How's my eating? Too much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's my eating? Too much?

I've been a lurker on the boards for a year or so and I'd like some opinions on my eating (too much? not enough? things I should cut out or add in? etc)

I'm a 27 year old female, 5'5" and about 113lbs (I've always been petite/small-framed and I'm not looking to lose any weight). I started eating primally over a year ago, stopped for a couple months toward the end of last year and now have been eating about 95% primal since January.

Okay a typical day:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs with a whole mess of cooked veggies (usually eggplant, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms, and kale or collard greens), coffee with a couple TBSP of coconut milk

I often have a banana for a snack.

Lunch: A big salad with a can of tuna, a few olives, 1/2 - whole avocado, balsamic and olive oil
    OR
    a large sweet potato with butter, a couple fried eggs and some baby carrots.

Dinner: It varies a lot, but last night I had two chicken thighs and a smaller salad with balsamic and olive oil.

In the evening I'll often have another piece of fruit (sometimes with a couple TBSPs of unsweetened coconut) or a few celery sticks.

I have a very sedentary job, but I follow Mark's basic primal workout plan, so I get some form of exercise in almost every day.

I welcome any insight/opinions/suggestions etc.

I think u need to add a bit more fat, ( and if u arent eating the chicken with its skin) start doing that. If u could also make ur breakfast bigger a bit so u wouldnt need to snack. Since u r sedentry anyway at that time. But the snack at night ain't a problem if ur workout is around that time. But overall its good, btw how many calories do u eat?

Comment

It looks fine to me, and I'm around your size myself. I eat more than that, actually, but I'm more physically active.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

You need to calculate your necessary calories before you know what adjustments to do to your diet. YOU have to create a caloric deficit in your diet in order to lose weight, you have to find out how many calories per day should you eat to lose weight.

Keep us updated!
        I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Getting fit is also about managing your mindset:
        http://getfitmindset.com

Comment

I think that looks good. Enter it into a nutrition tracker (like paleotrack.com) and see how it comes out.
          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

It all looks fabulous to me. Have you noticed any changes (good or bad) with this way of eating? Do you feel healthy and energetic? You are very slender so you are obviously not eating too much. You don't say what kind of exercise, but maybe you do need more food even though your job is sedentary.

If you are hungry, and/or would like to fill out more, build some muscle etc then you would definitely need to eat more, like eating some nuts with your banana, some roast veges with your dinner, some cream on your fruit, a milk drink in the evening.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Looks about right, maybe a tad more fat if you feel like you need it but otherwise, a solid day, all in all.

Comment

Well, is it working for you? Are you gaining/losing/maintaining based on your goals?

If you feel good, just keep doing what you're doing.

Comment

If you're hungry and losing weight, and you don't want to be, eat more. If you're having to force yourself to eat and are gaining weight you don't want to be gaining, eat less. If you're stable, you're eating the right number of calories for maintenance.

Comment

overall it looks good, but are you also eating red meat, organs and/or fatty fish, like salmon or mackerel, in the mix?

more important than what a bunch of strangers think, how do you feel?
                    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. Yes, I do eat red meat as well - probably a couple times a week. I do enjoy fish too and could probably eat it more often.

My weight seems to be staying pretty much the same. I actually lost 3 or 4 lbs pretty quickly after I started eating primally again and definitely feel less bloated. I think I had some unhealthy emotional ties to food (sugar in particular) and I feel much more free in that regard.

As far as exercise, I do about 30 mins of body weight exercises 3x/wk, sprints on my spin bike 1x/wk, Turbo Fire HIIT workouts 1-2x/wk, and walk the dog almost every day.

I guess the reason I asked the question is because I often feel like I've eaten too much after each meal. Like breakfast for example, I eat it and drink two cups of coffee with coconut milk and then feel stuffed for an hour or two afterward. I know the logical answer would be to eat a little less, but I've lost my period for months at a time in the past, so I'm afraid of that happening again. I'm also afraid if I don't eat enough at meals, that I'm going to fall back on regular snacking and I'd prefer not to do that.
                      Last edited by sunshine119; 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I would add more fat- coconut oil and nuts.

I'm around your height, and have a small frame as well, and lost about 4 pounds when I went paleo- down to 113. I knew to be healthy I had to regain the weight and am currently at 117. I know I need to be around 122. 113 is very low bodyweight for someone who is 5'5, underweight I believe, even with a small bone structure. Focus on being healthy.
                        Last edited by amber_maiden; 03-21-2013, 03:57 AM.
                        ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
                        24 year old female
                        Current: Always between 115 and 119.
                        Goal: Get ripped.
                        My Journal

Comment

Working...
                        X