Bakers Chocolate vs. Regular Chocolate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakers Chocolate vs. Regular Chocolate

What's the difference between 85% Bakers chocolate vs. 85% chocolate for consumption?

"Bakers chocolate" is a brand that mostly makes low quality chocolate. I'm not sure if you're taking that into account.

Comment

The only difference might be in the 15% of the other ingredients and the taste.
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Get unsweetened bakers chocolate, it has no emulsifiers. It's pretty tasty and only 2 dollars at Walmart. With other chocolate at chain grocery stores you're paying for a name, it's quite crappy. I like Chocolove, it's just too bad all of their products contain soy lecithin.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Baker's chocolate is ten times worse because it evokes thoughts of pastries and cake, triggering sympathomimetic gluten reactions in the blood stream.
          6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
          ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Originally posted by cantare View Post
            Baker's chocolate is ten times worse because it evokes thoughts of pastries and cake, triggering sympathomimetic gluten reactions in the blood stream.
            Uh wut?
            Make America Great Again

Comment

I think you mean unsweetened baking chocolate, not "Baker's chocolate". Unsweetened chocolate is a low quality product created for the American market, because its low quality will be masked when baked into cakes, cookies, and brownies. Other types of chocolate have to be good enough for the general public to eat straight. In Europe most cakes are made with dark eating chocolate.

Comment

Talking about this:

http://i.imgur.com/jTvJDiV.jpg

It tastes fine to me. I usually use powder in milk though.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Baker's brand unsweetened baking chocolate. Tastes sour to me. I prefer a different brand of unsweetened chocolate.

Comment

The difference is generally the quality. Baker'schocolate is over processed and unsourced and will probably not have come from the best cocoa beans. Generally 85% chocolate or eating is much higher quality.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by cantare View Post
                      LOL. That's hilarious.
                      ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
                      24 year old female
                      Current: Always between 115 and 119.
                      Goal: Get ripped.
                      My Journal

Comment

Working...
                      X