Primal at Starbucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal at Starbucks

Finally found something at Starbucks that's primal and doesn't taste like ass:

Pike Place Roast made with heavy whipping cream.

By my estimation it's 0 carbs and 0 sugar. The whipping cream kills the bitterness of the coffee and produces a great flavor.

Price weights in at $1.75 or so for a tall. I usually make my coffee at home but if I'm out or if I'm going to Starbucks with friends this is a great substitution for the sugar-filled frappacinos I used to get.

I usually get an Americano with cream, Pike Place isn't strong enough for me!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

Sounds more primal than the caramel frappucino I had there last week... Eep.

Comment

Plain green tea is primal in my opinion. That's what I would get a starbucks if I every wanted to pay 10 times more for lower quality.

I hate those pastries just tempting me. It wouldn't be so bad if they had some chicken right next to it but it's just a massive display of refined carbs

Fuck starbucks.
        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Megg,

Heavy cream?

Comment

FREE COFFEE tomorrow (Thursday) at Starbucks if you bring in a refillable/commuter mug. Just regular brewed, no lattes or other fancy-shmancy drinks.

Hey, Stabby, don't forget to get one of those two-pound muffins as long as you're there.

Comment

Oh gosh considering my carb intake these days that would be comparable to a big fat line of cocaine. *wince*
              Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

On a hot day, try the iced passion tea. It has 0 calories and yet tastes like fruit juice.
                “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Stabby, I agree with you about Starbucks. By their own admission they sell image, not fine coffee. I enjoy coffee,but at home.

Interesting that for something like four years in a row whoever judges coffee has decided that the best coffee is available at Dunkin Donuts, closely followed by 7-11.

I noticed that Dunkin Donuts has placed bags of their coffee in supermarkets---at a premium price.
                  Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Yes? I mainly go through the drive through and ask for americano with cream. I'll have to ask the next time I go if they're using whole cream or half & half.
                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
                      Stabby, I agree with you about Starbucks. By their own admission they sell image, not fine coffee. I enjoy coffee,but at home.

Interesting that for something like four years in a row whoever judges coffee has decided that the best coffee is available at Dunkin Donuts, closely followed by 7-11.
                      Totally agree with those folks, I loooove Dunkin Donuts coffee. Second place for me is a tie between McDonalds and Tim Hortons (for those of you who live far enough north to have one). Starbucks is at the bottom of my list for brewed coffee.

I have a free single-cup coffee maker at work, so I don't even bother buying coffee anymore, except sometimes on weekends if I'm not working.
                      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I have to go with Folgers chocolate flavored coffee made strong it taste like a cheat but its not! Just add my own heavy whipping cream. I like it better than Starbucks. I went into Starbucks a while ago and had a espesso and got poisoned, some one had slipped a bunch of sugar into the shaker of cinnamon, early morning kind of dark. but I still like a good shot of espresso once and a while. I just cant make it as good as they do.
                        Last edited by PhilR; 04-14-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

When I was in Florida two years ago on holiday, we had Dunkin' Donuts coffee every day (bought some beans as the house had a coffee machine with a grinder). It really is lovely.

Comment

So, i shall step in as an ultimate authority because i work with starbucks.

1. The coffee isn't great, except sumatra and a few limited beans that aren't brewed en masse.
                            2. Americano's are awesome, much better flavor, smoother, and actually comes with a little less caffeine than a cup of coffee
                            3. if you say cream, they will give you half/half, you have to say heavy whipping cream to get the real deal, but they'll charge you for it.
                            4. the tea's are good, i really like the iced green tea.
                            5. Starbucks sadly in no way supports a low carb diet, although they try to do gluten free, but its all dumb cookies that taste like sand.

Comment

Starbucks in the UK don't offer heavy cream...at least, they would only give me whipped cream from a can (which is sweetened). If anybody knows otherwise please let me know - I can only drink so much not-so-great black coffee!

Comment

Working...
                              X