Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great CW moment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    When stuff like this happens I always like to play dumb.

    "Wait...did you bring a pound of bacon and eggs in Tupperware for lunch?"

    Me: "Yeah, but there's also steak and sour cream in there. Also some spinach."

    "Aren't you worried about [fill in the blank]?"

    Me: [Long blank stare] "...Huh?"

    "It's so much [fat/cholesterol/bad for you, etc]"

    Me: "I don't understand what you're getting at. You've seen my raging abs, right?" [shrug, walk away]
    Glad everyone else got a laugh out of this too. And Mr Anthony -- haha yeah, I'm thinking of cooking my fat-filled breakfast while in my sports bra every morning to really boggle peoples' minds.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by vtphoenix View Post
      Yeah, if that's you in your avatar, what the hell is she talking about? I think the biggest problem she faces, is she thinks if she eats like you, she'd get heavier. People are so trained...

      People see you looking good eating like you do and the only thing they think is that you must be blessed with good genes that you can eat whatever you want and not get fat. They never think that, hey, maybe she looks like that because she eats what she eats. It's a travesty.
      My wife dropped almost 40 pounds eating whole foods (not even all that strictly primal). One of her classmates said something similar, "When I'm as skinny as you, then I can eat like you do." Apparently she didn't understand that eating that way was how my wife lost the weight.

      Comment


      • #18
        Maybe your wife could have said that to her.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

        Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
          And Mr Anthony -- haha yeah, I'm thinking of cooking my fat-filled breakfast while in my sports bra every morning to really boggle peoples' minds.
          This action gets the Mr. Anthony Seal of Approval.

          Comment


          • #20
            Thank you for giving me a laugh this morning.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              This action gets the Mr. Anthony Seal of Approval.
              +2
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

              Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

              Comment


              • #22
                Every day at work I make a "salad" at the cafeteria with spinach, chicken, olive oil, tuna, mushrooms, eggs, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers and occasionally some bacon. I thoroughly enjoy watching the reaction and fielding commentary of these random coworkers when I throw it on the scale to be weighed while they wait with their garbage.

                "That's a lot of food..."
                "Is that olive oil?"
                "Aren't you worried about eating all those eggs?"
                "I don't think you are supposed to put that much meat on a salad."
                "That salad was healthy until you started adding stuff."
                "Good thing you are active."

                I laugh...it's actually funny.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TTBlue21 View Post
                  Every day at work I make a "salad" at the cafeteria with spinach, chicken, olive oil, tuna, mushrooms, eggs, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers and occasionally some bacon. I thoroughly enjoy watching the reaction and fielding commentary of these random coworkers when I throw it on the scale to be weighed while they wait with their garbage.

                  "That's a lot of food..."
                  "Is that olive oil?"
                  "Aren't you worried about eating all those eggs?"
                  "I don't think you are supposed to put that much meat on a salad."
                  "That salad was healthy until you started adding stuff."
                  "Good thing you are active."

                  I laugh...it's actually funny.
                  The worst is eating out with friends and seeing their faces when you tell the waiter "no toast" with your eggs and bacon, or when you don't dig into the bread basket before your meal... I don't know why people care, but it REALLY seems to bother them.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
                    The worst is eating out with friends and seeing their faces when you tell the waiter "no toast" with your eggs and bacon, or when you don't dig into the bread basket before your meal... I don't know why people care, but it REALLY seems to bother them.
                    I prefer to eat out with people who are okay with me scooping my share of the butter onto my bread and butter dish and eating it with a fork.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
                      The worst is eating out with friends and seeing their faces when you tell the waiter "no toast" with your eggs and bacon, or when you don't dig into the bread basket before your meal... I don't know why people care, but it REALLY seems to bother them.
                      I think deep inside somewhere, they KNOW the bread is wrong, and they're ashamed they can't give it up like you have.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
                        The worst is eating out with friends and seeing their faces when you tell the waiter "no toast" with your eggs and bacon, or when you don't dig into the bread basket before your meal... I don't know why people care, but it REALLY seems to bother them.
                        Friends and family inevitably express opinions over the "lack of nutritious carbs" via appetizers, bread, etc. Then they hear me order and just get confused. The most comedic responses come from those people that have tried all the diets. To this point my most favorite line:

                        "Wait, what did you just order? Oh my...I'd be fearing my next weigh-in."

                        Initial dates can get a little awkward. Girls typically want to hit up that bread bowl but won't unless you do....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by TTBlue21 View Post
                          Friends and family inevitably express opinions over the "lack of nutritious carbs" via appetizers, bread, etc. Then they hear me order and just get confused. The most comedic responses come from those people that have tried all the diets. To this point my most favorite line:

                          "Wait, what did you just order? Oh my...I'd be fearing my next weigh-in."

                          Initial dates can get a little awkward. Girls typically want to hit up that bread bowl but won't unless you do....
                          Agreed. When I'm hanging out with people I don't know very well, I tend to relax a little bit and not question the waiter ("can I have my eggs cooked in butter instead of vegetable oil?") just for the sake of being sociable. It's strange that it's necessary, but it is what it is.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The scary thing to me is that it is usually the people I consider smarter who have the biggest hang-ups. I told a buddy of mine that my standard breakfast if bulletproof coffee with a couple of tablespoons of butter and coconut oil with three soft boiled eggs. All he could ask me was "with the egg yolks?"

                            I am surrounded by otherwise intelligent people who think that eggs, red meat, butter and saturated fat are evil and whole grain foods with all that fiber is the healthiest stuff around.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by vtphoenix View Post
                              I think deep inside somewhere, they KNOW the bread is wrong, and they're ashamed they can't give it up like you have.
                              I think that too. After reading Wheat Belly I strongly believe the author's findings that wheat is addictive. I see them as drug addicts defending their addiction.

                              I get similar responses to the meals I bring in. Invariably from some carboholic eating a soul less sandwich.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I think it's also true that people have an irrational attachment to the diets they eat regularly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X