No announcement yet.

All my friends are sick or they get sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are feeling better with this diet but in reality, the change in lifestyle and also being consistent with taking care of your body is paying off big time in your case.

Don't listen to your friends if they want to make you feel bad for yourself!

Also, as a side suggestion, you might want to avoid telling them that you are eating paleo or something else that seems weird to them. Do your thing and let them do their.
    I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Getting fit is also about managing your mindset:
    http://getfitmindset.com

Comment

A lot of 'illness' has to do with mindset. I don't make a fuss when I get ill, I just get on with things. I had a fever and played tennis and danced salsa the same day. I don't remember when I've been ill because they are non events.
      On the other hand when my sister is ill, she informs everybody how terrible her pains are. She will take like 6 painkillers a day and moan in bed.

For anyway I'm pretty sure my lack of hygiene has helped. I tend to use the same glass for days, I eat undercooked meat and I've travelled a lot so I'm pretty sure that has given me a strong immune system.
      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

I work in a hospital, drawing patients, playing with their poop and chunks of their diseased bodies, etc. I almost never get sick, either. But before PB I often did catch the seasonal sniffles that would sweep through the population. Not anymore, I mean just barely, like ONE day of green boogers and then nothing else.

For anyway I'm pretty sure my lack of hygiene has helped. I tend to use the same glass for days, I eat undercooked meat and I've travelled a lot so I'm pretty sure that has given me a strong immune system.
        This also. Make a point of not washing my cutting boards, just rinsing dishes with water, and reusing silverware that's been sitting around for a day or two. That, and fermented food in general.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          I didn't get sick much before primal or since. I credit my dad who was always a little unconventional. He didn't believe in over-hygiene, thought kids should get dirty, believed milk should not be drunk after childhood and all kinds of stuff that now is conventional wisdom for the primal crowd.
          My parents are a bit like that and I've never been an ill person and even less so on Primal. I absolutely loathe those anti bacterial sprays and refuse to use them (they are everywhere at work). People are addicted to them and its always the ill people who are obsessed with them. I have pointed out the connection to lowered immunity and people agree with it but carry on spraying themselves with them as if they are afraid not to. Its annoying - every toilet you go in you can't get good old fashioned soap any more its all that anti bacterial crap.

Comment

I haven't gotten 'sick' (cold, flu, fever or even a runny nose) ever since I started implementing Primal ideas into my lifestyle since last June.

I missed so many days of school in 9-12th grade, back when I was 290+ pounds and frequently drank pop and ate microwave pizzas and Kraft mac sorts of 'meals' for supper. I also used to get terrible migraines after I ate chocolate (I'm talking normal American 'chocolate' which has sugar as the first ingredient). I'll only occasionally get headaches from lack of sleep these days, and I can eat 85-90% chocolate just fine.

I did get an extremely painful stomach ache last November, though, for the three days after I splurged on a few hands of popcorn with 'butter flavor' at the movies. I don't even want to know what kind of rancid vegetable oil was rotting my insides.

So, tl;dr version, knock on wood, I don't get sick that often since I turned Primal.

Comment

Working...
            X