No announcement yet.

Not losing weight on Primal plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone! Sounds like I need to up my fat intake and be patient. I actually enjoy doing the Insanity workouts, so I won't cut those back yet unless upping my fat intake and some time doesn't solve things. Thanks again!

Comment

Hi,

I'm wondering if you've had any success? I am three weeks in and NOT loosing. Getting very frustrated and looking for some hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa in Virginia View Post
        Hi,

I'm wondering if you've had any success? I am three weeks in and NOT loosing. Getting very frustrated and looking for some hope!
        I was frustrated in the beginning thinking I should be losing faster than I was (which felt like nothing in the first few months). I posted a few days ago about 'only losing 10 lbs" in 5 months. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread80306.html
        I was actually changing the shape of my body and getting smaller, without the scale moving much.

Eat real foods - meat, veggies, fat. Eat when hungry. Some days you will eat more then others. After a while you will notice you are eating less without trying. Give it time. It works.
        Last edited by Stacy15; 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

My recommendation is to just walk and keep your diet in check until you lose about 100 pounds. On a program like Insanity or any high velocity workout, there is an extreme amount of stress on your joints, bones and tendons when you are moving that much extra weight. Not only are you risking an injury, but are likely causing inflammation and raised cortisol levels due to the increased stress. I constantly have to remind myself, less is more. You might find that it proves true in your situation. As always, you just have to see what works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by afsjesse View Post
            First of all, ditch the nuts. Many people can't eat them while they're trying to lose weight. Eat an apple or have a piece of meat. Second, up the fat!!! From the two days of eating that you posted, the fattiest thing you've eaten is 2, count them, 2! pieces of bacon. You need more. Eat more beef and bacon. Throw in some extra coconut milk into that curry sauce! Be generous with the EVOO that you're using for that salad. Have an extra slice of ham! I think that'll solve your problem! Good luck!
            Eat regular bacon instead of turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is processed with many carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael M View Post
              Eat regular bacon instead of turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is processed with many carbs.
              Uhh, says who? I looked up some turkey bacon ingredients and they don't look too different from bacon, besides the pork instead of turkey thing.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I think Applegate Farms makes a good turkey bacon (uncured) in terms of ingredients; I personally think it's too salty, so I stick with their Sunday (pork) bacon (also uncured).
                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Working...
                X