No announcement yet.

how often do you eat fish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some tuna as a condiment with my egg salad and head cheese at lunch pretty much every day. For supper I have fish 2-3 times a week.

Comment

I eat canned sardines and/or canned wild salmon 3-5 times a week. On a good week, we'll also have seafood for dinner 1-2 times, but my husband isn't a big fish eater so that can be a bit of a struggle. I don't take any fish oil supplements, but probably would if my intake went down.

Comment

Mark had a post recently saying that there is more omega 3 in smoked salmon than in canned salmon. I eat a lot of salmon. I'd eat it every day twice a day if I could.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Usually have fish 2-3 x week for dinner, (and usually then 2-3 x week for lunch as leftovers), and I may have fish for anywhere from 0 - 5 x week for breakfast. So, 4-11 x week.

Breakfast is usually smoked salmon or pickled herring with some combo of: avocado, cream cheese, goat cheese, tomato, cucumber.

I also keep tinned sardines in olive oil in my desk at work for a snack, might have them once every 2-3 weeks. Not usually too hungry during the day though.

Wife is pescetarian, thus more fish for dinner.

Comment

I use frozen fish fillets as sort of a protein supplement. Pollock,haddock,tilapia, salmon. One is always on sale at my local grocery store, so I pick them up as they go on sale. Example: last week frozen pollock was on sale @ $3.49/lb bags. Picked up 4 of them. 5 wrapped fillets in each, I toss 3 in the toaster oven for 25mins @ 400deg, instant 60g of protein!

Comment

3-5 times per week. Normally baked wild caught salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia. We also do sushi once a week.
              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Two or three times a week, only wild caught, often oily canned fish (packed in water, usually) but also ends and pieces of cod and mahi mahi from Trader Joe's. Super cheap there, I've half-filled my freezer with fish!
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I don't really eat fish nowadays because I am very busy and unable to make time to cook it daily. I just take fish oil supplements (if you are interested in dosage, I wrote an article on this matter: Fish oil benefits.
                  I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Getting fit is also about managing your mindset:
                  http://getfitmindset.com

Comment

I tried canned sardines for the first time last month and liked it! It tastes almost like the fresh ones we used to eat. Canned is really okay? I haven't eaten much canned food.

Comment

Never.

I know quality fish is good for me, but, hey, it's my one phobia, and I'm keeping it.

Comment

Of the oily fish, 12 cans of sardines per month, and a couple of servings of salmon per month. Also, lox as often as I go to the store where I buy it. Non-oily fish I don't really keep track of, but I eat oysters on a regular basis, and crawfish when they're in season. (Those last two are technically not fish, but I lump all seafood into "fish.") I'll also occasionally try something new and local if it's on sale.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Once a day fish here. Fish is easier to digest than a big piece of red meat. Fish, squid, oysters, clams, sashimi, plus a lot of seaweed.

Comment

Twice a week. Hubby is also Primal but hates seafood, but he's trying now. Tilapia and Mahi he can handle once a week. I eat shrimp once a week, he's scared of them and won't touch em.

Comment

2-4 times/week - frozen salmon/cod/mahi mahi, canned sardines, various sashimi

Comment

canned sardines or oysters pretty much daily for me. i might eat less on the weekends, but i'm more likely to have fish for dinner then.
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Working...
                                X