No announcement yet.

Milk Solids B.S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's craigslist for australia now, go to your location -> for sale -> farm+garden

craigslist: australia - classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

looks like not a lot of usage yet, but could be a source of, or a place to ask for raw products

a lot of small farms in the US list on craigslist, it's a way to directly connect people with local farmers
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
      Everybody, please buy as much as possible straight from farmers. The quality will be higher, and grocery stores often work together to not be competitors for buying from farmers and in this way extort the farmer.
      You won't be dealing with all these stupid additives and you're helping to save the planet
      Great point! The only reason I am able to get raw dairy is because I buy it from a farm family that has a few little stores that follow WAP in my state. I'd rather give them my money. But still cannot get raw butter. I may try making my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        My local middle eastern place carries labne kefir cheese which is like Greek yogurt taken to the next level of creamy and awesome.
        was thinking of you yesterday cuz i just bought labne for the first time, not in my usual hood. can't wait to try it. how do you usually eat it? "as is" or with stuff? am thinking with eggplant and lamb?
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

The reason they add milk solids is it makes it thicker. Watery yogurt isn't a big seller, and low-fat or fat free yogurt doesn't have enough milk fat not to be watery without added milk solids.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
            was thinking of you yesterday cuz i just bought labne for the first time, not in my usual hood. can't wait to try it. how do you usually eat it? "as is" or with stuff? am thinking with eggplant and lamb?
            Both! straight from a spoon makes a great easy fast breakfast. It can be put in celery sticks or bell pepper slices for snackies. It also makes a great base for many sauces and can make any soup thicker and creamier.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              The reason they add milk solids is it makes it thicker. Watery yogurt isn't a big seller, and low-fat or fat free yogurt doesn't have enough milk fat not to be watery without added milk solids.
              Fage non-fat is strained which makes it thick and creamy without adding any milk solids.

Comment

Working...
              X