Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluten and Weight

Saw this today Gluten Confirmed to Cause Weight Gain

EDIT:- link replaced. Sorry for the previous inconvenience.
    Last edited by Nigel; 03-17-2013, 04:20 AM.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

I'd check the link. "Suppose we set a small circle rolling around the interior of a large circle of twice its diameter. If we follow a point on the small circle, what pattern will it draw?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
      I'd check the link. "Suppose we set a small circle rolling around the interior of a large circle of twice its diameter. If we follow a point on the small circle, what pattern will it draw?"
      Surprising.

Comment

Heres another article on it, but the circle thing was interesting.
        Gluten confirmed to cause serious weight gain, or 'wheat belly' - scientific research

and another
        Mark Hyman, MD: Three Hidden Ways Wheat Makes You Fat
        Last edited by Omni; 03-16-2013, 02:52 PM.
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks that prefacing everything with "super" ("super-starch," "super-gluten") does more harm than good? I feel like it doesn't contribute to the article and message being taken seriously by CW folks.

Comment

Emotive language is the first clue to a biased study,
            They are obviously trying to get the message to the masses, but the "Super" thing suggests a personal agenda.

Gluten is bad enough as it is, just in plain english.
            "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks that prefacing everything with "super" ("super-starch," "super-gluten") does more harm than good? I feel like it doesn't contribute to the article and message being taken seriously by CW folks.
              CW folk love the concept of "superfoods". It's totally mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                Checked and changed. DUH! Thanks for letting me know.

Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain
                Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                X