Eating coconut oil straight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post
    Maybe they just ate a lot of whole coconuts...
    LOL, oh yeah, I guess that would taste a whole lot better.

Comment

Try coconut chips toasted in coconut oil. Eat it like you would granola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I measure out a couple of ounces of coconut oil into a 4 oz mason jar and keep it in a warm place, then take it as a liquid off a teaspoon when I want it. I had issues with gagging in the past when trying to eat solid coconut oil, and I have no issues with this. But perhaps the reason I had trouble with it in the past could have been that it might not have been entirely fresh.

Comment

I can no longer consume coconut oil on its own since it tastes like a bunch of rancid shit. I used to buy Sprouts coconut oil, but even that has deteriorated in quality since it first came out. I think it's a lot better to consume something less processed to blunt hunger....coconut oil = potato flour = whey powder = organic ketchup. Is it extracted from natural food? Yes. Can you use it when in a bind or to aid you in your cooking for processes that would otherwise take you forever to make? Sure. Should it be the center of your meal/snack as a source of real nutrition? Highly doubtful.
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Okay I figured out a simple mixture --> scramble 3 eggs, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl. Fry it up.

Tastes great, it's just extra rich scrambled eggs, not overly coconuty.

Comment

I recently started add 2T CO to my coffee in the morning. The energy increase is pretty amazing, though I am a little sceptical if it is placebo effect or real. Either way its a win.
              Click here for my hiking and backpacking Youtube Channel

Comment

My mother does this and SWEARS BY IT !! She says it keeps her super full and gives her lots of energy - the woman hikes 6-7 miles a day, EVERY SINGLE DAY and she's in her 60s!

Comment

Working...
                X