Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the thread title says
    NEED Bikini abs
    But really, nobody does need bikini abs.

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Don't forget the iodine.
    How on earth can she paint her testicles with Iodine?

Really, this thread is becoming ridiculous.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      I thought this was a safe place to recommend cold thermogenesis and extreme all-potato resistant starch diets. Thanks for belittling and mocking me!
      You clearly need more electromagnetic radiation from the core of the earth. Stop being such a belittled wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        You know what's wrong with your diet, and you don't sound willing to change those things. What sort of advice were you expecting?
        Alternatives to the options I'm currently eating, maybe? That could be helpful

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGirl View Post
          I thought this was a safe place to ask questions and get help. Thanks for mocking and bashing me.
          O dear, sweet urchin! I was merely mocking RM for forgetting iodine, but Merl makes a good point that if you don't have the huevos to paint you'll need an alternate delivery system, say, an iodine-tini? Don't forget a dash of selenium, and I enjoy a bit of vanadium in the mix. Vanadium just makes fun funner.

No, do you need a hug? Because I'm not too proud to lean in and hug my monitor to send positive vibes. People at work are pretty much used to such behavior from me. Maybe we can become pals and compare notes, as I attempt to develop a rippling, glistening 6-pack over the coming months. Right now it's a 2-pack (Are you Shakur? Why yes I am!), but as I bask in cold water, eating cold taters, and sipping a cold potato-based alcoholic infusion resplendent with minerals, I shall visualize our concurrent progress and ultimate success, for I am nothing if not ... something, I forget the word.

Chin up. Nose to the grindstone. A penny saved. And don't forget to clean the toejams.

Comment

Holy crap guys, she just asking how to lean up the last couple pounds. Hardly an impossible task. Maybe some of are are jealous that she could actually have abs?

GuitarGirl, I would suggest you start doin some bodyweight work. There are plenty of youtube videos. Abs are made in the kitchen but if your muscles are weak then they wont show.

Second i agree you need to dump the junk, especially the starbucks. Replace them with fruit and fruit juice and fresh coffee. I suggest using your sweet tooth to your advantage and up your carbs, lower you fat. You dont sound like someone who would benefit from low carb.

Comment

as I bask in cold water, eating cold taters, and sipping a cold potato-based alcoholic infusion resplendent with minerals, I shall visualize our concurrent progress and ultimate success, for I am nothing if not ... something, I forget the word.
              An aphasiac?
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                An aphasiac?
                Oysters are my favorite aphasiacs. But that's not the word I was thinking of. Well, it was probably malapropriate for such a cordial forum anyway.

Comment

Oysters are my favorite aphasiacs. But that's not the word I was thinking of. Well, it was probably malapropriate for such a cordial forum anyway.
                  You mean that's not the word you weren't thinking of. And, technically, we're only a cordial forum if you drink us after dinner.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

aphrodisiacs, aphasiacs, but what about AfroRican? Way better than iodine and cold
                    thermogenisis - it'll also take you back to high school if you're as old as I am...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIo3KXZdnUs

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGirl View Post
                      Alternatives to the options I'm currently eating, maybe? That could be helpful
                      It was probably the way you started your post: giving excuses at the get-go. Most of us work full time, and many live where it's winter and cold.

To get "abs", you should exercise, and you need to eat right. You're on the definition of an "eat real foods" website/forum (someone did link the Primal 101) so that would be what we'd suggest switching the processed foods out for.

Also the bottled Frappuccinos have pretty much no caffeine in comparison to actual coffee or lattes that you could order. It's probably the sugar actually fueling you.

Comment

Hey guitargirl, sorry that you've gotten the wrong impression of us. There are definitely jokesters around us
                        But honestly, do the real food test: before you eat something, ask yourself if you could recognize where it came from in nature. Larabars don't grow on trees and frappacinos don't form streams and pools. Eat some eggs and meat for breakfasts, a HUGE salad with meat/egg/whatever-the-heck-you-like for lunch and then eat meat and veggies for dinner, but don't just limit yourself to chicken and carrots. You might look into IF, I've found that I am rarely hunger for lunch so I usually just end up skipping it. Mark's website is really great. I find usually when I have questions I can usually find the answer in the archives. Good luck!

Comment

^ this. Sorry that the joking ran a bit amuck. I was not all at your expense, some of it is just joking about a number of other threads over the past many months of all kinds of hacks to lose a pound (some worthy of consideration, btw).

I would offer: very clean diet, some sort of carb and calorie cycling timed around days when lifting heavy (see flame war in other threads about merits of different ways to lift heavy), with sprints thrown in for good measure. My experience with moving the last few pounds around (unsuccessful so far) is that it takes patience and discipline; both are often in short supply.

Comment

No one "needs bikini abs". But that's what she wants. What is so difficult to understand here? Do you all also berate men who want abs? She wants what she wants just like the rest of us do. We all have goals and there's no reason to put someone else down for theirs.

GuitarGirl, read through the links. No one here in the forum is going to take the time to give you a blow by blow of what you should be doing and eating when it's already all laid out here and all you have to do is read. Just read, it's really comprehensive. Also, consider buying the book.

Start here. Mark&#039;s Daily Apple
                            and here are great links. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html
                            Just acclimate yourself with the way of eating and the methodology. It works if you plan on changing your lifestyle, and not just dieting for a few weeks.
                            be the hair that knots with my hair
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

GuitarGirl: You have started several posts - I believe your first one was titled "are Frappicinos Primal?"

You've received pretty decent advice previously - you seem to not want to listen. Or even attempt to follow the advice that you received.

Now your posting - no, whining actually - on a healthy lifestyle forum, that you can't seem to lose more weight and you can't see your abs - and coming up with all kinds of excuses why you can't get any exercise - all while you continue to suck down sugar laden candy and calling it a meal.

Your threads are not going to be taken seriously . . . sorry

Comment

She is not being berated for wanting bikini abs. She is being berated for being a whiner who lives on junk food yet came here looking for some quick fix while using work, cold weather and a sweet tooth as excuses.

Either suck it up and make the changes or live with the imperfect abs.

And FW, if you ever come to town, I'll buy you a plate of oysters just for giving me such a good laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X