No announcement yet.

best stevia brand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Truvia. Some people don't like erythritol, but I have no issues with it and it seems to look good in studies.

Lately I've just been using a bit of organic sugar. It's not many calories and I just feel better having the natural stuff. Plus, by Grandma's rule, it's fine. My grandparents put real sugar and cream in the coffee and did just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bob loblaw View Post
      Plus, by Grandma's rule, it's fine. My grandparents put real sugar and cream in the coffee and did just fine.
      I think soon we're going to have to change this to Great-Grandma's rule. My grandmother, born in 1918, embraced every new convenience that was invented for housewives. Cake mixes, margarine, Crisco, etc.

Comment

I use the SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Steviaclear. I only use it in my coffee and tea. It is super sweet, has no weird aftertaste, and the 4 FL oz bottle lasts for months. It is about 14 bucks at Natural Grocers. My wife and I tried several other brands trying to find a good flavor to accompany coffee; it is by far the best. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
          Prediction: In six months you'll be using regular sugar again.
          My DH switched to stevia for his coffee over 3 years ago.. he never went back, says sugar taste weird and has a naff aftertaste now if he has to use it for his coffee... plus with the amount of coffee he drinks... it wasent a insignificant amount of sugar he was using (2 rounded t-spoons per cup x about 10 cups a coffee a day adds up fast)
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I use sweetleaf liquid drops and stevita granulated.

the sweetleaf drops do lend a weird taste/after taste at first but you get used to it after awhile. I dont use the regular drops though I always go for the vanilla cream. the regular sweetleaf is really not good.

stevita is awesome though. 1 packet is perfect for 16 oz. of liquid so have a packet for a standard cup of tea or coffee works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by bob loblaw View Post
              I use Truvia. Some people don't like erythritol, but I have no issues with it and it seems to look good in studies.

Lately I've just been using a bit of organic sugar. It's not many calories and I just feel better having the natural stuff. Plus, by Grandma's rule, it's fine. My grandparents put real sugar and cream in the coffee and did just fine.
              erythritol isn't the problem people have with truvia. It is the "natural flavors" in it. That could be anything from msg to something wheat or soy.

Comment

I've been using stevia since you had to buy it as a green powder in the "supplement" section of the local hippy store because 1) the FDA hadn't yet approved it as a sweetener and 2) Whole Foods hadn't taken over the world yet. I wish I could remember the name of the place I used to go to in Fair Oaks, CA. That place was cool but I'm sure it's since been bought by or run out of business by Whole Foods.

Pardon my walk down memory lane. I currently like the Whole Foods brand liquid extract. Sweetleaf is good too.

Comment

A wonderful brand, with NO aftertaste, is the liquid version from KAL.
                  I used to get it from Whole Foods, but I don't see it there anymore.
                  So, now I get it from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                  X