Got diet milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if serious or trolling...

Gorbag, go read up on the commercial food industry and the addition of sugar to fast food as a way of getting people, especially children, "addicted" and coming back for more, and as a way for making things "taste better". Also go read about people who are trying to give up sugar, and then read up on why it is so hard to do so.

Yes, people are soft when it comes to sugar and fat because it was the richest source of energy... *and very hard to come by*. Now we have sugar everywhere and marketing is manipulating this weakness for sugar. So the everyday person has been raised on high-sugar processed foods and that ends up being what they "like" and expect.

Children didn't rely on so much sugar to grow and develop, that's ridiculous ... the incidental sugar you get from fruit, vegetables and MILK (yes it naturally occurs in milk) is more than enough for us.

Comment

They still get both, I am not taking away all their sugar at all.
      They get plenty of fruit, and we make things with date balls, and ice cream using coconut sugar. But those are occasional things, fruit is every day for them though if they want it.

But I still don't think they just suddenly want it if they have never had it or seen their family eat it. Why would they?

I guess I am more thinking of sweet junk foods like ice creams and lollies. Are you meaning these things or sweet things like fruit? I guess the same would apply though if you never ever gave them fruit or ate it yourself, I don't see why they would suddenly start asking for it at 2 or 3

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
        So Gorbag, do you know children who have never ever had it or saw their parents eat it, just suddenly start asking for sweet things?
        So, try to put some aspartame or sugar in the milk of small kids for one day and the next day you can add some MCT oil or whatever and see what the kids prefer. You and other fatlovers on this thread are wrong in your ideological bias towards fat...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          So, try to put some aspartame or sugar in the milk of small kids for one day and the next day you can add some MCT oil or whatever and see what the kids prefer.
          Why...??

Comment

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
            Why...??
            Because kids love for sweet tasting foods is not something they have learned from somebody, they love it above other tastes by default...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Interesting debate, however, do you all realize we have the power to actually do something about this?

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...dairy-products

Submit your comments here:

Regulations.gov

Comment

Because kids love for sweet tasting foods is not something they have learned from somebody, they love it above other tastes by default...
                As a teacher and childcare worker I have never had a child ask for sugar in their milk. The number of kids who just love plain milk is actually higher than those who prefer flavoured milk, and there has not been a single child ever who preferred plain sweetened milk.

The number of children who also preferred savoury foods over sweet is astounding.

As for me, I grew up in a country where sweets were VERY occasional and I ate whole, natural foods for the majority of time. I have never wanted sweetened milk, and if given the choice of sweets and candy or salted nurts, crackers etc at a party I would go for the nuts/crackers/etc.

Comment

So, try to put some aspartame or sugar in the milk of small kids for one day and the next day you can add some MCT oil or whatever and see what the kids prefer. You and other fatlovers on this thread are wrong in your ideological bias towards fat...
                  Dude this isn't carbs vs fats. Your talking about artificially sweetening a perfectly healthy food source to elicit a response of overeating.

Comment

Seriously, you are poisoning your children. This is crazy talk.

As for children liking sweet. Of course they do, we have sweet receptors for a reason! Breast milk is like 60% sugar and it teaches children to latch on.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      Dude this isn't carbs vs fats. Your talking about artificially sweetening a perfectly healthy food source to elicit a response of overeating.
                      Right now we discussed whether Kids love for sweet foods is something imposed by the parents/society, or not - but yes, if a non-calorie sweetener can make kids drink more milk and eat less other sugary food, I absolutely think it is a good thing...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Seriously, you are poisoning your children. This is crazy talk.
                        If you think that aspartarme is poison you better check your sources...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Expecting there to be proof or sources to show the dangers of aspartame is asking for a lot, especially because there won't be studies long term enough. However, willingly ingesting MSG and and an excitotoxic that stimulates and destroys nerve cells as well as damaging your intestinal flora is not something I want to do.

Go ahead and role the dice though, but don't act like it's healthy or even comparable to sugar... that's just being a fool.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            Go ahead and role the dice though, but don't act like it's healthy or even comparable to sugar... that's just being a fool.
                            Aspartame is a synthesis between two amino-acids - which are building blocks of organic life, and there are made thousands of scientific studies on it, and also huge meta-studies, with no indications that it should be unhealthy whatsoever. Sugar on the other hand will give most people problems if doing a few hundred grams per day, so aspartame is far better, no doubt about it...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              Children are predisposed to learn to prefer energy-dense foods over energy-dilute foods by learning to associate the flavors of these foods with the positive physiologic consequences that result from eating energy-dense foods, especially when they are hungry
                              I guess that explains why kids don't like vegetables. Kids are smart.

Comment

Aspartame is a synthesis between two amino-acids - which are building blocks of organic life, and there are made thousands of scientific studies on it, and also huge meta-studies, with no indications that it should be unhealthy whatsoever. Sugar on the other hand will give most people problems if doing a few hundred grams per day, so aspartame is far better, no doubt about it...
                                Even if free amino acids could be produced without introducing toxins and allergens, they wouldn't be appropriate for use.
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X