No announcement yet.

How do you eat butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal butter by itself? Not for me. Clarified butter? I will drink that shit and eat it straight from the jar.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave H View Post
      When I was a little tike I used to scrape popped corn kernals across the top of a stick of butter like it was dip.
      There's a famous story in our family; mom came into the kitchen and caught my baby brother eating a whole stick of butter out of the fridge. Fat smeared all over his face...a real mess.

He instinctually knew what's up.
      Last edited by KimchiNinja; 03-27-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• At the risk of bumping up an old thread which appeared to get a bit contentious, I was wondering how many people here find themselves chomping on a pat of butter when they get the munchies? I've been doing it now and then lately and was wondering if it was, like, OK.

And no, I would not make a meal of it, it's just an occasional snack, so it's not like my all-butter diet is depriving me of other nutrients . And to answer a question that was posed earlier in the thread last year, yes, in the past I have been known to eat plain honey or maple syrup. And it is yummy. But I guess that's off my diet nowadays, so instead I might occasionally do the plain butter thing.
        I can't think of a catchy journal title but click here anyway.

Comment

• BTW here is my butter. Don't think it's pasture-raised or grass-fed cows, but I'm not really sure (website doesn't say), but it's a local company that grows and sells stuff only in the Northwest.
          Darigold Butter
          I can't think of a catchy journal title but click here anyway.

Comment

• Butter's great and all but...

Comment

• Love the taste of grass-fed butter, the way butter supposed to be. I cook with it, put it in hot drinks, put it on snacks, avocado, dark chocolate. Awesome stuff

Comment

• i'll occasionally slice off a bit to eat when i cook with it, it's good. i'll also cut some off for my dogs.

they like it and i like them
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• For me, eggs and mushrooms must be cooked in butter. For almost everything else, other fats are fine.

I love a half tablespoon of butter blended into a mug of espresso. Also on almost anything beef. A grass fed burger with some farm butter on it needs little else.

My mom told me that when I was a baby, I used to like to eat from the stick of butter. Now, I limit butter to a pound a month (works out to about a tablespoon a day), but it always lasts longer than that.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I love to dip homemade beef jerky in it. That's why I can't make jerky often. Too much butter.
                    44 F 5'5
                    SW 205.4
                    CW 180.4
                    GW 150

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      For me, eggs and mushrooms must be cooked in butter. For almost everything else, other fats are fine.

I love a half tablespoon of butter blended into a mug of espresso. Also on almost anything beef. A grass fed burger with some farm butter on it needs little else.

My mom told me that when I was a baby, I used to like to eat from the stick of butter. Now, I limit butter to a pound a month (works out to about a tablespoon a day), but it always lasts longer than that.
                      My brother used to eat butter rolled in salt and sugar. He's 6'1", weighs probably twenty pounds less than me, and has muscle tone. Lol talk about violating every dietary law EVAR.

I do prefer to eat my butter with food (though maybe I should start making butter popsicles...). I like it on leaner meats, and fish, butter, and dill is like the ménage à trois of Asgard. It's a must for scrambled eggs and great with almost any vegetable.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        (though maybe I should start making butter popsicles...)
                        OMG that sounds awesome! The fact that it would also freak other people out would just be a bonus.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I usually clarify butter that I eat at home for bulletproof coffee, veggies, sweet potatoes, cooking salmon, eggs, etc.

Recently when we were eating dinner out as a family I got the urge to eat a few pats of butter while the others were spreading on their bread. Not a bad appetizer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• i too eat butter straight from the fridge occasionally...

Comment

• I had some butter over some grilled artichoke hearts (garlic, lemon). It was sooo good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                                I had some butter over some grilled artichoke hearts (garlic, lemon). It was sooo good.
                                Take leaves and hearts of an artichoke after they've been steamed, peppered, and salted, dip them in some warm, grass-fed clarified butter you've made from Kerrygold or similar.

Bliss.
                                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                                X