Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thyroid: why does it get more attention than Pituitary?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Omni View Post
    So why didn't you say that instead of making a stupid comment?
    Does this colour the quality of all your one liners?
    Corresponding conditional argument, and I fail to see how it was stupid in any way. Not my fault you, and others are unable to comprehend the example and context.
    Make America Great Again

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Corresponding conditional argument, and I fail to see how it was stupid in any way. Not my fault you, and others are unable to comprehend the example and context.
      Oh, of course. Everyone is too stupid to see how your stupid comment is a brilliant example of a higher level theoretically conditional postulation. What next, after we disable the HPTA should we reconstruct health by gulping down copious amounts of highly caffeinated sugar water?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
        Oh, of course. Everyone is too stupid to see how your stupid comment is a brilliant example of a higher level theoretically conditional postulation. What next, after we disable the HPTA should we reconstruct health by gulping down copious amounts of highly caffeinated sugar water?
        Sounds like a start. Then you can reconstruct the stick in your ass.

        Calling it stupid multiple times doesn't change anything, especially when you haven't got a clue about anything being discussed.

        I'll cite the reference to my original post here:

        The anti-aging action of hypophysect... [Mech Ageing Dev. 1983 Jul-Aug] - PubMed - NCBI

        inb4 hurr experiment on rat, ur stupid, stupid comment haha stupid experiment

        Look up Everett's hypophysectomy experiments. The point to take away is minimizing the workload of the pituitary is helpful in slowing down the aging process. Your thyroid is your workhorse.

        Look up Everett's hypophysectomy experiments. The point to take away is minimizing the workload of the pituitary is helpful in slowing down the aging process. Your thyroid is your workhorse.

        Look up Everett's hypophysectomy experiments. The point to take away is minimizing the workload of the pituitary is helpful in slowing down the aging process. Your thyroid is your workhorse.

        Until you understand.
        Make America Great Again

        Comment


        • #19
          Derp, my question is, whether or not it's worth eliminating the distinct hormonal advantages of having a pituitary to live a few extra years?
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

          Comment


          • #20
            And what do you think your cited study proves as it relates to the relative importance of the 'workhorse' thyroid gland vs. the 'might as well have a hypophysectomy' pituitary gland?

            Besides, the study seems to say more about the hypothalamus than the pituitary, really.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              Derp, my question is, whether or not it's worth eliminating the distinct hormonal advantages of having a pituitary to live a few extra years?
              I don't think there are any advantages of having normal or higher levels of pituitary, and have only seen positive effects of having it lowered or even suppressed(minimized prolactin, growth hormone)

              To the rest, specifically marcadav:

              A few people who had extremely low levels of pituitary hormones, and were told that they must take several hormone supplements for the rest of their life, began producing normal amounts of those hormones within a few days of eating more protein and fruit. Their endocrinologist described them as, effectively, having no pituitary gland. Extreme malnutrition in Africa has been described as creating “. . . a condition resembling hypophysectomy,” (Ingenbleek and Beckers, 1975) but the people I talked to in Oregon were just following what they thought were healthful nutritional policies, avoiding eggs and sugars, and eating soy products.

              http://raypeat.com/articles/articles...yroidism.shtml
              Make America Great Again

              Comment


              • #22
                Is lower thyroid activity linked to longevity?

                Might as well remove the entire endocrine system, could live forever!

                Just a conditional argument based on context....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
                  Is lower thyroid activity linked to longevity?

                  Might as well remove the entire endocrine system, could live forever!

                  Just a conditional argument based on context....
                  "The researchers suggest that the lower activity of thyroid hormones could shift the body's energy expenditure away from growth and proliferation in favor of protective maintenance, keeping the body healthier longer. However, other factors could be associated with both thyroid function and longevity, removing credit from the thyroid."

                  lel

                  Your googlefu is weak man, this is just nonsense.
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    "The researchers suggest that the lower activity of thyroid hormones could shift the body's energy expenditure away from growth and proliferation in favor of protective maintenance, keeping the body healthier longer. However, other factors could be associated with both thyroid function and longevity, removing credit from the thyroid."

                    lel



                    Your googlefu is weak man, this is just nonsense.
                    Not as credible as a 1983 study on collagen in rat tails? Although, I'm not allowed to mention that, as you poisoned the well on criticism of that study.

                    Speaking of nonsense: '...in fact removing it seems to extend life and delay the aging process. Stress promotes overexertion of the pituitary gland.'
                    Last edited by iconoclast79; 03-23-2013, 07:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
                      Not as credible as a 1983 study on collagen in rat tails? Although, I'm not allowed to mention that, as you poisoned the well on criticism of that study.

                      Speaking of nonsense: '...in fact removing it seems to extend life and delay the aging process. Stress promotes overexertion of the pituitary gland.'
                      Yes, I guess you can take pride in the fact your link has less credibility than a study done on rat tails. Now, if you may, refute the rest of my posts without resorting to meaningless straw man arguments.
                      Make America Great Again

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Low serum free triiodothyronine levels mark familial longevity: the Leiden Longevity Study. | ResearchGate

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          So, stress is hard on the pituitary, which is bad.

                          If that's what your saying, I agree. That means the pituitary functioning well is very important, right?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
                            So, stress is hard on the pituitary, which is bad.

                            If that's what your saying, I agree. That means the pituitary functioning well is very important, right?
                            It is hard on your pituitary, because stress causes over exertion of the pituitary and lowered thyroid function. With a healthy thyroid, your pituitary properly takes a backseat and doesn't have much to do with anything. Over stimulation of pituitary hormones causes problems.
                            Make America Great Again

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I don't know, all the thyroid in the world won't fix someone with stress induced adrenal fatigue.

                              Hormone systems are complex, it's futile to compartmentalize.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                I don't think there are any advantages of having normal or higher levels of pituitary, and have only seen positive effects of having it lowered or even suppressed(minimized prolactin, growth hormone)

                                To the rest, specifically marcadav:

                                A few people who had extremely low levels of pituitary hormones, and were told that they must take several hormone supplements for the rest of their life, began producing normal amounts of those hormones within a few days of eating more protein and fruit. Their endocrinologist described them as, effectively, having no pituitary gland. Extreme malnutrition in Africa has been described as creating “. . . a condition resembling hypophysectomy,” (Ingenbleek and Beckers, 1975) but the people I talked to in Oregon were just following what they thought were healthful nutritional policies, avoiding eggs and sugars, and eating soy products.

                                Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.
                                Your point?
                                Even Ingenbleek and Beckers were careful when speaking about extreme malnutrition and pituitary hormonal levels. There's a difference between resembling hypophysectomy and actually not having a pituitary.

                                I also noted the number of people who saw a return to normal hormonal production after eating protein and fruit-- a few.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X