• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    Eat to support metabolism.
    Got that.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    People believe undereating has an affect on longevity due to phagocytosis, which is in tune after a certain number of hours of fasting.

Peat's view:

"Unsaturated fatty acids inhibit phagocytosis. Dietary restriction activates phagocytosis, suggesting that normal diets contain suppressive materials. Subnormal temperatures cause a shift from phagocytosis to inflammation."

"The great decline in proteolytic autophagy that occurs with aging can be reduced by inhibiting the release of fatty acids. This effect is additive to the antiaging effects of calorie restriction, suggesting that it is largely the decrease of dietary fats that makes calorie restriction effective."

He also theorizes that co2 production causes macrophages to activate phagocytic neutrophils, which increases their number.
    Going to have to read the rest of that a few more times...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by murf73 View Post
      I totally agree with the statement from Gorbag. I think you need both to be healthy. I'll have days where I am STARVING and am a bottomless pit and will eat ANYTHING put in front of me. Then I'll have days where I don't eat at all. (Shrug) The body does what the body wants.
      Female
      5'5"
      130lbs
      Same!

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
      Mix it up! Undereat in the daytime and overeat at night and undereat on some of the week days and overeat in the weekends etc. I am a firm believer that we need both, and that we do good by cycle between periods of undereating/fasting and overeating/feasting...
      +3
      ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
      24 year old female
      Current: Always between 115 and 119.
      Goal: Get ripped.
      My Journal

Comment

Mix it up is good and probably more 'natural.' But the oldest man to ever complete a marathon undereats in regard to calories.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Mix it up as Gorbag says. If you have any kind of intense workout days make sure you get enough protein afterwards -- but otherwise fluctuate day to day.

Comment

Working...
          X