Is pig liver a no no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is pig liver a no no?

I have an ass load of eggs and pork liver right now. I'm thinking about the pufa content, as usually i'm a lamb/beef kinda guy. What have you?

I would be more worried about toxins and parasites. Where did you get it?

Comment

Liver is a superfood, regardless of the critter from which it came. It's not super-high in fat. Lower than pork shoulder for instance. So I say enjoy it. You CAN overdo liver since it is such a rish source of vitamin A and copper and stuff, but I think you would have to eat a lot.

Comment

I would be weary if I didn't know the source. But, if you know the source and know the pigs get a lot of exercise and eat a varied, natural diet, chow down.

Comment

All liver is a yes-yes as far as I'm concerned.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

The source? The pigs were raised in a large field on my parents farm in the countryside - so the air is good, the soil and grass is good. Literally free to do what they want. Eat grass all day but the folks feed them those pellet things twice a day. I mean, I know I would rather eat the liver from these pigs than the bacon. I think the liver is pretty much untouched....while the bacon is nitrated.And since there is lower fat then I guess it'll do.

Comment

Pork liver pate (mixed with chicken liver and/or goose liver) = awesome.

Comment

Considering I eat pork liver pate, I don't think it's a problem. I'm not sick nor dead yet.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

...yet

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
                    ...yet
                    There are worse ways to go.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

You can eat the liver without a problem
                      I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Getting fit is also about managing your mindset:
                      http://getfitmindset.com

Comment

Why thankyou Marinas

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Moose View Post
                          I would be leery if I didn't know the source. But, if you know the source and know the pigs get a lot of exercise and eat a varied, natural diet, chow down.
                          Sorry, had to fix that. One of the grammar/word usage things that just kills me.

Comment

Its a yes yes.

Comment

When eating liver from whatever animal make sure to get it from the youngest animals...
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                              X