best stevia brand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best stevia brand

I was wondering where everyone got their Stevia from? I know that brands like Truvia are out there, but my understanding is that they are not pure stevia? Anyone able to offer a link to the good stuff?

I prefer nuntaurals liquid stevia. They make it in alcohol free also. Vitacost and iherb sell it at a cheaper price than what you'll pay at a store.

My referal code to get $10 off a first time purchase at iherb is ZPG348.

Comment

Does any of it taste good?
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

My DH uses the nunaturals liquid for his coffee.
        when he first started using it he said it had a strange aftertaste but once he got used to it, he no longer notices any aftertaste.. however... if he uses sugar he says it(sugar) has a weird aftertaste now...
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I go with NuNaturals also. Alcohol-Free tastes the best. Doesn't have that weird aftertaste that the regular has, and 100x better than any other brand (in my opinion).

Comment

I use Natvia. Because it tastes nice.
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

I ran out of nunaturals liquid stevia last week and bought sweetleaf liquid stevia. I didn't care as much for the taste and it took more drops to sweeten. Overall it was decent. I think mark recommended sweetleaf in one of his recent posts.

Comment

I use liquid SweetLeaf. I really like it, though when I had my mother try it in her coffee she said it tasted strange to her. I'm guessing that's because she had never had any sweetener other than table sugar up until that point though. It's available in many different flavors too, which can be nice for flavoring coffees, teas or water.

Comment

I just recently started using Stevia, the liquid form, the brand is Sweet Leaf.
                  It tastes okay, but it's not as concentrated as I ecpected it to be.
                  For instance, I have to use at least 10 drops in a cup of tea, to even taste some sweetness.

Comment

I use the trader joes stevia powder.

Comment

Prediction: In six months you'll be using regular sugar again.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                        Prediction: In six months you'll be using regular sugar again.
                        What makes you say this?

Comment

It happens to a lot of people. You obsess over finding the most healthful alternative, non-caloric sweetener and then eventually realize you use so little of it in the first place there's no reason to not use regular sugar. Not only is it cheaper and generally tastier, all of us eat a very small amount of refined sugar compared to the general population anyway, so a bit of table sugar here and there won't have a measurably negative effect on our health.*

*notwithstanding what seems to be a remarkable number of posters on the forum for whom a single bite of sugar is a gateway drug to cake

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't use much sweetener in the first place, like I don't put it in coffee or in tea or whatever. I do use a bit of Xylitol occasionally to make my own chocolate bars from cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla or almond extract. My thought process is that I use so very little of it that I can afford to spring for the non-caloric sweetener.

Comment

Best stevia brand is no stevia brand. That stuff has the texture of dandruff and tastes like it too. Nasty. Use real sugar.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X