Leaky gut + autoimmune protocol = Starving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky gut + autoimmune protocol = Starving

Trying to heal a leaky gut and do the autoimmune protocol.

Doing PB. Have also erased:

Legumes, dairy, nuts, seeds.

Considering erasing FODMAPS and fruits as well.

Last month my only food sources has been Rib eye, liver, bacon, lettuce, cucumber, banana, olive oil and some sea salt and carrots. Thats it, nothing else at all.

Just got back some vitamin defeciancy results (test taken just a couple days into the diet so its not because of it). Folic acid (B9) being a major one.

My question is:

What would you add to my daily food list if you could choose freely? (No spices and shit, im starving on this PB. I need calories and nutrition. Dont care about taste)

Something thats not against the autoimmune protocol or messing with a leaky gut is the "only" demand. I was thinking brocolli then google told me it was a FODMAP..

Any ideas would be extremely extremely loved!
    Last edited by JohanJohan; 03-12-2013, 12:58 PM.

How much are you eating?
    Depression Lies

Comment

3000 cals now per days since i discovered that ribeye has a lot more calories than sirloin and that streaky bacon is pretty packed as well. So weight is finally stabilized.

Comment

there are different kinds of lettuces; aragula, mesclun, etc.
        Different things to put on top. sliced avocado, shredded zucchini, jicama, and olives.

roast any kind of meat [ckn, lamb or pork chops, another beef cut] with just garlic powder [ I think the garlic powder is OK]

Comment

Originally posted by garp94 View Post
          there are different kinds of lettuces; aragula, mesclun, etc.
          Different things to put on top. sliced avocado, shredded zucchini, jicama, and olives.

roast any kind of meat [ckn, lamb or pork chops, another beef cut] with just garlic powder [ I think the garlic powder is OK]

True, i will try different kind of lettuces. But it feels like they dont have much nutrition anyway.

Avacado and garlic is FODMAP if im not mistaken. So they are out. Im drinking olive oil. Avoid canned olives because of the addatives/preservatives. Maybe taking it too far?

Will write down zucchini and jicama to my possible food list (only two so far ) and look them up later to see if they are OK.

Thanks man!

Comment

Stress (i.e., not meeting energy requirements) requires a "higher functioning" of the catabolic adaptive hormones.

These hormones cannibalize muscle, but also the thymus gland, which can be considered "immunity central."

A diet containing adequate sugar, saturated fats, calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and protein (gelatin would probably be best) may be a good dietary strategy for supporting energy production and the health of the thymus.
            Last edited by dannyroddy; 03-12-2013, 01:51 PM. Reason: s p e l l i n g
            www.dannyroddy.com

Comment

Danny: why should i care about the thymus or why did you recommend it?

Comment

For a leaky gut, be sure to take a good probiotic with every meal and eat lots of prebiotics, lots. Reduce fiber and sugar as much as realistically possible.

Leaky gut takes a long time to cure.
                "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Bone broth. What about coconut products?

Comment

How about some kale??

Comment

reduce sugar? u mean the sugar in bananas as well? from where do i get my carbs then?

Comment

Originally posted by Mamame View Post
                        Bone broth. What about coconut products?
                        I dod bone broth actually. forgot to write that.

Cant do coconut i think. Dranks some coconut milk and was laying in bed with flu like symptoms for three days..

Just tried reintroducing Brocoli two hours ago. Bloated and stomach pain. So brocoli is out too.. Will ALL fodmaps be out now or one cant take that conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by murf73 View Post
                          How about some kale??
                          Never heard of it. Thats three things on my check up list now. Thanks Murf!

Comment

@JohanJohan,

The thymus gland is important for growth and fertility, but is also an important regulator of the immune system. The gland has a tendency to shrink with age, especially under the influence of the classical adaptive stress hormones. The slow destruction of the gland may provide insight to the higher incidence of "autoimmune disease" associated with aging.
                            www.dannyroddy.com

Comment

What are your symptoms with leaky gut? I have been following the SCD diet for a month now. I haven't found it that restrictive.
                              If you're starving, you need more fats. I don't see any fish/seafood in your list! I feel I the fish to give me a break from meat... salmon, mackeral, sea-bass, prawns & scallops. gotta love the fish. Spinach is my veg of choice, boiled well to make easiest to digest. Sounds like you need AVOCADO! food of the gods. How about butternut squash, as a change from the carrots. Mashed with butter/ghee/coconut oil, salt and pepper is great. Guessing you've chosen to eliminate eggs. I am not eating eggs or nuts and doing fine. There are so many more meats you could swap in for the rib-eye, what about lamb, venison, poultry?

Hope my blabbing is somewhat helpful

Comment

Working...
                              X