Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these things any good?

Home | Yakult GB

I bought them today for my 7 year old son since he cant drop supplement form. They look like a great way to get a healthy amount of gut bacteria.
    One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Ingredients (red lid) Water, Skimmed Milk (Reconstituted), Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Flavouring, Contains Lactobacillus casei Shirota.

Ingredients (Blue lid)Water, Skimmed Milk (Reconstituted), Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sweeteners (Maltitol Syrup, Sucralose), Dextrin, Flavouring, Contains Lactobacillus casei Shirota.

Bleahhhhhhhhhhh
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

From what I can gather you don't need to keep taking the stuff long term once your gut bacteria is sorted. I suspect you would get way more benefit from eating good quality greek yogurt.
      Last edited by Richard Seekins; 03-06-2013, 07:14 AM.
      Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
      Height 5'9"
      Start weight 200lb
      Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
      Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
        Ingredients (red lid) Water, Skimmed Milk (Reconstituted), Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Flavouring, Contains Lactobacillus casei Shirota.

Ingredients (Blue lid)Water, Skimmed Milk (Reconstituted), Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sweeteners (Maltitol Syrup, Sucralose), Dextrin, Flavouring, Contains Lactobacillus casei Shirota.

Bleahhhhhhhhhhh
        Definately agree. This is for your son, right? Just buy a very good probiotic, Mark's is excellent.
        "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

It's ok for kids but I don't like them myself. Too much added sugar.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
            It's ok for kids but I don't like them myself. Too much added sugar.
            why is that OK for kids?

I agree with the good quality pro-biotic instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
              why is that OK for kids?

Children need more carbs and less protein than adults.

So if your baseline of a normal diet is yourself, then your kids can and should have have some higher sugar foods (like 'yoghurt' from the supermarket and more fruit), and less meat.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I just load some greek yogurt over berries in a thermo-insulated container, and my kiddo also loves pickles and pickled cabbage.... I am going give a shot to pickled tomatoes one of these weekends. When I was a kid that was my fav. winter food.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Why would a growing child need less protein?
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    why is that OK for kids?

Cause kids generally aren't watching their carbs, and growing children need them. Plus, it's hard enough to force yogurt down a kids throat if he doesn't want any.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I guess I could stick with greek yogurt.
                      One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Why would a growing child need less protein?
                        There's not that much protein in breast milk?
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
                        X