No announcement yet.

Newly paleo and constipated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you call constipated??? 1 bm every 3 days is normal for an adult.
    5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Grains are basically fillers. That's why we pooped so much when we ate bread with every meal and meals consisting entirely OF bread. All that "get fiber for regularity" was really just "get fiber for bulking up your poop!"

A lot of people find they poop much less once they cut out all the breads and pastas and cereals that are so prolific in the standard diet. Your body just doesn't have as much junk to get rid of.

That's my theory anyway. :P
      yay!

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie79 View Post
        What do you call constipated??? 1 bm every 3 days is normal for an adult.
        That's not healthy or optimal by a long shot. You'll get a lot of endotoxins build up that way, as well as problems losing weight. For example, those with less rates of colon cancer go at least 2-3 times daily. Personally, I experience 5-7 bm myself. All hail the carrot.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Yeah, pooping more is definitely a good thing, as is peeing more. I'm pretty regular, 1-3 bms each morning, unless I have to wake up early or something, in which case I usually can't poop that day Just shows how important getting good sleep is to proper body function..

Comment

I have 1-2 bms daily. It's a rare if I don't have any one day. I eat a good amount of sweet potatoes, potatoes, and fruit. I feel either a coffee or some running can really make me have to go.

Comment

LOL, @ non-stop-pooping salad-shooter fruitarian nonsense.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                LOL, @ non-stop-pooping salad-shooter fruitarian nonsense.
                Just gave birth in the bathroom again? I can't say I understand your frustration but it must suck
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Most of my food dissolves into energy. How is that not perfect?
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    Most of my food dissolves into energy. How is that not perfect?
                    doesn't quite work like that man
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Yes it does. Eat giant meals, take little poops.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                        That's not healthy or optimal by a long shot. You'll get a lot of endotoxins build up that way, as well as problems losing weight. For example, those with less rates of colon cancer go at least 2-3 times daily. Personally, I experience 5-7 bm myself. All hail the carrot.
                        yeah right.... what do you do for a living??? endotoxins bwahahahahaha!
                        5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Somebody mentioned Smooth Move tea as a possible solution, but there are a couple of warnings that should go with it. For one, it can cause a lot of cramping in some people, and you really need to be near the bathroom for a long time after you drink it because when it hits (and when it begins to work is different for everyone), it hits fast and you definitely don't want to be caught far from a private bathroom.

Another thing to be wary of is that Smooth Move's primary active ingredient is Senna, a stimulant laxative, and prolonged use can cause dependency because your bowels will eventually stop working properly without the Senna. A former roommate of mine had some body image issues and used Smooth Move as a purging tool so frequently that eventually she couldn't have a BM without drinking larger and larger quantities of it. So just be really careful with any sort of stimulant laxative.

Comment

Magnesium citrate capsules are my secret weapon. Mine have 300mg of magnesium and 60mg of calcium. Start the dosage at one capsule per day and see if it regulates your body. If not, the dosage can by increased to a max of 4 capsules per day.
                            I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

Comment

I have recently had a bowel surgery and needless to say things were very irregular depending on when and what I ate. It seemed fairly extreme. The few times I did have a constipation issue, the absolute best solution was to not keep ingesting food but wait for a BM. That meant at one time I waited 48 hours for a BM, drinking only warm water with lemon and some added electrolytes, but I feel like it isn't healthy to bog down a system that is struggling to keep up to begin with. I am no medical doctor, but this is my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie79 View Post
                                yeah right.... what do you do for a living??? endotoxins bwahahahahaha!
                                thanks for this informative wonderful post canaduh
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X