No announcement yet.

Eating coconut oil straight...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost count, but looks like mostly swallowers and few spitters?
    Last edited by gopintos; 03-15-2013, 05:10 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by gopintos View Post
      I have lost count, but looks like mostly swallowers and few spitters?
      lol

Comment

It's good before a workout.

Comment

I've been eating coconut oil every day this week- from coconut cream to coconut bark. The coconut cream I had cup of for two days (and then it was all gone... too good), and the coconut bark (3 cups coconut oil, 4 handfulls of almonds, 2-3 cups shredded coconut, some honey, and I used up some tablespoons of old Enjoy Life chocolate chips) I've had quite a bit of the last few days. It's almost gone. If I had to pin-point how much oil I've been eating, it probably averages around 6-10 tablespoons a day... I'm not really worried though because I haven't had any reactions, and I need the gain weight.
          ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
          24 year old female
          Current: Always between 115 and 119.
          Goal: Get ripped.
          My Journal

Comment

It's beyond me how can some people eat coconut oil, or any other oil straight. I can't because it makes me sick( I cook with coconut oil thought as its very healthy for you, for example here is the article about coconut oil for cholesterol.
            Last edited by Kolifige; 10-02-2013, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I eat coconut oil by the spoonful. I find it good to mix with a little cocoa. It tastes good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolifige View Post
                It's beyond me how can some people eat coconut oil, or any other oil straight. I can't because it makes me sick( I cook with coconut oil thought as its very healthy for you.
                I can't understand either why people would eat/drink coconut oil straight....There is something strange about this. I use coconut oil as a hair conditioner once a week but that's the extent of me using it straight.

Comment

I sometimes eat some chunks of salted organic grass-fed butter. It tastes insanely nice but I wouldn't eat more than a chunk, it is really like a treat and more than that would make me gag ... but CO ? no way, the taste is a little repelling.

Comment

Been trying to figure out how to eat more of this stuff (2tbsp / day).

Currently eating it in solid form, it's not the worst thing, but slightly sickening. Tried the coffee idea, that tasted really wrong. Fry eggs with it, that's good, but not enough. Ideas?

Tokelau Islanders ate 50% of their calories from coconut oil, uhh how the hell did they pull that off?

Comment

Make it into truffle balls? Blend with almonds, dates, cocoa and vanilla, shape into balls and roll in coconut. Chill.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Hmm, that's a possibility. Sounds like a good paleo desert.

Comment

Chocolate-covered coconut oil? Keep in the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                            Tokelau Islanders ate 50% of their calories from coconut oil, uhh how the hell did they pull that off?
                            Maybe they just ate a lot of whole coconuts...
                            Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

I think the extra Virgin stuff is beautiful in taste, appearance and texture. Unfortunately I can't stomach it off the spoon - it makes me burp loudly. Tubers taste good roasted in it though. It goes with sweet potatoes very well. We made an energy bar with it. It defo fills you up. How can any CW person look at EV coconut oil or smell it and say it is bad for you?!

CW says "any thing that's good for you tastes bad-and anything that tastes good is bad for you". Primal has shown me that's false but pre primal my appetite and taste buds used to be messed up. I believed it too.

Comment

The plumbing has been a bit backed up -- too many potatoes in too few days, I think -- so I just added 1 T to my black coffee and licked the spoon. Meh on the solids off the spoon, and double meh on the non-blended coffee; tastes weird. But if it gets things moving again, I will have zero complaints!
                                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Working...
                                X