Favorite Internet Diet Gurus!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Internet Diet Gurus!

If you have a video from a favorite health or diet guru that you think may have an important message for the paleo community or humanity in general, then this is the place to post it! Personally I have not any favorites yet, but this lady seem to have something important to communicate, so she can have the honor of being the first “guru” out on this thread:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

If people would have listened, there's be no paleo...

Comment

Yeah, that Jack Lalanne sums it up. What else is there to say?

Comment

Great stuff Otzi, the late Jack LaLanne was a REAL guru though! I remember that he said something like; "If it tastes good - spit it out" and "If man made it, don't eat it!" That guy was far ahead of his time obviously, one of the paleo forefathers so to say...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          Great stuff Otzi, the late Jack LaLanne was a REAL guru though! I remember that he said something like; "If it tastes good - spit it out" and "If man made it, don't eat it!" That guy was far ahead of his time obviously, one of the paleo forefathers so to say...
          Yet, even he died on a good diet. Is there hope for any of us if he couldn't survive?

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
            Yet, even he died on a good diet. Is there hope for any of us if he couldn't survive?
            At least he made it to 96, and died of pneumonia because he was too stubborn to go to doctor. Other than that, they all say he was never sick a day in his life and worked out for 2 hours every morning at 5am.

Comment

I guess that we are all pretty much doomed, yes... The father of my father lived to his 102 years, LaLanne died at 96 if I remember correctly, but paleo, primal, or even vegans - they all dies and becomes worm fodder in the end! Sad but true..

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                Other than that, they all say he was never sick a day in his life and worked out for 2 hours every morning at 5am.
                That's pretty chronic, by standards of this board.

Comment

Nobody gets out alive!

But yeah, my man was doing fingertip pushups and hitting the gym right up until he succumbed to pneumonia. It ain't all about the years in your life.... Its the life in your years

Comment

He died in his late 90s which is pretty awesome. But, so did his brother, and I can't find anything to determine if it was lifestyle or just fantastic genes. Either way, I'm a fan of the guy. He ate fish toward the end of his life, proving you can teach an old dog new tricks.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

You know, not to get off track to the thread, but if Jack Lalanne would have been a bit more paleo, he'd probably still be alive. Some things he did that probably didn't help all that much: He ate bread (not much), drank a lot of veg juice, worked out a whole lot, and he was a very hyper man--travelling all over the world making appearances and promoting books right up until he died.

But, who can really say? I think he is a good guy to emulate, even if I can't do 1000 pullups and 1000 pushups in 1 hour like he did when he was 45.

Comment

Also: Jack LaLanne's 10 Strangest Stunts

In 1974, LaLanne turned 60, but he showed the world that, for him, age was just a number by once again swimming from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf. However, this time, he was not only handcuffed but also shackled. Oh, and he towed a 1,000-pound boat.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

^ Just awesome.

Comment

Here's the new Westin A Price Foundation's health guru and author of The Fiber Menace. Jack Lalanne he ain't!

It gets even better:

Last edited by otzi; 03-25-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

OMG! Anal sex causes constipation???? Now who's doing it wrong?

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                              X