Alternative to gum/mints?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to gum/mints?

What do you use instead of gum or mints to help with your breath? (I don't know if this is a ketosis thing or just a use-more-mouthwash thing, but blerg, yucky taste!!!) Just drink water/tea and hope it goes away?
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

You're afraid of gum but you're using mouthwash?
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Whenever I get these problems, I use a toothpaste + mouth wash and carry some gums in my pocket everyday.

It fixes any smell problem, trust me
      I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Getting fit is also about managing your mindset:
      http://getfitmindset.com

Comment

@RichMahagony - Well, I don't drink the mouthwash. If there's a natural alternative, I'm happy to hear it. The bad breath thing is really annoying.

@Marinas Florin - Thanks. If there's a natural alternative to gum/mouthwash, I'd like to try it.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
          @RichMahagony - Well, I don't drink the mouthwash. If there's a natural alternative, I'm happy to hear it. The bad breath thing is really annoying.
          I'm just not sure I understand where you're drawing the line. Do you think the minty freshness left in your mouth from the mouthwash isn't eventually swallowed?

There are probably better mouthwash options than gum options (at least that I'm aware of). Vodka (not kidding) or coconut oil come to mind if you don't want to spend $8 on a tiny bottle of some "natural" mouthwash from Amazon or the grocery store.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Chew on a clove. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              I'm just not sure I understand where you're drawing the line. Do you think the minty freshness left in your mouth from the mouthwash isn't eventually swallowed?

There are probably better mouthwash options than gum options (at least that I'm aware of). Vodka (not kidding) or coconut oil come to mind if you don't want to spend $8 on a tiny bottle of some "natural" mouthwash from Amazon or the grocery store.
              I have no idea where I draw the line; just looking for options. Vodka, not so much; coconut oil, though, I may be willing to try. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                Chew on a clove. Seriously.
                Thanks!

Comment

Or just google natural mouthwash and you'll get tons of cheap and natural recipes

Like this one here

Antiseptic Homemade Mouthwash Recipe

Comment

Originally posted by dawn297 View Post
                    Or just google natural mouthwash and you'll get tons of cheap and natural recipes

Like this one here

Antiseptic Homemade Mouthwash Recipe
                    Thanks!

Comment

Chew on mint leaves, parsley etc. A couple times a day I take a half teaspoon of baking soda pop it in my mouth followed by a small swig of water and swish/spit. Start oil pulling with coconut oil possibly

Comment

Originally posted by returnfreerisk View Post
                        Chew on mint leaves, parsley etc. A couple times a day I take a half teaspoon of baking soda pop it in my mouth followed by a small swig of water and swish/spit. Start oil pulling with coconut oil possibly
                        Thanks!

Comment

lemon wedge
                          Primal (2013)
                          Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
                          Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Comment

Originally posted by returnfreerisk View Post
                            Chew on mint leaves, parsley etc.
                            Mint leaves are great. Just make sure you have them out of your teeth before smiling at anyone you want to impress however.

Comment

Licorice root is fun to chew on too. I used it to kick my sugar free gum habit a few months ago

Comment

Working...
                              X