Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you all do on dairy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you all do on dairy?

    I finished my first Whole30 a few days ago and last night I started reintroducing dairy. I had 1.5 cups of raw milk and 2T raw cream (OMG good!) but later I noticed some typical lactose intolerance symptoms esp nausea. It could have been from a crazy week, busy day, and poor sleep the night before though. Prior to the whole 30 I've never noticed any issues with dairy although I haven't had plain ol milk in ages.

    I started with milk as it's been forever since I've had any and I wanted to see how I'd do. Milk I can take or leave but the raw cream was freakin amazing! I'm going to give the milk a few more tries just to see if I tolerate it well or not then move onto the types I'd include semi-regularly like yogurt and cheese. I think I'll stick to mostly raw from now on if all goes well since luckily here in So Cal it's pretty easy to get and far superior to pasturized, obviously.

    I'm curious as to how well others do on dairy, how often you have it, and what kind?

  • #2
    Fantastic thanks for asking
    Make America Great Again

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome!

      You probably gave yourself an intolerance by doing the whole 30. Get some dairy in daily and you will be fine.

      Comment


      • #4
        I just ate a whole block of raw-milk cheese and drank a half pint of heavy whipping cream, if that tells you anything.

        Comment


        • #5
          It sounds like you're planning to ignore your body and re-introduce dairy anyway because you like the taste... dairy is one of the hardest things to quit, but IMO you'll be better off for it. I should say, *I* felt worlds better when I finally walked away from my yogurt addiction. Dairy is extremely insulinogenic, cow's milk is 80:20 casein to whey whereas human milk is 40:60 so make of that what you will... it stimulated my appetite, always led to overeating, mucous, bloating/other digestive issues. You're better off without the stuff. It isn't that hard to quit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2ndChance View Post
            It sounds like you're planning to ignore your body and re-introduce dairy anyway because you like the taste... dairy is one of the hardest things to quit, but IMO you'll be better off for it. I should say, *I* felt worlds better when I finally walked away from my yogurt addiction. Dairy is extremely insulinogenic, cow's milk is 80:20 casein to whey whereas human milk is 40:60 so make of that what you will... it stimulated my appetite, always led to overeating, mucous, bloating/other digestive issues. You're better off without the stuff. It isn't that hard to quit.
            Is one of the side effects of veganism cognitive dissonance?
            Make America Great Again

            Comment


            • #7
              You probably gave yourself an intolerance

              Hahahaha! Classic!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2ndChance View Post
                It sounds like you're planning to ignore your body and re-introduce dairy anyway because you like the taste... dairy is one of the hardest things to quit, but IMO you'll be better off for it. I should say, *I* felt worlds better when I finally walked away from my yogurt addiction. Dairy is extremely insulinogenic, cow's milk is 80:20 casein to whey whereas human milk is 40:60 so make of that what you will... You're better off without the stuff. It isn't that hard to quit.
                Yeah, I like the taste of dairy. I like the taste of donuts too. I know they're terrible for my body though so I'm not going to eat them. Thanks for the lecture but if you actually read my post you'd have known that I'm trying to figure out my tolerance for it. How much, if at all, and what kinds. That's what a reintroduction after a Whole30 is for. It doesn't mean I'm going belly flop into a pool of milk everyday.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                  You probably gave yourself an intolerance

                  Hahahaha! Classic!
                  It happens. I was intolerant of dairy after overloading my system with toxic PUFA and stress. After consuming it with easy to digest sugars like honey and maple syrup for about a week, I was able to drink straight milk again and had no problems.
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 0Angel0 View Post
                    Yeah, I like the taste of dairy. I like the taste of donuts too. I know they're terrible for my body though so I'm not going to eat them. Thanks for the lecture but if you actually read my post you'd have known that I'm trying to figure out my tolerance for it. How much, if at all, and what kinds. That's what a reintroduction after a Whole30 is for. It doesn't mean I'm going belly flop into a pool of milk everyday.
                    I think it is great that you are so methodical about it. Good luck with that. It cd. be useful to others as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 0Angel0 View Post
                      I finished my first Whole30 a few days ago and last night I started reintroducing dairy. I had 1.5 cups of raw milk and 2T raw cream (OMG good!) but later I noticed some typical lactose intolerance symptoms esp nausea. It could have been from a crazy week, busy day, and poor sleep the night before though. Prior to the whole 30 I've never noticed any issues with dairy although I haven't had plain ol milk in ages.

                      I started with milk as it's been forever since I've had any and I wanted to see how I'd do. Milk I can take or leave but the raw cream was freakin amazing! I'm going to give the milk a few more tries just to see if I tolerate it well or not then move onto the types I'd include semi-regularly like yogurt and cheese. I think I'll stick to mostly raw from now on if all goes well since luckily here in So Cal it's pretty easy to get and far superior to pasturized, obviously.

                      I'm curious as to how well others do on dairy, how often you have it, and what kind?
                      Hey 0Angel0,

                      I made a post asking the same thing quite recently, and it got great mileage: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78683.html
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                      In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                      - Ray Peat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I do fine on dairy, although I can't stand milk. I limit my dairy to yogurt and half and half for my coffee.
                        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

                        "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks, Yogabare! I'll check out that thread!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Derpamix, cigarettes are hard to quit, too. Does that mean they're good for you?

                            I just meant, I can't see why anyone would want to condition their body to accept dairy again when in its most detoxed state it rejects dairy products. It's common knowledge that donuts are bad but we've been inundated with dairy industry bullshit our whole lives to prevent us from seeing milk for what it is, a foreign substance designed for consumption by another species.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 2ndChance View Post
                              Derpamix, cigarettes are hard to quit, too. Does that mean they're good for you?

                              I just meant, I can't see why anyone would want to condition their body to accept dairy again when in its most detoxed state it rejects dairy products. It's common knowledge that donuts are bad but we've been inundated with dairy industry bullshit our whole lives to prevent us from seeing milk for what it is, a foreign substance designed for consumption by another species.
                              2nd chance, I have to say - i totally support you being vegan, but why masquerade as giving advice? Just be a troll like the rest of us
                              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                              In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                              - Ray Peat

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X