~ *** Over 8 years problem: Help me be Fat & Heavy like you *** ~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'm hyperthyroid and my appetite is far from lost. Hyperthyroidism increases your appetite.
    I said a "possible" symptom. My grandmother was and my uncle is hyperthyroid and they both experienced appetite loss.

Comment

Most people look at BMI lists and swear that there is no possible way that they will ever weigh somewhere in the target range. I think what I would try if I were you is to become a grazer. Grazing is a big problem for anyone trying to lose weight but in your case it might just help. If you're always eating something, those calories will start to add up! I would also try to get a lot of fat and other calorie dense foods into my diet. If you make a hamburger, make sure you put butter on it
      Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

seriously, people --- can u say troll?
        ----------------------------------------
        F, 48, 5'10"
        Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
        Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Originally posted by straving2death View Post
          hi, i have this very big problem for over 8 years now...

im busy with more important things on my mind.
          I just have to add, like any person trying to lose weight and get healthy, underweight people also have to make it a priority to do what they need to do to get where they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
            FYI, Alya is always trolling with her low calorie propaganda. Ignore her.
            Um no I don't. I know what works for me, doesn't necessarily work for everyone, unlike you.
            But anyway, read the thread title. Its bloody rude.

Comment

Go on a calorie restrictive diet.

Works for most people.
              Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
              https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
              MFP Food Diary:
              http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
              (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
                Winner!

Comment

i don't finish my meals. im busy with more important things on my mind.
                  One thing you'll have to do is convince yourself that finishing meals and eating enough is the most important thing you need to do for your health right now. If you can't convince yourself of the importance than it is possible you're looking at an eating disorder. In that case seek medical/psychological assistance.

i'm just tired. and after the time it takes to cook, im not at all hungry.
                  You're tired because you are under/mal nourished. Your body isn't getting enough calories so it is slowing metabolism down to keep you alive.

If cooking is exhausting, starting eating more things that you can pick up ready made. Explore the deli counter for the good ready made meats. Eat cheese slices. Often delis have ready made veg and salad etc. Carry nuts with you and snack as often as possible. While I'm not an advocate of the junk food diet, at this point calories are more important for you than dietary purity.

I don't agree that you should junk food out. That certainly won't help your health, but carbing it up a bit with healthy things like nuked sweet potatoes loaded with butter would be a good idea. I'd also add butter to everything simply because it's a fast way to add calories and has some serious flavor appeal.

Even if you don't believe you have an underlying medical problem (hyperthyroidism is one possibility I can think of) you should get checked out by a doctor because the serious underweight can cause medical problems (see fatigue above.)

To get yourself to eat enough, you may need to eat very frequently in small amounts at first. Your body just isn't used to much food at a time. Carry snacks you like at all times, and eat as often as possible. Use a timer if need be. If you find you can't do this, again, might be time to get some help.

I'm dealing with my elderly mother who just doesn't have much enthusiasm for food, to the point where she would forget to eat for long periods (not dementia or Alzheimer's) She can be very like you, just not interested, too busy. By the time I moved up here she was under 100 lbs, had pneumonia and was sleeping 18 hours a day!

It took a long time to get her retrained to eat enough and for a while at the beginning her doc had to prescribe a med to increase appetite. Even then, very nutrient dense, frequent meals and snacks and GRADUAL building of slightly larger meals was necessary. For a while, it was taking her more than an hour to eat a small lunch. But patience was worth it. She's much healthier and more active and no longer needs to sleep all the time. Still, she needs to remember how important it really is to eat.

That's where you need to get to also. Food = life. Food = energy.

Comment

Certainly seems possible. If I hadn't had to spend a lot of time feeding a seemingly perfectly rational person back into good health, I'd be very suspicious. I must say though, that my underweight mom didn't have the attitude problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                      Wow what a way to come and ask for help.
                      Not a nice title of your thread.

Sounds like you need professional help
                      My thoughts exactly. What a rude and insulting title

Comment

Exactly what is "straving" and how can that lead you to death?
                        "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by desertcreature View Post
                          Exactly what is "straving" and how can that lead you to death?
                          I think the OP might be 8 years old...
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

why?? how's that going to help at all??? where is your evidence to support??
                            The book recommendations might help with your sentence structure. Reading seems to translate into better ability to express yourself with the written word. So yeah.... read some books

Comment

Can we NOT feed the troll? (pun so not intended) and can we please stop bumping this thread?

Comment

This.

And agree w/Ayla re: the OP's rudeness as well.
                                Starting Weight: 197.5
                                Current Weight: 123
                                Far healthier!

Comment

Working...
                                X