No announcement yet.

Esp. for ex-vegetarians: 80% raw food vegan, 20% other Paleo = 100% paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that is pretty much how I eat now as well! And how I ate previously too! (Failed vegetarian/vegan).

Typical day is
    Green Smoothie for breakfast with a fat and protein
    Big salad for lunch with lots of colourful veggies and avocado
    Meat for dinner with cooked veggies in coconut oil or butter

Feel amazing.

Comment

Other than avoid bad stuff like grains I thought the main thing about paleo was getting enough high quality animal protein (.5-1.5 lb/day depending on activity and other factors). I also got to paleo via a short time in vegan land and still maintain a high veggie intake. I'm sure I eat more veggies than most vegetarians/vegans. One of the best things I discovered was smoothies with lots of greens. I feel like they really help keep the system clean. The other thing is kimchi to keep the probiotics active. My GI track is pretty bulletproof now.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJe View Post
        Yes that is pretty much how I eat now as well! And how I ate previously too! (Failed vegetarian/vegan).

Typical day is
        Green Smoothie for breakfast with a fat and protein
        Big salad for lunch with lots of colourful veggies and avocado
        Meat for dinner with cooked veggies in coconut oil or butter

Feel amazing.
        JesseJe - WOOT!! That rocks!!
        FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

Originally posted by miata View Post
          Other than avoid bad stuff like grains I thought the main thing about paleo was getting enough high quality animal protein (.5-1.5 lb/day depending on activity and other factors). I also got to paleo via a short time in vegan land and still maintain a high veggie intake. I'm sure I eat more veggies than most vegetarians/vegans. One of the best things I discovered was smoothies with lots of greens. I feel like they really help keep the system clean. The other thing is kimchi to keep the probiotics active. My GI track is pretty bulletproof now.
          Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by QueenOfTheDwarrows View Post
            but can't it be harmful to eat too many raw veggies? I thought I understood that cooking them made them easier to digest because we can't digest too much roughage anymore as a species
            Actually, raw foods make you feel amazing! I personally love paleo and can't live off *only* raw fruits and veggies but did or a yr or so about 16 yrs ago. Raw foods are so healthy for you. There are many places with information. Like any sites, you have to sort through what to take/leave..but 2 starting places might be: Raw food life

and Green Smoothie Girl.com

Comment

I was vegan for 8 years- raw vegan for the first 2, GF vegan for the last 4. Recently started eating meat in October (2012).

My diet is about 50/50 in terms of veg and meat. Some days I eat more meat than veg. I have always like my protein, and my intake has always been high- when I was vegan I just ate a ton of soy/tofu, etc.

In terms of raw veg/fruit intake... it's low.
              ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
              24 year old female
              Current: Always between 115 and 119.
              Goal: Get ripped.
              My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by amber_maiden View Post
                I was vegan for 8 years- raw vegan for the first 2, GF vegan for the last 4. Recently started eating meat in October (2012).

My diet is about 50/50 in terms of veg and meat. Some days I eat more meat than veg. I have always like my protein, and my intake has always been high- when I was vegan I just ate a ton of soy/tofu, etc.

In terms of raw veg/fruit intake... it's low.
                What made you change from a raw vegan to cooked GF? I ended up going off raw after my year or so as strength and wellness just were not there for me.

Comment

Have you ever explored the bulletproof diet? It's paleo and advocates lots of vegetables, and eating as much as possible raw. The food list is here and this is their forum. The forum has mucho macho overtones that might turn you off - I just ignore it. I think your way of eating sounds fantastic. I used to be a rawwie myself and am 100% in favor of killing and eating as many vegetables as possible ;P
                  be the hair that knots with my hair
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

I am an ex-veg ala The McDougall Program. I still love my veggies just as much as when I was a vegan and before that when I ate the Standard American Diet. I have always liked all types of fresh veggies. Adding meat back to my diet has solved some health problems however. Humans are omnivores and anyone (vegan or paleo) who says otherwise doesn't understand biology or evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by grokgramma View Post
                      I am an ex-veg ala The McDougall Program. I still love my veggies just as much as when I was a vegan and before that when I ate the Standard American Diet. I have always liked all types of fresh veggies. Adding meat back to my diet has solved some health problems however. Humans are omnivores and anyone (vegan or paleo) who says otherwise doesn't understand biology or evolution.
                      Adding meat back in solved my health problems as well. I can relate and agree totally! <3

Comment

To each their own and all that jazz, but I'm a much MUCH bigger fan of starches and meat as opposed to this many veggies. Sometimes I do overdose on them, when the mood strikes, and I do eat some leafy greens, but I'd be all too happy to eat nothing but potatoes and steak for the rest of my days.
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
                          Have you ever explored the bulletproof diet? It's paleo and advocates lots of vegetables, and eating as much as possible raw. The food list is here and this is their forum. The forum has mucho macho overtones that might turn you off - I just ignore it. I think your way of eating sounds fantastic. I used to be a rawwie myself and am 100% in favor of killing and eating as many vegetables as possible ;P
                          I only knew about bulletproof coffee and I was thinking they advocated high fat. Didn't know about high raw. Will check it out. Thanks for the links!!

Comment

Ex-8-year veg here, and you have just made my day. I adore my veggies, and always have. I have no problems digesting plant matter, and my kids and I could easily empty your fridge of produce by week's end, just eating it and not even juicing. Raw veggies make me feel super, too.
                            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                              Ex-8-year veg here, and you have just made my day. I adore my veggies, and always have. I have no problems digesting plant matter, and my kids and I could easily empty your fridge of produce by week's end, just eating it and not even juicing. Raw veggies make me feel super, too.
                              ...And you just made MY day! <3

Comment

Hard to say..but a lot of the raw gourmet foods are so heavy on nuts/nut butters and fats it messes with a lot of peoples digestion

Comment

Working...
                                X