Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain- free eating but not being primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found that memories of things and the actuality of things are often two very different things.

Like when I remembered eating a Little Debbie cake with my grandfather in my childhood... Then biting into the same type as a grown up and going "WTF!?"

It did not taste as good as I remembered it... Seriously.

Many things have worked that way since transitioning to eating clean whole foods. Including pizza.
    Unless I make it at home (only occasionally)... Meaty crust FTW!

Store/restaurant pizza tastes like over-salted cheap ass crap. Which is exactly what it is. *shrug*

Also, I really LIKE the taste of vegetables.
    Last edited by cori93437; 03-01-2013, 02:56 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      I will concede the point that I remember pizza being very tasty and have even, on occasion, been known to make faux-"primalized" versions thereof. (Meatzza, cauliflower-crust pizza, and egglpant mini pizzas, to name 3).
      Hell yeah it's good. I used to eat it every day. Pizza for dinner and the leftovers in the morning for breakfast. I'd be so stoned and hungover that I'd leave the pizza sitting on the couch, and wake up and grab a slice first thing in the morning and chase it down with warm rum, coke or monster.

Ahh youth.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Ewww... that tells me it didn't have to taste good...
        It just had to be convenient.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Being convenient and cheap certainly helped, as it was Little Caesars. $5 for a large "Hot 'n Ready".
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Nothing beats cold little ceasers for breakfast. I might run out and grab one right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              I don't eat pizza anymore, but you'd be lying if you said it wasn't better tasting than a salad. Nothing subjective about it.
              ur doin it rong then
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                Nothing beats cold little ceasers for breakfast. I might run out and grab one right now.
                Yeah dude, all this strolling down memory lane is making me want to go out and grab one now.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  ur doin it rong then
                  Salads aren't palatable to me, it feels and tastes like rabbit food.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    Salads aren't palatable to me, it feels and tastes like rabbit food.
                    lemon pepper chicken and strawberries and almond bits and mushrooms and poppyseed dressing and and and on top of some baby greens

friggen wonderful, yo
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

lol... seriously? We talk pizza and you guys wanna go out for little freaking cesars? Thats like the worst ever! Digiorno even kicks its ass. Actually I really like PapaMurphy's take n bakes with xtra sauce. Thats one caveat with me... any pizza must be dripping with x-tra sauce.

Comment

lemon pepper chicken and strawberries and almond bits and mushrooms and poppyseed dressing and and and on top of some baby greens

friggen wonderful, yo
                        I can definitely appreciate a good salad.

I have an easy formula... baby greens, meat, goat cheese (gotta be soft crumble), berries, nuts, GARLIC, balsamic vinaigrette... AWESOME!

Comment

Even when I ate pizza I never considered Little Cesar's to be palatable... nor Dominos or whatever other chain.

That's serious bottom of the barrel crud.
                          Ewww.

Not even hot and fresh was it ever what I would consider good food or good pizza.
                          Though I certainly ate a few pieces in my time, one piece here and there, to not be polite when invited places.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

friggen wonderful, yo
                            Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            I can definitely appreciate a good salad.

I have an easy formula... baby greens, meat, goat cheese (gotta be soft crumble), berries, nuts, GARLIC, balsamic vinaigrette... AWESOME!
                            Both of ya... SO much better than any stinky chain pizza!

Seriously... what weird drugs are those two on?
                            Bleh.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It's only 5 bucks yo, plus it's ready and fresh out of the heat lamp. Takes me back to my early 20s(few years ago)
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

For 5bucks you can make something tastier in your own kitchen, and faster because you don't have to drive and get it...

And, still... yuck.
                                I remember what it tasted like in my early 20's and it was new and all the rage ... Yuck.
                                Even being high didn't make it taste good...
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X