Fish oil supplement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish oil supplement

How much of a fish oil supplement should someone take? Is there a recomended grams/mg? I am not eating a lot - hardly any really - fish in my diet right now and I am not sure that the recomended two pills per day is adequate.

Why don't you eat any fish? What's your linoleic acid intake like?
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I am in the military and trapped eating at the chow hall at least six days a week and fish generally isn't an option. I go to sushi occasionally but that about sums it up. What does linoleic acid come from?

Comment

I take 300mg/day krill oil. I do not like the fish oil. Nasty after taste and burping.

Comment

Sorry, I should have said "Omega 6." You eating lots of seed oils and CAFO meats? That's where it comes from. I don't have a solution for you, just wanted to point out that it's better to adjust your ratios by lowering omega 6 rather than increasing omega 3, but it doesn't sound like that's a very feasible option for you.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Linoleic acid is found in tree nuts(walnuts,pecans,almonds) and sunflower seeds and avocados, are some of your best and best tasting sources. I will pass on the flaxseed. Some folks swear by flaxseed it but if I can get what I need from a handful or two of almonds why eat something that I don't enjoy, right?

Comment

Living in barracks on island definitely does not lend itself to optimum eating. I cringe each time I Skype with #4 son and he is filling up on a can of ravioli. I keep telling myself, "He is young he will bounce back." adding omega 3 is more effective than trying to reduce the omega 6 onslaught they experience.

Comment

I always take Nordic Naturals fish oils and have never had the bad aftertaste associated with a lot of fish oil supplements, these have an awesome lemon after taste if any but usually I dont even get that. A dose is 140 mg and I usually take it at night with my evening meal. That was my other question is if whether or not there is a best time of day to take them, sounds like maybe I should take more??

Comment

I take two 1000 mg fish oil twice a day for a total of 4000mg.

Comment

Have you tried Mannatech Omega 3/D? No aftertaste, very high quality compared to others I've tried:
                    Omega-3 with Vitamin D3 | Mannatech

Comment

Well some circles say morning or lunch if you are wanting to improve brain function and energy. Makes sense. Apparently if you are wanting to improve your skin take it at dinner because the skin repairs itself while you sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by BellaPorter View Post
                        I take two 1000 mg fish oil twice a day for a total of 4000mg.
                        Yeah, I'd be afraid of all that PUFA. I take 2-4 cans of sardines/week.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                        X