which foods are high on PUFAs? anyone plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which foods are high on PUFAs? anyone plz

also what things are not allowed on primal other than lots of CARBS and PUFAs, thanx in advance

The high PUFA foods to avoid are oilseeds, seed oils extracted from them, and anything prepared using them.

Comment

i cant get the book , its nt in any bookstore in egypt and i cant buy it online either and yes i read lots of articles i havent left the computer since last week ( nt literally of course) and there is details u just cant get from an article it has to be asked as a question, and anyway if u look at most of my thread there is barely any answers which is y i keep trying and posting neew ones so someone could finally answer me bt rather u all criticize me for wanting to know more , damn

Comment

Omega 6 content of common foods by percentage of total calories:
        Omega 666 – the most Evil omega 6 powerhouses (over 50%)
        Grapeseed oil 70.6%!!!
        Corn Oil 54.5%
        Walnuts 52.5% (oil is 53.9%)
        Cottonseed oil 52.4%
        Soybean oil 51.4%
        Very High Omega 6 sources (20-50%)
        Sesame oil 42.0%
        Pepitas 34.5% Margarine 27.9%
        Pecans 26.9%
        Peanut Butter 22.5%
        Pistachios 21.3%
        High Omega 6 Sources (10-20%)
        Chicken Fat 19.5%
        Almonds 19.1%
        Canola oil 19.0%
        Flaxseed oil 12.9%
        Cashews 12.6%
        Duck Fat 12.2%
        Bacon Grease 10.2%
        Lard 10.2%
        Moderate Omega 6 Sources (5-10%)
        Olive oil 9.9%
        Goose Fat 9.8%
        Avocado 9.4%
        Chicken with skin 9.0%
        Olives 7.4%
        Bacon 7.0%
        Eggs 6.8%
        Pork chops 6.2%
        Popcorn (Air Popped) 5.8%
        Oats 5.6%
        Low Omega 6 Sources (2-5%)
        Corn 4.7%
        Chicken Liver 3.7%
        Sunflower Oil 3.7% (High oleic variety - others are very high in omega 6)
        Butter 3.4%
        Beef Tallow 3.1%
        Cocoa Butter 2.8%
        Cooked carrots 2.7%
        Macadamia Nut oil ~2.5%
        Brown rice 2.5%
        Cream 2.2%
        Beef liver 2.1% Grass-fed Beef 2.0%
        Whole wheat flour 2.0%
        Extremely low Omega 6 Sources (Less than 2%)
        Coconut oil 1.9%
        Prime rib 1.8%
        Whole milk 1.8%
        Half and Half 1.8%
        Ground Beef 1.6%
        Macadamia Nuts 1.6%
        Chicken without skin 1.4%
        Lamb 1.4%
        Cheese/Brie 1.3%
        Corn grits 1.2%
        Beets 1.2%
        Coconut Milk 1.1%
        Foie gras 1.1%
        Palm Kernel Oil 0.8%
        White rice 0.7%
        Sockeye Salmon 0.5%
        Yams 0.4%
        Potatoes 0.3%
        Halibut 0.2%
        Shrimp 0.2%
        Clams 0.2%
        Canned tuna 0.1%
        Blue crab 0.1%
        Lobster 0.1%

Also, your threads are funny.

GROK ON BROTHER
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by egyption grok View Post
          i cant get the book , its nt in any bookstore in egypt and i cant buy it online either and yes i read lots of articles i havent left the computer since last week ( nt literally of course) and there is details u just cant get from an article it has to be asked as a question, and anyway if u look at most of my thread there is barely any answers which is y i keep trying and posting neew ones so someone could finally answer me bt rather u all criticize me for wanting to know more , damn
          you could try the search function

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post

GROK ON BROTHER

15yo girl, Derp - nuthin' brother about it.... snarf!

Great list though, thanks!

Comment

thanx derp, and yes im a girl i dnt get how their funny though

Comment

Why is a 15 year old girl trying to be in ketosis, or even dieting at all...?
                Make America Great Again

Comment

well im a pole vaulter and i need to be at a certain weight, which is 15 pounds from where i am , i also want to be in ketosis bec the benifiets it gives other than weight loss, and i think derp u know all about it idk wat do u suggest/

Comment

well i already said there are certain things i want to know , specific details , i dont know why if u know the answer to my question is it difficult to just answer?

Comment

I would suggest not being in ketosis and eating good carbs like fruit, especially if you're doing physical activity. Honestly, dropping 15lbs at 15 won't be very hard with just careful calorie restriction and moving around.

If you're in a real hurry to lose weight, maybe ketosis won't be that bad on the short term if you're looking to just drop fast water weight. Make sure you get fat from saturated sources. It also depends on how much unsaturated fat is in your body too. Liberating pufa into your blood stream is disastrous. Though, you're 15, your body is really resilient, so I don't think it'll matter much.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

look this is what i ate today , could u rate plz so i know if im on the right path
                        breakfast: 4.5 oz chicken breast with skin, with 1 slice of gold cheddar, 10 almonds
                        lunch : john west canned sardines in olive oil, veal shoulder (not the whole shoulder of course) 300 g raw in tbsp butter, 1/2 tomato , 1cup chopped greens(parsley,dill,coriander)1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
                        dinner : 4 small egg omlete in tbsp butter and 1/2 cup chopped greens, 1 slice gold cheddar, tbsp honey with pee pollen( idk i just kind of crave for it ,weird huh)btw is honey allowed its just tbsp per day
                        total calories 1837
                        fat 60%, protein 36%, carb 4%
                        wat do u think should i continue u like this and will this get me in ketosis?

Comment

Fat is not high enough, and the protein will probably knock you out of ketosis.

Typically 80% of your calories should be coming from fat.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

its pretty hard getting in fat without the protein , that would mean eating butter and olive oil and that wouldnt satisfy me, i mentioned before that before i go primal i had a food addiction, it wasnt about type of food bt amount of food , so if im eating 2tbsp to make up for the chicken or eggs it just wont do, any suggestions ? and coconut oil is so expensive here, 25ml are for 20 egyptian pounds or 3 point something dollars such a rip off

Comment

I suggest you forget about ketosis. Go the other end of the spectrum and go high carb low fat. Carb sources from fruit/potatoes, keep your protein relatively low and your fat saturated. You should he able to lose fat on this diet just as easy and will give you much better performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X