well. I thought that was just me though because I do have trouble with that. (Lymphocytic colitis)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X